Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"You cannot do this while Sim is aging up"

13...Next

Comments

• Unibunny9Unibunny9 Posts: 11 New Member
    I had a similar problem where my sim aged up and they things were grayed out in game hours after she aged up. I fixed it by inviting her friends over and aging them up.
  • Edward_Collins1Edward_Collins1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Guys, I found a solution, if your sim lives in Crick Cabana, Willow Creek. When this glitch occurs, you can still send your sim to Sylvan Glade even when all the other transportation is disabled. And the most exciting thing is you will be able to save and exit there! I’m so glad I didn’t just quit and exit without finding the solution.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    This is becoming terribly frustrating - on one occasion, my Sim had died, so there was no way to have her blow out candles to 'finish' the aging-up. Grim came and did his job, and left an urn, but I finally had to quit and hope she was more successful at dying the second time. I had another Sim blow out candles after he'd aged up to young adult automatically, and he aged up to an adult (but the game still couldn't save, and in any case, he was supposed to be a young adult). Two days later, the game got stuck when no Sim in my household was anywhere close to aging up. I finally invited a teen Sim who was close to aging up to the lot, and he did age up, but I still couldn't save.

I have no mods. I play with aging on for everyone because I have other households with older relatives of the Sims I'm playing, and I don't want them to remain perpetual young adults or adults while their great-grandchildren are having babies. This bug has hit twice in the past few days, and although I do save a lot, I usually lose most of a day, or several days if I hold off and hope it will fix itself. None of the suggestions - changing lifespans or using the birthday cake, for example, have worked for me. The only thing that sometimes works is to play through another day or so, but if I still can't save, I've now lost several days instead of one. There is no 'last exception' file, either.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    This is becoming terribly frustrating - on one occasion, my Sim had died, so there was no way to have her blow out candles to 'finish' the aging-up. Grim came and did his job, and left an urn, but I finally had to quit and hope she was more successful at dying the second time. I had another Sim blow out candles after he'd aged up to young adult automatically, and he aged up to an adult (but the game still couldn't save, and in any case, he was supposed to be a young adult). Two days later, the game got stuck when no Sim in my household was anywhere close to aging up. I finally invited a teen Sim who was close to aging up to the lot, and he did age up, but I still couldn't save.

I have no mods. I play with aging on for everyone because I have other households with older relatives of the Sims I'm playing, and I don't want them to remain perpetual young adults or adults while their great-grandchildren are having babies. This bug has hit twice in the past few days, and although I do save a lot, I usually lose most of a day, or several days if I hold off and hope it will fix itself. None of the suggestions - changing lifespans or using the birthday cake, for example, have worked for me. The only thing that sometimes works is to play through another day or so, but if I still can't save, I've now lost several days instead of one. There is no 'last exception' file, either.

Hello
    SimaQARobo is asking for save game files from simmers who have this issue. You may like to share your game file with him and /or post feedback on the AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-save-move-because-game-thinks-a-Sim-is-aging-up/m-p/6735298/highlight/true#M61495
  • vickyloovickyloo Posts: 134 Member
    This is happening to me now everytime i age up a sim....which is really annoying when i am doing the 100 baby challenge! Hopefully EA will notice and get a patch done ASAP, mine only started with seasons. You can use MCC and take sims into cas mode which does fix it but you also loose everything since your last save.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    vickyloo wrote: »
    This is happening to me now everytime i age up a sim....which is really annoying when i am doing the 100 baby challenge! Hopefully EA will notice and get a patch done ASAP, mine only started with seasons. You can use MCC and take sims into cas mode which does fix it but you also loose everything since your last save.

Hello
    You may like to post your feedback on the AHQ EA thread also.