Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they're currently working on The Sims 5?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    EmmySims wrote: »
    > @Lady Sugar said:
    > Wolfee wrote: »
    >
    > I honestly think that they might be throwing ideas around the table about the Fifth Installment, but mostly focusing on creating more content for The Sims 4 that we've been waiting long and hard for. But if they do make a fifth one, I feel the best way to make it is to make some kind of 20th Anniversary version or something where it includes our favorite features from all 4 games, while also including some new features as well. I would be happy with this the most. This would probably mean that it would have to be released around 2020, even though it might take longer. We just need to be patient :3
    >
    > But I think the better question is: What do you think we will get for the 20th Anniversary of The Sims? We might get a giant update for The Sims 4 with amazing features, or we'll get an "Anniversary Edition" for the Sims 5, like I mentioned. I just hope that we will get something amazing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nah, sis. Every little hope we had for SIMS 5 has died. Sims 4 itself is dead already. Have you seen what's been going on with MAXIS lately? MAXIS/ SIMS are starting to stink like a rotting corpse. Sad but true...

I am even thinking to going to sims 3 and forgetting sims 4 ever existed....

I'm with u.
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    WolfeeWolfee Posts: 7 New Member
    > @"Lady Sugar" said:
    > EmmySims wrote: »
    >
    > > @Lady Sugar said:
    > > Wolfee wrote: »
    > >
    > > I honestly think that they might be throwing ideas around the table about the Fifth Installment, but mostly focusing on creating more content for The Sims 4 that we've been waiting long and hard for. But if they do make a fifth one, I feel the best way to make it is to make some kind of 20th Anniversary version or something where it includes our favorite features from all 4 games, while also including some new features as well. I would be happy with this the most. This would probably mean that it would have to be released around 2020, even though it might take longer. We just need to be patient :3
    > >
    > > But I think the better question is: What do you think we will get for the 20th Anniversary of The Sims? We might get a giant update for The Sims 4 with amazing features, or we'll get an "Anniversary Edition" for the Sims 5, like I mentioned. I just hope that we will get something amazing.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Nah, sis. Every little hope we had for SIMS 5 has died. Sims 4 itself is dead already. Have you seen what's been going on with MAXIS lately? MAXIS/ SIMS are starting to stink like a rotting corpse. Sad but true...
    >
    > I am even thinking to going to sims 3 and forgetting sims 4 ever existed....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm with u.

I'm just gonna keep an eye out for any big news about The Sims.
    (and wow, this quote is ridiculously long XD)
  • Options
    CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2018
    no, they're working on "The Sims: fully mobile version that we pay Youtubers to shill for so that young children who have their parents credit card linked to their account will buy it and make hundreds of microtransactions"
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't think they are actively working on 5 yet as I believe 4 may go longer - but I do believe it is in the early stages of preparation to start. Of course I have no way of knowing this - it is just a feeling I get and why they moved folks around or let them go and are hiring new folks. I feel if it was being worked on - they surely would not have let long timers in the field go unless it was not started yet - just discussed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    To say the least, things are not looking too bright. It's a shame because The Sims is such a unique franchise, there is absolutely nothing else like it in the market. If The Sims really turns exclusively into an RNG-microtransaction based mobile nightmare, than we for sure need someone else continuing the series on in spirit for PC!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    adridixuhappyfaceadridixuhappyface Posts: 1 New Member
    If you look at the release date patterns, it looks like they would be working on a new one that would come out in 2019. But considering the fact that Sims4 kind of didn't meet expectations with a lot of simmers and let down a lot of people, they're probably less motivated to continue the series. If they decide to make a comeback, it would need to be bigger and better than any other sims game ever, so it might take a little bit longer. My prediction is 2020, but it's okay because I still love the sims3 the most.