Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Better AI (and better “memory”), more unique animations, more bug fixes, and less rip-off packs (*glares at My First Pet Pack).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • cashew11cashew11 Posts: 18 Member
    can we fix the Pet Toy Box from randomly turning on its side ?!
    OH AND ONLINE DATING NEEDS TO COME BACK miss that!
    plus can we chill out on the random spawned sims?! they all have incredibly weird names and they all dress the same.
    Thing's I would like to see in the Sims 4 regarding improvements.

- 'GET TO WORK' - why cant we take our sims to the hospital if they are sick? why do we HAVE to cure them with 'tea' or medicine online, if my sim is sick I want them to go to the hospital, just like they do when they give birth !! :)

- In a certain neighbourhood within a World, can we eliminate loading screens? I'm not asking for an open world, but more of an open neighbourhood :) ya get me?

-NEW 'PLAYABLE' CAREERS
    - Day-care/Babysitter (for teens)!
    - bring back the firefighters + stylists (stylist career would be so much more enjoyable using the sims 4 without any long loads)

-OKAY so... why cant we have gigs? I would like to see gigs added for the musically talented sims, while also introducing bands?

- that all I can think of bye lmao :)
  • Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2018
    1. Having sims jam together
    2. Have sims dance with each other.
    3. Not having the "get out of the city" whim when your sims lives in the suburbs.
    4. Not having the "giving an apartment key" when you live in a house.
  • Justanotherguy33Justanotherguy33 Posts: 6 New Member
    Adjustable life stage durations....
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I wish we could invite to the party anyone who someone from the household knows, for example the mother can invite her kid's friends without really knowing them.
  • laurenmarsbarslaurenmarsbars Posts: 1 New Member
    - Ability to customise patterns and colours in build / buy and CAS (like in TS3)
    - Vehicles
    - Pre Teens
    - More hair colours
    - University expansion
  • Valkyrie040Valkyrie040 Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2018
    In Sims 3 World Adventures, you can invite foreign guests/visitors to stay at your house for a few days. I was hoping that Sims 4 would take that up a notch and allow relatives and friends to stay over at your place and you can dictate the number of days as you wish. If we do have a World Adventures EP, I hope they bring this feature back so that you can invite friends and relatives over before a wedding or something or just invite them over so you can hang out. It would be great for Sims who have broken hearts or whose spouse had just died and they don't want to spend the night alone at their place out of extreme loneliness. Plus, can we please have the pool party, funeral party, and slumber party back?

Please give us NPC thieves, firemen, and maybe add doctors and vets who do house calls to the list. Also, please add more food for take-out, not just pizza. Maybe Mexican, Asian, fast food like burgers and fries, gourmet food, cakes, donuts, pastries, and other stuff. We need variety. It doesn't even have to be just food. They could also order beverages like smoothies, milkshakes, and coffee and such. For those vegetarian Sims and Sims who want to lose weight or health-conscious Sims, maybe they could order their special kind of food like Paleo or something from a South Beach Diet menu plan or a bunch of bottles of fruit and veggie juices that they can consume in a week.

Can we also have the option of ordering groceries? That's one of my favorite things in Sims 2. I wish we could also have some sort of rabbit hole grocery store. I miss that and I miss City Hall in Sims 3 where you can change your name or the hospital where you can have plastic surgery and the spa where Sims can have a facial scrub. It would be perfect especially now teens are prone to pimples. Ah, those were great memories. In the Sims 4, you get to do it unrealistically. Want to change your last name? Make sure to enter the cheat code cas.fulleditmode and enter CAS. Sheesh.

Could you also bring back the ice cream truck and the food trucks from Sims 3? Also, I know I already requested this but just to reiterate, can we please add food and more drinks for vampires so we can open a restaurant that caters only to vampires? Especially for vampires who are just too good to drink from mortal Sims?

Please also bring back cars. Our Sims don't live in the dark ages where they travel on foot. Can you please also bring back the car pool, school bus, and taxis? Maybe now, you can add Uber to the list and Sims that don't own cars or opt to not own cars can share cabs just like UberPOOL. :)
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    In Sims 3 World Adventures, you can invite foreign guests/visitors to stay at your house for a few days. I was hoping that Sims 4 would take that up a notch and allow relatives and friends to stay over at your place and you can dictate the number of days as you wish. If we do have a World Adventures EP, I hope they bring this feature back so that you can invite friends and relatives over before a wedding or something or just invite them over so you can hang out. It would be great for Sims who have broken hearts or whose spouse had just died and they don't want to spend the night alone at their place out of extreme loneliness. Plus, can we please have the pool party, funeral party, and slumber party back?

Please give us NPC thieves, firemen, and maybe add doctors and vets who do house calls to the list. Also, please add more food for take-out, not just pizza. Maybe Mexican, Asian, fast food like burgers and fries, gourmet food, cakes, donuts, pastries, and other stuff. We need variety. It doesn't even have to be just food. They could also order beverages like smoothies, milkshakes, and coffee and such. For those vegetarian Sims and Sims who want to lose weight or health-conscious Sims, maybe they could order their special kind of food like Paleo or something from a South Beach Diet menu plan or a bunch of bottles of fruit and veggie juices that they can consume in a week.

Can we also have the option of ordering groceries? That's one of my favorite things in Sims 2. I wish we could also have some sort of rabbit hole grocery store. I miss that and I miss City Hall in Sims 3 where you can change your name or the hospital where you can have plastic surgery and the spa where Sims can have a facial scrub. It would be perfect especially now teens are prone to pimples. Ah, those were great memories. In the Sims 4, you get to do it unrealistically. Want to change your last name? Make sure to enter the cheat code cas.fulleditmode and enter CAS. Sheesh.

Could you also bring back the ice cream truck and the food trucks from Sims 3? Also, I know I already requested this but just to reiterate, can we please add food and more drinks for vampires so we can open a restaurant that caters only to vampires? Especially for vampires who are just too good to drink from mortal Sims?

Please also bring back cars. Our Sims don't live in the dark ages where they travel on foot. Can you please also bring back the car pool, school bus, and taxis? Maybe now, you can add Uber to the list and Sims that don't own cars or opt to not own cars can share cabs just like UberPOOL. :)

These are all the things a lot of us want to see in Sims 4, and are still hoping are added into Sims 4 eventually, all of these are awesome ideas! :)
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Want to change your last name? Make sure to enter the cheat code cas.fulleditmode and enter CAS. Sheesh.

In fact, you don't even need to use a code :(
  • DepressedOatmealDepressedOatmeal Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd really like attic roofs. Instead of not being able to put anything into the roof. It would reeealy help with some builds I've been wanting to do.
  • peeanggpeeangg Posts: 66 Member
    I think Live Mode really needs to be #1 on the list of things to fix. Everyone seems relatively pleased with CAS and BB mode, but Live Mode, which is the main draw of the game for a lot of people, is really lacking. Personally, my biggest issues with it are the lack of individuality of each sim and the lack of having any meaningful consequences or progression.

This could be fixed by having more autonomous unfriendly interactions, traits dictating actions and desires more, and adding memories. Live mode has always been super weak in TS4. They really need to fundamentally change it, or at least add more depth and progression for sims. There's really not a lot of ways to "succeed" in the game and not really enough goals that aren't playermade. The goals in the game basically amount to: keep doing this animation to level up, like an rpg grindfest. I'd like the game to have more broad goals than the shallow ones we have. They should want things like true happiness or self-harmony which sounds cheesy and would be hard to add, but it could add so much character.

Sometimes it feels like I have to do most of the work to add more life in this life sim game. I have to give the sims I make personality and a story, otherwise they just all start to feel the same. While I do like creating my little world with its own characters, I'd also like to have the game be able do it by itself.
  • mo8333mo8333 Posts: 2 New Member
    As far as gameplay goes, here are some ideas that were in previous sims games that I think would improve the sims 4:

(1) ability to own more than one house
    (2) ability to sim in natural water sources
    (3) ability to build functioning ponds on your property and stock the ponds with fish you have caught
    (4) lot terrain that isn't 100% flat
    (5) ability for sims to do their own business/work - what I mean: before you could register as a painter or sculptor or whatever. Now you can make your sim do that informally but when asked by other sims, suddenly your sim is unemployed and if you switch households for a bit your sim can end up with a weird career. Now your sims can buy businesses and retail stores but those don't even register as your sims career. Your sim is just an unemployed sim who happens to own and work in a clothing store (for example)
    (6) more interactive careers, such as: firefighter, teacher, baker, etc.
    (7) more lots; even better - placeable lots in the world

As far as items/themes go, I would say:
    (1) bunk beds (for kids and adults)
    (2) things that make it easier to farm; examples include sprinklers you can upgrade to make automatic, greenhouses, ability to evolve all plants (like you can water all plants, weed all plants, etc. but not evolve all plants), canning produce, etc.
    (3) preschool for toddlers
    (4) boarding school
    (5) treehouses and smaller jungle gyms
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    cashew11 wrote: »

Thing's I would like to see in the Sims 4 regarding improvements.

- 'GET TO WORK' - why cant we take our sims to the hospital if they are sick? why do we HAVE to cure them with 'tea' or medicine online, if my sim is sick I want them to go to the hospital, just like they do when they give birth !! :)

- In a certain neighbourhood within a World, can we eliminate loading screens? I'm not asking for an open world, but more of an open neighbourhood :) ya get me?

-NEW 'PLAYABLE' CAREERS
    - Day-care/Babysitter (for teens)!
    - bring back the firefighters + stylists (stylist career would be so much more enjoyable using the sims 4 without any long loads)

-OKAY so... why cant we have gigs? I would like to see gigs added for the musically talented sims, while also introducing bands?

- that all I can think of bye lmao :)

100% all of this! These additions would be AMAZING!!
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
    mo8333 wrote: »
    ability to evolve all plants (like you can water all plants, weed all plants, etc. but not evolve all plants)

Well, this ability is there, in the game, but somehow it's not always working and I don't even know why sometimes they choose to evolve everything around and sometimes they only evolves one. Maybe this ability is too much dependent on the distance and the distance limit is too low.
  • Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    My sims will evolve 2 plants at a time but for the aspiration "evolve 5 different plants" it only registers 1.
    edited April 2018
    ^This one is a sure bug. Just cancel them evolving the next one and order to evolve again everytime.
  • CassieRoseCassieRose Posts: 14 New Member
    I think an open world like Grand Theft Auto, would be great. I know it would probably slow our computers down, but maybe technology is getting a little better?? I would LOVE, and this may just be me, a better fashion, more realistic option. Like Michael Kors, Chanel, etc., in an expansion pack. And I think it'd be cool for HGTV to team with The Sims and do an exciting expansion pack. Idk, just ideas.
  • kaseyanne5kaseyanne5 Posts: 6 New Member
    Not that this would stop me from playing, but I think this is the best place to put this thought... I'd love to see functionality where you can choose the amount of items from an item stack that you're moving.

So, for example, I'm getting a sim family ready to go on vacation in the woods - I'm making sure each sim has some fruits and veg in their inventories in case they need a quick snack, which I'm pulling from the fridge. I can't place the whole stack, cause then one sim might have 99+ apples (for example), but it's a bit tedious to do one by one by one... so, if I could move the stack and then be asked "how many would you like to move", and I can type in, say "5", and, voila - five apples in the sim's inventory, and all the rest remained in the fridge.

I think that's a feature that could be quite useful (hoping it made sense).
  • Alistairlover31Alistairlover31 Posts: 4 New Member
    Here are few ideas that come to mind:

- Online Dating
    - Notification when family member or close friend dies / is going to die soon!
    - Ability to see your pets stats, skills, age etc.
    - Story progression:
    - Townies dating, getting married, getting promoted etc. by themselves. There could be option to turn this off.
    - Pets should be able to eat on their own... Like seriosly. :|
    - When your sim is sick, they should be able to go to the hospital
    - More traits and Lifegoals. And not only good and vanilla ones. Neurotic and Eco-friendly traits, Golddigger aspiration come to mind right now.
    - If your sim retires, that should be shown at the info. It really bugs me that all my elder sims are "unemployed".
  • NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m not sure if some things I’m going to slit are already in the game but we need:
    -Graveyards
    -Piercings
    -A seasons expansion
    -Ghost colours that actually match the death instead of the emotion that ghost is feeling, at least make the emotions shaded ghosts optional or have an effect going around then that signifies what they died of instead of having them only act out their deaths.
    -More lot types and a wider area where those lots can be placed instead of only having like 5 places per town a sim can visit.
    -Custom hair colours (highlights and all that)
    -NPC’s from previous sim games making a comeback (such as the social bunny, match maker, Bigfoot, the therapist, etc.
    -Carnival rides
    -School interiors so we can take part in classes
    -Carpools/school busses/other vehicles so that the game is more immersive and sims aren’t teleporting to work
    -Oh, yeah, also can’t forget vehicles. I want me sim to own a Ferrari sooooo bad.
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    NAPK1NS wrote: »
    I’m not sure if some things I’m going to slit are already in the game but we need:
    -Graveyards
    -Piercings
    -A seasons expansion
    -Ghost colours that actually match the death instead of the emotion that ghost is feeling, at least make the emotions shaded ghosts optional or have an effect going around then that signifies what they died of instead of having them only act out their deaths.
    -More lot types and a wider area where those lots can be placed instead of only having like 5 places per town a sim can visit.
    -Custom hair colours (highlights and all that)
    -NPC’s from previous sim games making a comeback (such as the social bunny, match maker, Bigfoot, the therapist, etc.
    -Carnival rides
    -School interiors so we can take part in classes
    -Carpools/school busses/other vehicles so that the game is more immersive and sims aren’t teleporting to work
    -Oh, yeah, also can’t forget vehicles. I want me sim to own a Ferrari sooooo bad.

Very awesome ideas right here, I agree 100% with these awesome ideas. :3
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Valkyrie040Valkyrie040 Posts: 42 Member
    Seriously, we need lounge chairs (poolside-style and living room-style), sectionals, built-in refrigerators and microwave ovens and counter tops with a built-in stove as well. Built-in jacuzzis (especially right next to the pool) and fire pits would also be awesome!
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Maybe i'm the only one but no sims E V E R come to the police station to file a complaint...
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.