March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let adults work part time teen jobs

AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Teens have those part time jobs that are short and/or on weekends. I think these jobs should be available to young adults, adults, and elders.

Part time jobs would be great for mothers or anyone who wants to work a little. Adults can work part time in the sims 3.

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    YES!!

There are excellent jobs that would work very well for quite a few of my sims. I am always looking for moneysinks because they have to much in the bank. I would gladly let my adult sims work part time if only they could apply to them.

I am myself a mom who works part time, would be nice if my simself could do that too.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yeah they could do it in TS3 and I'd love some of my adult Sims to only work at these part time jobs. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I have a mod that enables this, but it has to be in the same time slots as teens work. I'd like to see adults be able to do part-time jobs that include school hours or night shifts.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I absolutely love this idea!
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    The concept of this interest me a fair bit, especially if it lets your sim take up two jobs. Not sure why, but I do believe it would be a nice touch.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I'm with everyone on this one. I really, really want part-time jobs back for all ages above teen, and it would be really nice if they could have more than one part-time job, if necessary.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited April 2018
    This idea is great for sims with a monetized hobby such as writing or painting. It gives you free time, yet you get the structure of a job.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    yes the return of part time jobs for kids/elders would be nice again

paperboy

and the option to have two jobs.

home business
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Yes, this would be great. I've wanted this for a long time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I've wanted this, too, and it doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to add to the game. I would use it for my stay-at-home parents while the kids are in school, and it would be good for 'struggling Sims' stories. (Actually, it would add a bit of realism to the game, if you wanted that.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I have a mod that enables this, but it has to be in the same time slots as teens work. I'd like to see adults be able to do part-time jobs that include school hours or night shifts.

What mod do you use for this? The one I used to use broke a long time ago.
    That is a good point about teen work hours. I know in sims 3 adults still had to work within the teen hours. Maybe if each job had a morning shift and an afternoon shift? I would imagine this would be a very simple thing to establish.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I actually like that idea. Though I mostly use the jobs from City Living and they are kinda like a part time job in the sense you can stay home and work.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited October 2018
    Terra wrote: »

What mod do you use for this? The one I used to use broke a long time ago.

I'm actually not anymore. I ended up making my own part-time adult careers (and some that start part-time and rise to full-time) with Neia's career builder.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I actually like that idea. Though I mostly use the jobs from City Living and they are kinda like a part time job in the sense you can stay home and work.

@pepperjax1230 I don't know too much about work from home jobs in this game, but I tried it a few times and I found the daily tasks more work than just sending the sim to work for the day. I feel like this idea has a lot of potential. What is your take on work from home?

I'll have to give it another try.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    In my opinion its easier to have a job you can work from home especially if you sims are going to have kids then one parent can be home to take care of the child.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I love this idea, the sims get things way too easy. Letting them have not so great part time jobs would make things way more interesting.
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    I love this idea, the sims get things way too easy. Letting them have not so great part time jobs would make things way more interesting.

I didn't have sub-par jobs in mind. I just wanted certain jobs to require significantly less amount of time. This is for the reasons I mentioned above.