Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 013 - Rules

Comments

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited November 2017
    My sim is in luck, one of her male co-workers is single, YA and handsome! Turns out he is at level 6 of the tech guru career.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    illusie wrote: »
    about to start with this house challenge. Now it's make-over time!
    My sim Emily Romeo has got the traits childish, creative and good. Her aspiration is Master Chef. I just got Parenthood Game pack, so she also has got the responsible trait.
    Emily is super cute!! Have fun w/the Parenthood pack...I haven't used it all that much...I keep starting new saves & not getting far in game play LMAO I've also started doing Townie makeovers like a crazy person & dabbling w/Cats & Dogs heh
    illusie wrote: »
    My sim is in luck, one of her male co-workers is single, YA and handsome! Turns out he is at level 6 of the tech guru career.
    Booyah!! Snatch that guy up! :p
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    I thought so too :) So yes, she snatched up this guy.

H1CTXib.png

Only after moving him in I found out he was insane lol
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    @illusie Talk about lucky! I like insane sims so that wouldn't have been a problem for me. You really lucked out!
    @theamazinglee, thanks. I haven't played much with insane sims so maybe that won't be so bad. And yes, I do feel lucky!
    edited December 2017
    I've been stuck with building a house for this family, but I have got the shell up now. I ended up using a floor plan for inspiration.
    The game gave me a surprise...triplets...again! Think it is genetic? You might recall that Emily (the mom) is part of triplets as well.

I'm on vacation and am currently playing on my laptop. The graphics are not as good as I'm used to, but at least I can play! Though I think I'll wait with playing with my drifter family until I'm home again because of the quality of the graphics.
    Want to see a picture of my family?
    2rorqqf.png
    1 girl (Nora) and 2 boys (Aron and Roan).
    w2ds28.png
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @illusie Your Sim Drifter family is sooo cute! I can't believe how many triplets...what luck!!
    Can't wait 2 c the house!
    Have a wonderful vacation (not sure when you're going 2 b back...or if u r already)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited January 2018
    Thank you! I think this is the third set of triplets in the family. I lost count of how many twins there were...
    I'm flying home on Sunday. So I still have a little less than week.
    edited March 2018
    After not playing with the family for a while I kind of lost the connection with the family. Now I'm trying to reconnect with them.
    I just had a close call. My sim Frank (dad) almost died in a fire, but was brought back after one of the kids pleaded for his life. Which is good, otherwise it would have been a house fail! He is still at level 9 of his career.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @illusie Boy that was a close one. Thankfully his kid was able to save him.

I take a break from my families too which is why it takes me forever to complete a challenge. After a while you find out that you miss them which makes reconnecting easier.
    edited March 2018
    Yes it was! The fire was started by either the washing machine or the dryer. This is the second time that caused a fire. I never knew doing the laundry was so dangerous!

Thanks @Piazzagirl1015. I hadn't played the sims in a while. Maybe I should play with some other sims before trying to continue the drifter challenge with this family.

I'm glad the kids finally aged up to teens.

Diy61uy.png
    Post edited by illusie on
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @illusie It's the dryer that must be causing the fires. You need to clean out the lint vent or it will cause fires. EA added that as another type of death. If you hire a maid they will clean it out regularly. If not you just have to remember to send them to clean it out.

It would be a good idea to play another family until you get the motivation to come back to the drifter household. I get that way too which is why I have a few different challenges going at once. It keeps things fresh for me and I always go back to all my families when I start missing them. Right now I worked out a schedule which I devote one day a week to each challenge and that is working to keep motivation up for all.
    The family has got a maid...maybe it happend during the weekends when she was off. Not sure. Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to clean it often.

I only play the drifter challenge at the moment. It's a good idea to rotate between different challenges.
    Finally I was able to complete this challenge! I completed the last goal with no time to spare at all. Dad got the last promotion on the birthday of the heir. Way too close for comfort.
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    House 13 is going reasonably well so far. Marcus is level 5 in his career. He moved in a guy, Ashaya from work who's also level 5 and lady friend Yumiko who he hopes to get to know much, much better. :wink: Yumiko's level in her career so brings in a nice amount when she's at work.

I've a basic house but there's a long way to go.
    I hope it works out with Yumiko!! It does sound like you are right on track with this one. Good luck!
    @illusie thanks. Won't get much playing time this week as RL is going to get in the way, lol.
    Finally finished this house! Marcus and Yumiko had two daughters - Natasha and Nicola.

So it's off to house 14 with Natasha. :smiley:
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    Finally finished this house! Marcus and Yumiko had two daughters - Natasha and Nicola.

So it's off to house 14 with Natasha. :smiley:

Congrats! :smiley:
    Congrats @Karise !
    @Rawla @illusie Thanks.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights