Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    > @ShadeySimmer said:
    > Hi there, I am currently in the process of building a career but need some help in terms of what you mean when I am required to add a description and PTO off, could you explain this to me please ?

If i understand correctly you're inside one of the language tabs?;
    "Location" would be the Name of the Employer your Sims are going to work at/for. "Retail CLothes Inc." -
    "PTO Tooltip" is really just that little thing on the Phone to take a Day of Vacation (aka "Paid Time Off"); Just fill it with "Take a day off" -
    That is followed by the Track One Title which would be the "Name" you want to give Track 1 - Probably the same that the career has in the Overview, maybe something more detailed "Fashion" -> "Fashion Consultant" -
    Next comes Title (gender neutral): Which should be self explanatory (if not: Salesman/Saleswoman -> Salesperson) -
    The Description that follows all this is what you see when you pick a job on the phone. "You like working in Retail? You Like Clothes? Well this will be your dreamjob if you hire at "Retail Clothes Inc.!" -
    Same goes for Title and Description in each of the Levels: "Trainee on job" - "You fold clothes and put them into the shelves, this is fun"

Hope this helps ;)
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • ShadeySimmerShadeySimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Marduc_Plays said:
    > > @ShadeySimmer said:
    > > Hi there, I am currently in the process of building a career but need some help in terms of what you mean when I am required to add a description and PTO off, could you explain this to me please ?
    >
    > If i understand correctly you're inside one of the language tabs?;
    > "Location" would be the Name of the Employer your Sims are going to work at/for. "Retail CLothes Inc." -
    > "PTO Tooltip" is really just that little thing on the Phone to take a Day of Vacation (aka "Paid Time Off"); Just fill it with "Take a day off" -
    > That is followed by the Track One Title which would be the "Name" you want to give Track 1 - Probably the same that the career has in the Overview, maybe something more detailed "Fashion" -> "Fashion Consultant" -
    > Next comes Title (gender neutral): Which should be self explanatory (if not: Salesman/Saleswoman -> Salesperson) -
    > The Description that follows all this is what you see when you pick a job on the phone. "You like working in Retail? You Like Clothes? Well this will be your dreamjob if you hire at "Retail Clothes Inc.!" -
    > Same goes for Title and Description in each of the Levels: "Trainee on job" - "You fold clothes and put them into the shelves, this is fun"
    >
    > Hope this helps ;)
    >

thank you, that helps a bunch :smiley:
    > @ShadeySimmer said:
    > thank you, that helps a bunch :smiley:

You're welcome, had to figure some things out by a little bit of trial and error, but if you've got all the bits together it's easy breezy.
    One more Tip cause i almost slammed my head into the table over it, the command line in python wants correct capital letters in the filename XD
  • EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Thank you Neia for adding the description section for the levels. While it was possible to add/edit those using Sims 4 Studio, its much nicer having them in the career creator.

One thing I noticed also, if you want to change the pictures in the creator, it doesn't seem to work well if you try to delete the existing ones. The program seems to hang and leave broken images. For my first career, I didn't want to use pictures I "found" on the web, but I hadn't figured out what I wanted for an image. So for place holders I just used something generic and then tried to delete them after. I ended up having to delete the entire career and start over to fix the problem once I did create my images. I could have just left those old images and again edit them using studio but it's nicer to have it all happen in the career creation tool.
    On a planet far, far away.
    (Maybe stupid) Question: Does the career tool automatically generate a "Promote" cheat for each job?
  • ClaireneylonClaireneylon Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Marduc_Plays said:
    > (Maybe stupid) Question: Does the career tool automatically generate a "Promote" cheat for each job?

it does with MCC commands mod anyway, you can promote that way, but i imagine so.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited April 2018
    @helen912
    The main track is the one on the first line, the branches are below. The main track is the first you create, and you can't delete it. I've added it in the tracks title, it should be a bit clearer now.

@Ethyrdude
    I'll take a look. Do you remember what you did when the image didn't get removed properly ?

@Marduc_Plays
    It's the game default behavior in fact, but yes there's always a cheat code for custom careers, it's careers.promote NameOfTheCareer
    If your career name is complicated, you can also use careers.promote ID and the ID is just below the career name when you're on the Edit career page.
    @Neia
    Thank you very much, might make testing a little faster, and i can add it later on to the download notes for player comfort.

You're really doing awesome work here, and in creating the tool, of course.
  • Simtan16Simtan16 Posts: 8 New Member
    @Neia I'm loving this tool so much and have created many careers already in testing, but there is one thing I'm attempting that I'm struggling with and was hoping you or maybe someone here could help me figure out. I'd like to have a trait added as a reward for maxing out a certain career, but I have no idea which xmls I'd need or if there is some complicated coding I'd need. For example, I'd like to add the connections trait after reaching level 10 of a custom career advancement career I'm working on. Also, I'd like to allow for automatic slight skill leveling during each shift while working in the career. Could I do any of this with my very basic coding knowledge? Thank you in advanced for your help.
    To remove the image, I clicked on the links to remove them (Remove Icon, Remove Picture). The images were deleted but then a broken image picture appeared in each picture's place.
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Dear Neia,

Yes, I have seen it. And my God, it Shows up and seems 2 work!!! I will wait until my Sim has run through all the Career - afterwards I only Need to know how to get the Career into MTS. :smiley: I am really, really happy. And have learned a lot! THAAAAANK YOU!
    Hello, Ethyrdude,

I had the same. Built up the whole career two times therefore.
    @helen912 to upload on MTS go to the hotbar on top -> Create -> Creator Forums -> Upload item. Read the FAQ (really do, cause they're somewhat strict) and follow the instructions of the upload wizard.
    @Neia - I have a couple of questions. Is it possible to add a daily requirement to each level? I would also like to add a reward item to some of the levels. Nothing weird, just an item that is already in the game.

I finished testing my first career, a part time career with only three levels just to get familiar with how everything works. Now I am testing a new ten level career that I am considering adding different tracks to. This program of yours really makes setting up a new career very easy.

I do have another question about the ts4script part. When I import the py, I get an error notice "ImportError: no module named 'Services'". Do I need to worry about this or not?
    Hello Marduc_Plays,

Thank you very much, I will do so. :) I am really happy 2 b here, I discover. Too bad, I will be in Hospital from 24th on for about 14 or 16 days ... I think, afterwards, I'll upload. :)
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Is there a way to make some of these careers available for teens?
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

Similar question: Is there a way to have a "Career" for toddlers? I would love to create a Kindergarten. :)
    @Neia ive made several careers with your tool, but now all of a sudden the starting times i put in arent the same as what ive entered in game. I am using 24hr format like it says, with a start time of 0900 for example and in game it says 11am. my other careers havent done this.
    > @Claireneylon said:
    > @Neia ive made several careers with your tool, but now all of a sudden the starting times i put in arent the same as what ive entered in game. I am using 24hr format like it says, with a start time of 0900 for example and in game it says 11am. my other careers havent done this.

actually it says 11pm, not am. but still, theyre off. My career works, but the times arent right
    actually, turns out every career ive made has wrong times. so has other peoples. No one starts work at 11pm, but when i set a start time of 9am, thats what it says in game and they do go to work at 11pm.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Simtan16
    That's the kind of things you should be able to do with XML/Data, I don't think you'd need scripting

@Ethyrdude
    Daily task/rewards are definitely doable, but not in the tool yet. The service module error is normal.

@Claireneylon
    If you'd like to start 11am, you should put 11 in Start hour
  • StarByDayStarByDay Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi.
    I'm trying to create a classical music career with Pianist, Violinist, Conductor, Composer and possibly Opera Singer branches, and I thought it would be cool to make a version with Organist branch for those who have Vampire pack, but there is no objective for "Pipe Organ" skill. Is there a way to add it?
    Post edited by StarByDay on
  • JamofjarsJamofjars Posts: 21 Member
    Hiya, I'm looking at creating a custom career with the Create-A-Career tool.
    How would I go about setting the titles/ descriptions of each of the job levels to include gender specific titles as well as hes for men and shes for women? Additionally, would I be put in the sim's specific name into the descriptions (like the base game descriptions).
    Thanks in advance for the help
    -Jamjars
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited April 2018
    Is there a tutorial possibly, I'm new to this?
    Post edited by gummybear0724 on
  • AthenaApollosAthenaApollos Posts: 12 New Member
    One track in my career shows up three times. When I try to add the descriptions to that track, they will not save. If I try to delete the other instances of that track, then the entire track disappears. When I try to re-add it, it becomes multiple and other tracks become multiple.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top