Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims will be at EA play this June

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    What data do you have to say this site here is less than 1% of those playing? This site doesn't list how many are members, how many are logged in, how many visits, who are guests just surfing, and or anything else. It might to the moderators but TS3 listed all that stuff and how many were logged in on release date etc. Or the biggest number of people on the site totals etc. How can you even suggest you actually know this site is less than 1% without the proper data.

Yes there is data.

Based on the badge ownership:

There are 53k members that have posted at least one comment
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/badge/comment

There are 17k members that have posted at least ten comments
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/badge/comment-10

Since we know TS4 has sold more than 5 million copies back in 2016 (confirmed by SimGuruLyndsay), we can safely assume the total number of posters here are less than 1% of TS4 players.

Still no proof of anything. Some of that 5 million sold may have been one person (we know a few) who bought more than one copy. :)

Wasn’t the 5 million copies never confirmed? When the badge started circulating gurus refused to confirm what it was in reference too.

They did confirm it, but not in the context of those buttons. It was awhile after that when they said “something like that” in regards to a question about 5 million units sold. I wanna say it was after toddlers.

It was. 2017 and a good month or two after Toddlers/Vampires came out. Just get tired of correcting it because some people insist it's those buttons in 2016, even though they never explicitly stated it and Drake even had a comment heavily implying that assumption was false.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

Do you think it's an expansion preview? Cancellation of the series? The Sims 5?

Sims 4 Certainly isn't getting cancelled. It's made a lot of money. If TS4 was doing so badly they wouldn't have released it to the consoles as well.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »
    They're gonna reveal the next three expansions, like they did with TS3. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it. B)

What about the remaining Gamepacks as well?
  • Options
    Either the game is going to be launched in another platform or is getting an online function ( :( )
    I don't think that's the place for an EP and I don't think TS5 would be announced like that. I'm not even sure there would be a TS5 as we know it. The trend I see for the future of the game is all mobile focused and/or online so... :/ I hope I'm wrong.

There is the possibility they could be announcing a big update like cars.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

Did anyone actually read the webpage thing - ie the French thing that is also in English?

It states The Sims Mobile is a featured game.

Still, at least Simmers can rest easy that they don't need to show up for this thing.

Mystery over.

EDIT:
    It may be a translation thing - so scrub what I said.

in the article it says:

"The Sims ™ 4 and our mobile games will also be available, along with several surprises."

It's very odd for me because The sims 4 does not get dragged to EA events anymore, so I think it should be something bigger than just a regular game add.

Now that we've got Sims 4 on console systems, they could be pushing it out for publicity purposes. For all we know, it could only be the console and Sims Mobile that will be featured, not the PC version...maybe that's when they make the official announcement of when the Sims Mobile will be released in the US.

SimGuruDrake said PC is priority over the Consoles. I don't see that changing. For that matter the console version doesn't even have a gallery.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Wait a minute.

Did anyone actually read the webpage thing - ie the French thing that is also in English?

Still, at least Simmers can rest easy that they don't need to show up for this thing.

Mystery over.

EDIT:

in the article it says:

"The Sims ™ 4 and our mobile games will also be available, along with several surprises."

It's very odd for me because The sims 4 does not get dragged to EA events anymore, so I think it should be something bigger than just a regular game add.

Now that we've got Sims 4 on console systems, they could be pushing it out for publicity purposes. For all we know, it could only be the console and Sims Mobile that will be featured, not the PC version...maybe that's when they make the official announcement of when the Sims Mobile will be released in the US.

SimGuruDrake said PC is priority over the Consoles. I don't see that changing. For that matter the console version doesn't even have a gallery.
    EA only decided to make the console version because they got a new and much cheaper way to make it. Of course the sales numbers for the PC version can’t have been too bad either because EA sure doesn’t expect nearly as high sales numbers for the console version as for the PC version. Most simmers already own the PC version and the console version is identical. So only few of those simmers can be expected to buy it. Therefore the main reason for EA to make the console version must have been to get some console gamers without a good PC to consider buying TS4 too.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well we know it's not an announcement for Sims Mobile. It's releasing today!
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member

Do you think it's an expansion preview? Cancellation of the series? The Sims 5?

i think its showing off the sims 4 with only the current expansion packs all installed. you know just to give people a chance to play the sims at EA play. plus i also think they may talk about the june patch. exciting sutff.
  • Options
    Taking a wild guess: TS4 is coming to new port: Nintendo switch?

wow you went above me but no my money is just them maybe talking about the june patch(which will already be out :))
  • Options
    Don't get why some people are in such a hurry to get sims 5.

If they jumped ship on sims 4 before giving us the essentials like seasons, university, supernatural, etc, what would stop them from doing it for sims 5?

They would lose all my trust and I would be done with the sims series.

I'm not really, I just don't know what to think in them NOT taking The Sims into any of EA events and then suddenly announcing it. One would think that the announcement should be bigger than just an expansion. Maybe a spin off, maybe a new game. However if they suddenly decided to start announcing packs for The Sims publicly in EA events, I won't complain. Might mean better communication :)

no its just marketing to make you excited to go to EA to be able to play the sims 4 since they are going to show off the sims 4 it will be more or less what it was last year.
  • Options
    Either the game is going to be launched in another platform or is getting an online function ( :( )
    I don't think that's the place for an EP and I don't think TS5 would be announced like that. I'm not even sure there would be a TS5 as we know it. The trend I see for the future of the game is all mobile focused and/or online so... :/ I hope I'm wrong.

There is the possibility they could be announcing a big update like cars.

nope its just going to them showing of the sims 4 and letting people play it :) with no new expansion packs ofcoruse :)
  • Options
    I think a new EP announcement in June would be way premature if they stick with the fall release schedule (to take advantage of holiday shopping season). I think it's more to expose the game to more potential players, maybe those that heard the bad press in the early days of the game. With hands on play of all the games together, those players will see that the game's come a long way since 2014.

We could possibly get another GP in summer -- probably not another vacation world so soon after Jungle Adventure, maybe something to improve education (home schooling, maybe an Education rabbit hole career plus the opportuninty and tools to run a daycare for those who want an active component). I'd love to see a "study from home" option similar to the "work from home" options of the CL career (Politician and Social Media). If they do announce a GP, they could have a beta version available for hands-on play at EA Play, then release it to the general public a couple of weeks later after they've squashed a majority of bugs.

that is exactly what they did last year. they tired to expose people to the sims 4 last year and i did not see the point of that last year because if you are going to ea play how do you not know the sims 4 at least exists. is there really someone who would be going to ea play and does not know the sims exists.
  • Options
    Wait a minute.

Mystery over.

EDIT:

in the article it says:

well last year they showed off the game to let people who were at EA play play the game. so i think they may do the same thing this year
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Unless Seasons or whatever the next EP turns out to be is a real game changer I can't see them announcing it at EA Plays when they haven't done so with any EP in the past. Nor do I think they'd ever announce that it was ending in such a way. Sims Mobile is supposed to be dropping in March and has already been announced and I don't think that it coming to the Switch would be enough to warrant bringing it to EA Plays.

Two things spring to mind to be big enough to promote at such a major event. An (Optional/Add On Only) Online Version or some sort of (Optional/Add On Only) VR function for the game? Those are the two hot things in gaming right now so...yeah probably highly doubtful on both counts but...maybe?

If you'd asked me a month ago I would have said that Sims 5 was a long way off but lately I've been thinking more about how 2020 is the 2020th anniversary the more I think that it makes a lot of sense that if there is going to be a Sims 5 that would be a great place for it to premier and people have already begun to ask what they have planned for the big anniversary so... That still gives them two years to continue to add and expand on Sims 4 and yeah that might mean we won't get all of the content that the previous games had but then as someone else pointed out they never made any promises that it would have.

More likely they just want to bring along a more casual gamer friendly game and nothing new will be announced at all lol

i think its just to announce the sims 4 exists
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited March 2018
    Maybe they're not totally oblivious to TS4's downfalls. This version had a hard time in the development stage and maybe they want to prove that they can do better with haste. Because let's face it, no matter what they're throwing at us it's still a pretty bland game. And they could be waiting for the big reveal of TS5 at this convention before releasing Seasons. This way players would continue to invest in TS4 while TS5 is being fully developed. But I think I'm being a bit naive, TS4 probably has a few more years to go. I just know I would be so very happy to hear about TS5.
    Post edited by BlueOvale on
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2018
    If EP05 Seasons is released in September, it's possible they planned something else in November/December. EP06 ??? GP08 ???

TS3 EP08 Seasons were released in November 2012, only 2 months after TS3 EP07 Supernatural.

• Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    hmmm.. june... Sims 4 VR? Or seasons...
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/