Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Punishment System Child/Teen

2...Next

Comments

• CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    A million times YES, teens and kids can do whatever they want rn, it's just not realistic.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • daniellecharliedaniellecharlie Posts: 5 New Member
    Agreed!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited March 2017
    I see myself using something like this often but its best as you said optional, if its forced on every teen/child I'd no longer want it as not all parents are involved. If it was forced on all teen/child it would really limit story telling.

I'd like it more expanded with options of teens sneaking out (option to follow or go on their own) past curfew with a chance to get caught when they return home or if cops and cars are ever added a chance to be returned home in a squad car.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited March 2017
    I believe this would also helped with rude guests that always eat stuff from their fridge or goes on their computer. So you could easily just put a house rule for guests not to eat from the fridge or go on their computer.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I like this idea.
    Also it will allow each family to feel unique
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I'd love this! My sim's child made fun of adults to his dad and I think it'd be cool if he could be punished for it.
  • StaceyEsthiemStaceyEsthiem Posts: 7 New Member
    Love his idea, what fun is having kids if you can't tell them what not to do?
    Might I add that it would also be interesting to be able to set daily chores for each child, such as take out the trash, do the dishes ect.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2017
    A perfect location for this would be in the setting panel when you go into build mode. It could be labeled as house rules and would have all of the members of your household listed. There you could set rules for certain age groups and certain sims. This way you have full customization of how your sim parent or runs the household. Optional of course. ;)

Um... Actually it would be better if It's just Parental (Maybe oldest Sibling) Interaction.
    The player through the parents can establish House rules
    I wouldn't call it a Mean/Friendly/Funny/Mischievous, I would file them under a New topic. "Parental Interactions"
    "Place Curfew On..." — brings Up "X" amount of kids in household in a UI including their Young Adult/Adult Children. you could technically take away their "Adult Card" and ground them" (My Dad did this to me, I have never been that scared I was being reckless, but I digress) — the player can choose a specific Child, or All children. and set the Curfew.
    "Ground/Time Out..."
    "Deny Access..."
    -No Electronics (could get even more specific, (No Music, No TV, no Video Games))
    -No Friends, Best Friend, Lover
    -If Favorites were a thing you Could deny the enjoyment of a Favorite Thing, Like their Favorite Hobby, Favorite Food alter their diet anything If the Teen really loves playing Soccer you could deny that... Deny Plasma from a Vampire Teen if you really wanted to be cruel.

this allows the player to decide what kind of Parent Strict/Laid Back, or even Favoritism among the Children.

Because I now with some of my Families, I want the Dad to keep his oldest Sons on a tight leash, but with his youngest Sons, especially the youngest he's laid back.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • kaw2006kaw2006 Posts: 72 New Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    A perfect location for this would be in the setting panel when you go into build mode. It could be labeled as house rules and would have all of the members of your household listed. There you could set rules for certain age groups and certain sims. This way you have full customization of how your sim parent or runs the household. Optional of course. ;)

Um... Actually it would be better if It's just Parental (Maybe oldest Sibling) Interaction.
    The player through the parents can establish House rules
    I wouldn't call it a Mean/Friendly/Funny/Mischievous, I would file them under a New topic. "Parental Interactions"
    "Place Curfew On..." — brings Up "X" amount of kids in household in a UI including their Young Adult/Adult Children. you could technically take away their "Adult Card" and ground them" (My Dad did this to me, I have never been that scared I was being reckless, but I digress) — the player can choose a specific Child, or All children. and set the Curfew.
    "Ground/Time Out..."
    "Deny Access..."
    -No Electronics (could get even more specific, (No Music, No TV, no Video Games))
    -No Friends, Best Friend, Lover
    -If Favorites were a thing you Could deny the enjoyment of a Favorite Thing, Like their Favorite Hobby, Favorite Food alter their diet anything If the Teen really loves playing Soccer you could deny that... Deny Plasma from a Vampire Teen if you really wanted to be cruel.

this allows the player to decide what kind of Parent Strict/Laid Back, or even Favoritism among the Children.

Because I now with some of my Families, I want the Dad to keep his oldest Sons on a tight leash, but with his youngest Sons, especially the youngest he's laid back.

Those are great ideas!
  • kaw2006kaw2006 Posts: 72 New Member
    These are all amazing ideas.
    I wonder how one can become a SimGuru...
    @MasonGamer haha yeah you're probably right. At first I thought it would it would fit better there, but now that you mention it; that would be a much better place. ;)
  • georgielulu123georgielulu123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to have a rule board. it would be VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! i think it should have things like, no tv, stay in your room and things like that.
    If that ever comes out i would use it. For now I have a room. it has nothing interesting except for a small bookcase and a desk. it also has a bathroom, a little kitchen ( just a fridge and microwave) and a bed. no tv, video games or even toys. after school they go right there. its like being grounded. you need to lock the door though. Just an tip i use. Hopeful the rule board comes out!!!
    @georgielulu123 Well actually, there is a punishment/parenting system in the game now. It came with the most recent game pack Parenthood. If you don't already know about it, I'd check it out. It really adds that extra layer of gameplay to families that we've needed for a while. :)
  • Katie123179Katie123179 Posts: 109 Member
    yess. i've always wanted the groundings and curfews and detention back. like there's no punishment to anything in TS4 unlike TS3 where curfews were built into the game, you didn't need a parenthood SP to have it
  • riceroniriceroni Posts: 44 Member
    This is an awesome idea! I can just see the "beat the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of" interaction on the pie menu already.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i like this. the only thing i want is the ability to set a time out chair. i don't like when the kids stand and only a few of mine sit.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Would be cool If jumping in bed/sofás returned, then If our sim parents was really strict they could punish them for jumping on mobília...
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    We need a way to properly scold toddlers for throwing food. I just use the Give a Talking to interaction and pretend.
    image.png
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I love the idea of curfew and other rules a parent would logically make for their kids.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There is a punishment system and curfew in Parenthood GP