Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Something Be Done about the Inventory??

fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I try to scroll through it and it constantly jumps back to the top! It's impossible to use!
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I agree, the inventory needs some work.

I wish it had a clean up system that worked similar to other games. A simple button that organizes your inventory based on type (food, collectible, parts, plants, etc.)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I agree, the inventory needs some work.

I wish it had a clean up system that worked similar to other games. A simple button that organizes your inventory based on type (food, collectible, parts, plants, etc.)

Indeed. I found that if I pause the game I can scroll through my inventory all the way through without it jumping back up to the top.

But that is aside from the "fertilize" inventory which is way too segregated. It's ridiculous.
  • SublataSublata Posts: 2 New Member
    The Fish with Bait menu too! Why the list isn't ordered and why stacks are arbitrarily broken up, I have no idea. I was certain my game was bugged because I could never find any other mentions of the topic.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sublata wrote: »
    The Fish with Bait menu too! Why the list isn't ordered and why stacks are arbitrarily broken up, I have no idea. I was certain my game was bugged because I could never find any other mentions of the topic.

That one too! Good God! The inventory system of the whole game is fubar.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Sublata wrote: »

and the fertilize option!

-Yarden.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Or adding additives to laundry... fruit shows up in 'flowers' too...
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Thank you for making this thread! I thought I was just too stupid to properly use the inventory because I never saw anyone else complain about it and couldn't find a mod to fix it either.

My main problem is the chaos. I have a sim who is a scientist, a gardener, and a collector of various things - imagine my pleasure whenever I have to look for something specific in his inventory. And I wish there was an option to select how many of an item you want to sell, like there is in the household inventory, because right now the game only allows to sell them all or one by one.
  • PeanutButterSims2002PeanutButterSims2002 Posts: 104 Member
    Sort option please and the ability to sell all at one for cleaning up inventory and choose how many items to sell not one or all.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    My gardener Sim has been needing an inventory sorting overhaul for ages...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, it's a nightmare!
    And as there pointed out so are the fertilizer and fish with bait ones.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Oh gawd, yes! In serious need of inventory organization! And can we please get the option to sell those earphones that come in the Fitness pack? Come on!
    #Team Occult
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oh gawd, yes! In serious need of inventory organization! And can we please get the option to sell those earphones that come in the Fitness pack? Come on!

Yes please, I hate those things and you can't get rid of them! I don't care if they sell for 0, but just let us get rid of them.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Anyone notice how the relics/dirt clumps don't stack in their inventories? It's so annoying how they scatter all over their inventories with the relics of the same value and quality.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    My inventories are crashing and I'm not sure what's going on. It keeps bugging out my Sims and making their families unloadable. There's something really fishy going on with them. The thing I hate most about inventories besides my recent bug is how the family inventory jumps back to the beginning after you place an item. It's really annoying when your Sims are moving house and you are putting all their old furniture down in the new house, since there isn't much rhyme or reason to how the furniture is organised in the family inventory.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    We need a way to delete the whole inventory if we so desire. If it gets to full the game begins to lag anyway.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Inventories are a nightmare. Plus, a couple of days ago I sent my policeman sim to work on his own instead of going with him and he came back with an empty inventory! I was not happy. He had collected loads of stuff and it was all gone.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I dont' like the inventory it is a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.