Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which is your favorite expansion(s)?

for me, I must have pets. Also, I love Supernatural. Those are my top two. I mean I like something from all of the expansions, but I love pets and supernatural the most: mainly because I LOVE Faeries and I want that faerie to have a pet cat. heehee

Comments

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I love them all, although my computer struggles with isle paradiso's water physics when on the ocean. Kitties are just too dang cute and adorable. The weather systems add a nice touch. In fact, every expansion has elements that I find very useful and/or amusing. Heck, even the ability to do laundry is a nice addition.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    University, Late Night, Generations and Ambitions.
  • Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    Seasons and Generations. I love the thunderstorms and i like the fact that my Sims know who their family are.
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    To me it has to be Supernatural, when that EP was announced I was very excited because I loved Makin' Magic and well I love supernatural/fantasy stuff, so when I first got it I played non stop with a human sim and the alchemy skill. I was amazed that I only played with that small portion of the EP and I got so much gameplay going on! I couldn't wait to get to play for real with the occults that came with it. That it's without getting into the cas and build/buy items that came with it and the world with it's inhabitants, for me it was just perfect :love:

My second fave has to be Ambitions, I simply enjoyed the Firefighter and Ghost hunter professions too much as well as the Inventing skill and the hability to go around town blowing up stuff haha! also the fact that we got the self-employment careers which it's such a plus for me since I love playing with farmers and anglers <3

The funny thing is, as much as I love this expansions I still feel like I haven't tried everything they have to offer and that's without counting the rest of the expansions :lol:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    That's something I think TS3 gets right about the expansions. They're all packed with so much stuff that you can easily only explore a tiny fraction of it. One person commented to me that the expansions are "just a glorified item pack". And to an extent that's kind of true. But they also add so many new systems and features, many of which you might not ever discover but that quietly affect your game.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    My top five are : Pets, Seasons, Generations, Supernatural and Ambitions.
    Honestely I love them ALL !! <3<3 I love sims 3.

@Scorpina2009 : haa I am so happy there is somebody in the whole community that tells Sims 3 PETS is a MUST HAVE ! I totally agree with you.
    Sims pets lovers !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I would have to have a few installed- WA/Amb/Seasons....But, I haven't really dug down into most of them. There's still a lot of playing to do. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited April 2018
    World Adventures is my top favorite EP. I love the different styles that came with it, the new plants, and recipes. All my sims take at least one trip in their lifetime. most visit each destination at least once. Next on my list would be Seasons or Pets. I love collecting minor pets and the weather changes just really add to the game overall.
    lol I almost forgot about Ambitions! lol, since I installed it my sim has never held a 9-5 job. I register them all as self employed.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    It has to be Supernatural for me, closely followed by Seasons and University. I love the world which comes with the expansion, the life states, the plethora of build and decor items and the fact there is so much to do. Most of the same can be said for Seasons and University so it really is a close call.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    1. Seasons
    2. Generations
    3. Islande Paradise
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited April 2018
    I forgot to mention University; I love that one too. (supernatural and pets) That way I can have an educated Faerie with a cat. :)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    1. Supernatural - this is the EP that sold me on The Sims. It's inspired some really atmospheric builds and helped me create some wonderfully individualistic Sims.

MjgIvIz.jpg

xZrtUzA.jpg

2. University Life - with a ton of Build/Buy and CAS resources, as well as the Uni experience itself, this is an EP I have really taken to. It's nice to get my Young Adults a leg up on career starting out, and extra trait slots from Social Groups and earned Degrees are also appealing.

mIJfO96.jpg

6Y5LVrJ.jpg

3. Generations - this is a hard pick, but I am having a lot of fun with the Child and Teen years, and this EP adds a lot of depth to both of those. For family play, I find it really indispensible.

dGyrcoP.jpg

Ej691KA.jpg
  • Options
    I think what bugs me about Seasons is you have to make sure your sim doesn't get too hot or too cold. Sometimes, they will go outside and play in the snow and not have sense enough to go back in the warm house. LOL
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited April 2018
    Gee, I'm going to have to think about this for a while. :) Placeholding this for a future answer. :D I have every expansion other than Showtime (which is on the list to get in July to finish off my EPs). To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea.
    Edit: 9:37PM 04-19-2018

OK...I think I've come up with the reasons why I like certain expansion packs - three of them in particular.

1. Ambitions: Why?

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Do I need to spell it out? >:)

2. Generations: I don't know why, but I just absolutely love playing "legacies". It's always fascinating how a family looks down the generational line. Right now I'm playing a legacy on epic, however...it's already interesting seeing how the teens turn into young adults in Generation 2 while the founders are still alive,

Screenshot-94.jpg

3. World Adventures: I just love the different countries and the exploring that you can do in each vacation world. Shang Sim La is gorgeous - really makes you feel like you're in China. With Champs Les Sims, it's like being in a little French town and well Al Simhara, for a desert world, it's absolutely fascinating with the Sphinx and the Pyramids there.

Screenshot-221.jpg

Screenshot-324.jpg

Screenshot-270.jpg

4. Not an EP, but well...I enjoy NRAAS Traveller to pull all the worlds together. It makes for a more complete game...with fluid travel between worlds tying "continuity" together. And...well, all the NRAAS mods help to make the whole gaming experience with Sims 3 so much better.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    I like Seasons and Pets as well, but I am pushing what my system can handle already (it's really good for an old laptop, but at the end of the day, it is an old laptop) and both of those are huge resource-hogs. I find outdoor wear inconvenient, and my Sims inconsistent in when they remember to use it, and the seasonal activities don't make up for being able to run my hunky guys around half naked in athletic gear. :D

Pets also demand a lot of owner attention, and I dislike how doggie dig sites overtake my hem and mineral spawners. I can see my Witch needing a cat. But a dog, just to be able to access Alchemy reagents seems a bit much. I have played and enjoyed both, but neither break into my top five.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I love every expansion in its own way and couldn't imagine my game without any of them. That said, my favorites are Supermatural, Pets, and Seasons.

Makin' Magic was my favorite Sims expansion of all time, and Supernatural channeled it in a lot of ways. I love the supernaturals themselves, the fairies and witches, the revamped vampires. :smile: Fairies are probably my absolute favorite life state from the entire Sims series. Plus the town is great, I love the new recipes and plants, the build/buy. It's just such a great, robust EP.

Pets is second for me because, again, I always loved the Pets expansions and 3's was really good. My Sims games have never felt complete without animals, and I loved that TS3's version of Pets included things like horses, which we never had before in the series. AP is also a great town, and all of the minor pets are so cute! It just adds realism.

My third favorite used to be LN (which I still adore!) but I think after playing for a few more years, Seasons has won the number 3 spot for me. Again, it's nice to have some realism. Even when I turn off the other seasons, just having weather like rain and hail is such an important thing to me. It keeps every day from feeling the same and adds variety. And I LOVE the festivals. They make the parks feel more alive. Just a great EP all around.

That said, I do love things from all of the expansions, like nectar-making and martial arts from WA, boating from IP, street art and bowling from Uni and so on. I'm still floored by how much depth there is to this game.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, every time I try only enabling 2 or 3 expansions I find myself missing all those other options and features. "But Faerie, you never go on vacations" I tell myself, only to reply with "But without WA I can't take No Bills-Ever." "But Faerie, you hate the celebrity system and don't want to play a vampire"... At which point remember that I do like having bars and nightclubs in the game world. Disabling the expansions always makes me regret losing out on one feature or another, so I turn it back on.
  • Options
    Yes - it pains me not to use Pets and Seasons, especially as some of the build elements in Pets particularly are some of my favorites, but I also like a game that doesn't seize up and crash five minutes after loading... so if I play those, it's one or the other - and no World Adventures at the same time. :D "Inappropriate In A Good Way" is a LTR I lean on a lot.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    All of them.
    It was a nice run. Some of the EPs could have been better, but each one had something that made the overall game enjoyable.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree with all of you, because there’s not one I never use. They all have content I wouldn’t want to miss in my game and they’re more than the sum of its parts.

@Sindocat
    dGyrcoP.jpg

Nice angle!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I cannot play TS3 without Seasons, Pets, and Generations installed. Those 3 are absolute must-haves for me.
  • Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    My top 3 are Seasons,Generations and Supernatural. However, there are elements of each pack that I like whether it’s a nice selection of CAS items (Showtime and LN come to mind for that ) or cool things like bowling alleys and nectar making etc.
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »
    I cannot play TS3 without Seasons, Pets, and Generations installed. Those 3 are absolute must-haves for me.

Literally the same as me. I feel like the game is basically 'complete' with those EPs installed, however out of pure enjoyment factor: I also favour University Life as I feel it adds so much to the game, along with Late Night.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    My favorite is Seasons, with NRaas Tempest. But I would not like to play without Ambitions, Late Night or University Life or World Adventures either.
  • Options
    Its hard to have just one favorite! Like someone said, each one has something you love.