Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New April content - Family portraits!

Comments

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I have a tablet but I'm not downloading TSM on it just to get a portrait. Not worth it would rather wait for the official release to the main platform I play it on.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    That background is such a downer though.

*Tin foil hat on*
    Maybe this is just a teaser for ... SEASONS!!!
    We used to have family portraits with the different seasons as background, maybe this is just them showing us how they'll look.
    *Tin foil hat off*
    Yeah, it really is an awful background.
    Speaking of! When I had gotten Cats and Dogs back when it dropped. I had knocked down the house at Hound's Head, and built my own Green Gardens from scratch. And just recently renamed it Omiscan Garden because I had stuck some decor from JA on that lot. Anyways when I'm playing my Sim's family that I have currently living there. I could swear that I see a marine layer just floating just above the surface of the water of the channel that separates Dead Grass island from the main land. And I think to my self a hint for Seasons when ever I see that fog looming out over the water in the channel.
    It just occurred to me that they have used a cat or a dog or something to do with Seasons as an incentive to push Sims Mobile. It would have made for a far better incentive for Sims Mobile than an empty picture frame.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2018
    I have a Windows phone. Yet again Ea pushing its products on those that dont want or disagree with selling tactics (MFP) anyone. :(
    geoffreypa wrote: »
    I have a Windows phone. Yet again Ea pushing its products on those that dont want or disagree with selling tactics (MFP) anyone. :(

I agree. Clearly learned no lessons from that mess.

The MFP stuff was really different though. This is - download something free to get something free.
    It's a shame you don't have a compatibly device though, but there may be a work around once it officially launches.

(I do know that as long as you have a Google account, you can download Android apps directly to your PC, but not sure how it would work with a phone number).

Maybe if anyone you know who has iOS or Android can link it for you :)
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    lol I dont want it. sims 4 costs me enough money ty ftp is free to pay, just dodgy giving to some and holding off for others. To Me its the same thing as mfp dodgy :)
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

But that's what happens when a company that sells something is trying to hard to push something to increase their profits.

A company wanting to make profit is one thing. With holding content (however lame it may be) and saying it was available for new downloads only is not fair to those who have the game or those who don’t want the game or can’t get the game. I understand the link has gone now anyway.

Their methods stink.

I think that was an error. I already had an existing download and was able to get it. It doesn't even ask for your email. It will just ask you to enter the phone number The Sims Mobile is on, and then boom. I didn't even have to open The Sims Mobile for it to work. So it doesn't matter if your device can run the game or not, as long as it's on your phone :)

Their methods are that people who play The Sims Mobile will move over to The Sims 4. This is no different to when they would give you exclusive content for owning console games and PC games.

Back in the day, I could unlock rewards for hooking up my Game Boy copy of The Sims to my main game. I don't see the issue if it's free.

What I don't agree with is making people pay for content like MFP Stuff when it should have been already included.

A free download to unlock free content makes sense, especially since it's to unlock a Sims Mobile feature in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Tbh I'm just waiting for someone to put the portrait in a room and upload it to the gallery, I do not care enough about the Sims mobile to install it for Sims 4 content.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

But that's what happens when a company that sells something is trying to hard to push something to increase their profits.

A company wanting to make profit is one thing. With holding content (however lame it may be) and saying it was available for new downloads only is not fair to those who have the game or those who don’t want the game or can’t get the game. I understand the link has gone now anyway.

Their methods stink.

I think that was an error. I already had an existing download and was able to get it. It doesn't even ask for your email. It will just ask you to enter the phone number The Sims Mobile is on, and then boom. I didn't even have to open The Sims Mobile for it to work. So it doesn't matter if your device can run the game or not, as long as it's on your phone :)

Their methods are that people who play The Sims Mobile will move over to The Sims 4. This is no different to when they would give you exclusive content for owning console games and PC games.

Back in the day, I could unlock rewards for hooking up my Game Boy copy of The Sims to my main game. I don't see the issue if it's free.

What I don't agree with is making people pay for content like MFP Stuff when it should have been already included.

A free download to unlock free content makes sense, especially since it's to unlock a Sims Mobile feature in The Sims 4.

I guess I don't quite get it then.. if I have the Sims 4 on my PC. I can (or could) only get this extra PC content if I downloaded the free mobile version... which I would never play. If I downloaded it they could track certain information and advertise to me ect through this I assume. They could even say to their shareholders we have a gajillion downloads!
    On the flip side what's funny to others at least is that I don't feel the same way about something I chose to buy on a platform I chose to play on... MFP.
    This portrait thing is content I might never get that could be in my PC game. I'm glad it's not something good to me like Grim's Guitar... but it's content that is made for the PC that will not be available to me. I don't like that practice.

@MrMonty96 Tell me when you see it. Admittedly, if I have a way to wiggle around and get it I'd be alright with it then. Kind of on the same level as past egg hunt events that I can't participate in now... but can still have all the stuff.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

thank you for the link!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Where does the portrait come from? Is it the CAS portrait?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Their methods stink.
    I agree with that. And yeah, they have taken down the link. And it's very unclear if it will ever return. Hopefully it will never return, and they have learned from this fiasco. I can understand the company wanting to increase it's profits for it means more money for it's future projects. But with holding contents for only new comers. It stinks far worse than rotting flesh.

It's returning. It was accidently put up too early. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up Later Today as I think Mobile has an event starting today.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited April 2018
    Someone needs to give it a normal frame. Like those wood ones. The current one looks like garbage. Totally out of place. But then again Sims 4 features many obnoxious things that don't blend together. It lacks themes, sets, compared to Sims 3. Also doesn't help we still lack Create A Style...yet our rainbow clown dogs with graffiti on their rear ends can. Go figure.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

Their methods stink.
    I agree with that. And yeah, they have taken down the link. And it's very unclear if it will ever return. Hopefully it will never return, and they have learned from this fiasco. I can understand the company wanting to increase it's profits for it means more money for it's future projects. But with holding contents for only new comers. It stinks far worse than rotting flesh.

It's returning. It was accidently put up too early. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up Later Today as I think Mobile has an event starting today.
    Yeah, I just caught that a short time ago. But o-well, It still hasn't gotten me to download Sims Mobile.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm pretty sure this thread should no longer be in Speculation & Rumor.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I like the idea of a family portrait, but that frame is an eyesore. I'd like something simpler and more versatile—like the frames you can put around paintings/photos your sims take.
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    I don't have Sim Mobile, just entered a phone number, clicked Submit and then, after restarting my game there was the portrait object in the decoration category. :+1:

Don't like how huge it is, and it doesn't seem to shrink very well (still needs to be put on a big wall) and there's only one frame but, hey, it's free and it means we don't have to mess around with Pose Player to get reasonably nice family group portrait. :)
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi folks, I've removed a few recent comments that derailed from the OP's post. :) Please look to keep the discussion here on topic. Thanks simmers ^^
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    Classy2018Classy2018 Posts: 10 New Member
    Lol, that's cool
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Someone needs to give it a normal frame. Like those wood ones. The current one looks like garbage. Totally out of place. But then again Sims 4 features many obnoxious things that don't blend together. It lacks themes, sets, compared to Sims 3. Also doesn't help we still lack Create A Style...yet our rainbow clown dogs with graffiti on their rear ends can. Go figure.

I have done this - check out this post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/938914/family-portrait-simpler-frame

Hope you like it!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It's neat, but why not just give it in a patch? :p
    I see this as a valued feature and they use it to manipulate. It only makes me dislike the mobile game even more. :D
    04-22-18_3-14-05nbspPM.png

I like Meadow's and Bastet's pose. In character for them.
    04-22-18_3-15-29nbspPM.png

04-22-18_3-16-48nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    StormIVXStormIVX Posts: 12 New Member
    So I have to download a sims game I don't want to play in order to get something for the sims game I hardly play?
    Wow another new low, who thought that 1 up, they deserve a raise lol.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    This is unfourtunate as I would love to have family portraits in my game but I have no interest in registering for Sims Mobile ever. Hopefully this gets added into the game at some point down the line without the Sims Mobile requirement.
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    I'm confused. I just entered my mobile number and got a text (may have deleted that straight away) and just automatically unlocked it too? Didn't even download Sims Mobile ...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm confused. I just entered my mobile number and got a text (may have deleted that straight away) and just automatically unlocked it too? Didn't even download Sims Mobile ...

Yes I've been hearing this from a few simmers.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

This happened to me also, but I did already have it installed, plus I had pre-registered months in advance.