Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Couple Dancing

I read in an earlier thread that face to face couple dancing wasn't initially available. Has any patch or pack added it? Because I can't seem to make it happen. I heard the game has added slow dancing (can't seem to find that option either) but I am interested in some faster couple dancing, like if they were in a club dancing to a fast beat together. How do I make that happen? Is it possible? When I selected "Dance with so and so" they just danced next to each other and not actually WITH each other.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No, all that exists is group dancing in GT. I don't know where you've heard these things from.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Dancing with a partner is not in game I’m afraid.
  • Options
    DarkZephyrDarkZephyr Posts: 62 Member
    edited April 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    No, all that exists is group dancing in GT. I don't know where you've heard these things from.

Dear Lord. I regret buying this game. So far I feel like I am playing a stripped down version of Sims 2 without some of the neat features. Ugh.

I am utterly flabbergasted. What is Maxis and EA thinking? I have NEVER been this disappointed in a game in my life and this is literally the first time I have ever been disappointed in a Sims game. And the disappointment is massive. Blah. I absolutely and utterly regret spending money on this game.

Edit: I see that this thread has been moved from "general discussion" to "feedback". It was a question, not feedback, but OK.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    DarkZephyr wrote: »

Dear Lord. I regret buying this game. So far I feel like I am playing a stripped down version of Sims 2 without some of the neat features. Ugh.

I am utterly flabbergasted. What is Maxis and EA thinking? I have NEVER been this disappointed in a game in my life and this is literally the first time I have ever been disappointed in a Sims game. And the disappointment is massive. Blah. I absolutely and utterly regret spending money on this game.

Edit: I see that this thread has been moved from "general discussion" to "feedback". It was a question, not feedback, but OK.

I feel your pain - believe me.
  • Options

I feel your pain - believe me.

Thanks. The pain is real. This may sound pathetic but I was enjoying a 5 day weekend before I have to go back to work tomorrow and I feel like my 5 day weekend was absolutely ruined and wasted by finally breaking down and purchasing Sims 4 and trying to have fun playing it. lol I am such a nerd.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    There is a slow dancing mod that is quite good, that I recommend if you're not opposed to mods. I wish it were officially in the game, but this fills in that gap for me for now: http://sims4studio.com/post/97438
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Pegasys wrote: »
    There is a slow dancing mod that is quite good, that I recommend if you're not opposed to mods. I wish it were officially in the game, but this fills in that gap for me for now: http://sims4studio.com/post/97438

Thank you very much. I am not at all opposed to mods and will definitely be downloading this. Its sad that the consumers are able to fix the game where EA and Maxis can't or won't.

I hope this modder makes a fast dance mod too. In the meantime, this is fantastic, so thanks again!

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Thank you very much. I am not at all opposed to mods and will definitely be downloading this. Its sad that the consumers are able to fix the game where EA and Maxis can't or won't.

I hope this modder makes a fast dance mod too. In the meantime, this is fantastic, so thanks again!

I have this mod it's awesome. Not only can sims slowdance but they can place their head on the other sims shoulder and makeout while slowdancing. They face each other and hold hands.
  • Options

I have this mod it's awesome. Not only can sims slowdance but they can place their head on the other sims shoulder and makeout while slowdancing. They face each other and hold hands.

Yes, its so nice, I have tried it! I love it. I just need one like it for faster dancing now! lol

I still would love to know why EA won't put this in themselves. I can see in the forums here and elsewhere that people have been wanting this for the past 4 years. What gives, EA?
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

Welcome to the club.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think eventually .. couldn't come soon enough for me .. that we will have a pack that will have couple dancing.
    I'm really hoping that it will have a variety of ballroom dancing types but that might be a dream. I want them to foxtrot and salsa and rumba the night away... along with many other dances. I'd like club-like more freestyle dances available also.. but it would be so cool to have a few couples out on the floor at the same time doing a waltz... sigh..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I think eventually .. couldn't come soon enough for me .. that we will have a pack that will have couple dancing.
    I'm really hoping that it will have a variety of ballroom dancing types but that might be a dream. I want them to foxtrot and salsa and rumba the night away... along with many other dances. I'd like club-like more freestyle dances available also.. but it would be so cool to have a few couples out on the floor at the same time doing a waltz... sigh..

That would all be very awesome. I hope it happens. What makes you think it'll happen?

• Options

That would all be very awesome. I hope it happens. What makes you think it'll happen?

I don't have any fears that this series is ending soon and couples dancing is a pretty basic part of a life simulation. So I just believe we will get at least basic slow couple dancing at the very minimum. It will be tied to a skill and I wouldn't be surprised if when they start off stepping on toes is something that happens. It could come in a romance pack. A honeymoon pack ect..
    The wish for club and ballroom dancing well that's stretching it.. it's just a wish. I won't be upset if we don't get it.. but I'll be ready to empty my pockets if we do.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

I don't have any fears that this series is ending soon and couples dancing is a pretty basic part of a life simulation. So I just believe we will get at least basic slow couple dancing at the very minimum. It will be tied to a skill and I wouldn't be surprised if when they start off stepping on toes is something that happens. It could come in a romance pack. A honeymoon pack ect..
    The wish for club and ballroom dancing well that's stretching it.. it's just a wish. I won't be upset if we don't get it.. but I'll be ready to empty my pockets if we do.

Well, I sure hope so!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Time will tell if we will get a slow dancing pack, especially if it fits the theme of a pack. Get Together for example is more on clubs and partying than romantic night, so it dosen't makes sense to create slow dancing rather than nightclub dancing. I think Jungle Adventure can add it especially since its a vacation pack and can be used for a.. romantic honeymoon night, especially at the Cantina but they went on having culture dances rather than bringing the old one. It seems fine I guess, seeing we had a new dance step that we never had before and that it recognizes some of the culture of our fellow simmers.

Seasons would be great, especially since each season has a theme. Spring for example is about getting love, so that would be a opportunity right there. Seeing that Cats and Dogs requires them to add tons of new animations I hope we will get of tons of new animations with seasons too.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    It amazes me how the company is just sitting back, raking in the money. Meanwhile, it's the mod creators who are plastering and painting over the huge gaps in the game play.

When is this merry-go-round going to stop?

This version shouldn't have been called TS4. It's not a successor to what came before. Rather, it should have been called The Sims: DIY.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    It amazes me how the company is just sitting back, raking in the money. Meanwhile, it's the mod creators who are plastering and painting over the huge gaps in the game play.

This version shouldn't have been called TS4. It's not a successor to what came before. Rather, it should have been called The Sims: DIY.

The thing is they are not sitting back. Just because they aren't tell you what are currently in the works, or the content that you wanted hasn't been given to you yet, it dosen't mean they aren't doing anything.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Pfft this should have been included in the ROMANTIC garden pack, but what do I know lol Just like loyalty for partnered Sims being begged for, couple dancing seems to be another interaction people (like myself) are dying to have put in game. I also wish when they go out together or even on a date they can have hand holding as a thing. I hate when they either tag along like a puppy or simply wander all over the place.
  • Options
    Well I personally don't want slow dancing in a stuff pack if possible. I want more animations then they would be willing to put in a stuff pack.. If we only got a basic sims 1 dip maybe.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    There are mods so you can have your Sims dance together but I have never used them, but have seen them on My Stuff Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    TS1299 wrote: »

The thing is they are not sitting back. Just because they aren't tell you what are currently in the works, or the content that you wanted hasn't been given to you yet, it dosen't mean they aren't doing anything.

How do you know that they're not sitting back? It seems like they are. Things that we have been clamoring for for 4 years remain absent from the game. That seems to indicate a lot of sitting back to me. How long do they need to create some dancing animations that modders have created in what, a few weeks at most?

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Perhaps you're okay with staple interactions being inexplicably absent. I'm not.

When the community has to work to add the kind of interactions that made the Sims series what it is, there's a serious problem.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    I am still very frustrated about this game's lack of couple dancing. Sims dancing together was one of the things that enchanted me about the very first game years ago. I was a young gay boy and there were NO other games at the time that allowed this kind of same sex interaction. I purchased my first entrance into the game shortly after Makin' Magic was released, but I started with The Sims Mega Deluxe and then went from there, slowly building my collection til I got them all, and I fell in love with this game largely because my male sims could *dance with each other*, go out on dates, kiss, etc. By the time I was done, part 2 was released and I went and bought a better graphics card just so I could play it. My favorite features remained present in Sims 2 and when 3 came out, they were still there as well and they were even BETTER. The club dancing with couples was bleeping awesome. The animations were amazing. So this lack of couple dancing is just bitterly disappointing for me with Sims 4. And honestly, even the single person dancing animations that already exist...they don't impress me especially much either. I'm hoping a mod eventually comes along that converts Sims 3 dance animations for use in Sims 4.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I wonder if they'd add slow dancing with a 5 level skill in something like a wedding stuff pack.
  • Options
    I wonder if they will eventually give us a way to take a dance skill to 10. I do really think these things will come but this one for me is also hard to wait for.
    egTcBMc.png