Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There A Limit On Discussion Notifications on Our Pages?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
Hey, when I go to my page/wall to expand notifications of discussions where people have answered me or replied, I have a limit of about the most ten recent. (?) (Expanded) I miss a lot of answers and replies (when expanded) since I don't see more than ten etc. Ones from last week or the week before are not on my 'wall' and so I don't know someone said something in reply or an answer. I don't want people to think I didn't appreciate an answer or reply or something.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi @Cinebar ,

Sorry, but I am a little confused - are you talking about the Notifications (the little Globe icon) or your Profile wall? Could you link me the exact page you mean :blush:

Thanks,
    -Mage

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    @EA_Mage,

I believe she's talking about the amount of posts that's made on our wall. It used to be that when the last post was bumped from the wall that it would go to a 2nd page which it doesn't do that anymore. So it makes it look like we haven't posted enough on our page to have a 2nd or even or 3rd page of comments/posts either made by the wall user or other members.

I see your profile wall has a 2nd page for you while the rest of us only have the 1 page meaning that when the last post gets bumped from that page, it's lost for good. When this site first opened up and we started posting on our wall, we would pages after pages of posting that we could go back and look at whenever we wanted, now we can't do that as we only get 1 page and that's it.

And because of this, I sometimes feel like not wanting to post stuff to my wall knowing that it's going to be lost when it gets to the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the clarification @lisasc360 .

The posts on the wall are not limited by amount, they are limited by age - posts on your wall are there for 2 months after which older posts are automatically deleted. The same applies for the overall Activity page.

For example the lovely rosemow currently has 4 pages of wall posts.

Hope this explains things a bit.

-Mage
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sorry to get back so late. Yes, I meant the globe thingy, when it's expanded and takes us to our page to see all notification there seems to be a limit of about ten or twelve followed by PM messaging, and ones from last week or earlier (notifications) though not looked at aren't there to see.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar The notifications will also remain for 60 days, for example mine currently go back until 23rd of February and that is 31 pages of notifications.

Your full notifications history for last 2 months can be seen on the following page: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/notifications
    If you have more notifications than what fits on one page, you should have a NEXT link at the bottom.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    -Mage