Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Career Ideas

Comments

• misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    I really would love that! I hope they put all these in a game for us! Is there a way we can ask them?

I hope so! Hopefully they'll see this discussion :)
    A fully fleshed out Fashion Designer/Industry Mogul Career and a Serial Entrepreneur Career--Business/Retail/Finance/Real Estate. Can own and operate every type of lot and business, plus create multipurpose businesses. The introduction of apparel construction/design, style management, new craftables (ie. Jewelry making, millinery (hats) crafting, apparel/accessories, haute couture, premium objects ...), new inventions, captivating collectibles etc etc. Endless gameplay with these two careers. I will not be satisfied with the Sims 4 installment if these are not incorporated. Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 1 were flipping awesome because they incorporated the above elements in a endless gameplay manner. Sims 4 is lacking ENDLESS GAMEPLAY!

Yes!!
    [[Re: I would love to see more crafting objects
    Simtarris22
    July 2017
    The ART OF CRAFTING

Yes, I totally agree!!! Sims NEEDS MORE crafts!!! Arts & Crafts are able to open up endless gameplay. If we take a walk down memory lane (I love memory lane ( :-) ), we can reflect on all the crafts that have been introduced into the Sims Series which provided detailed and interactive gameplay. Crafting brought a hint of realism to the game by mirroring how we use crafts in everyday life. Crafts in the Sims produced great objects whether interactive or decor--all added more value to the game. Careers/Professions are built from the foundations of crafts, in my opinion. Crafting increases productivity, improves the psyche, and stimulates prosperity. We all use crafts in life! Lol

It seems that arts and crafts added gameplay details that greatly impacted the Sim's Intelligence, players' gaming style(s), and the depths of simulation gameplay.

I would like to see more arts &crafts introduced as/with careers/professions. Fashion Designer/Stylist and Cosmetologist should be introduced to add the dynamics in total individualism and necessity. Omg, the depths!

References that added many craftables and personal management:

The Sims: Superstar, The Sims Makin Magic

The Sims: Urbz; The Sims 2: Open for Business The BEST), Freetime (The BEST), H&M Fashion Stuff Pack, Seasons, University, Bon Voyage,

The Sims 3: World Adventures, Ambitions (The BEST) , Fast Lane Stuff Pack, Showtime, Pets, Seasons, Generations, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into the Future, Sims 3 Store Premium Content; The Sims 4: Get to Work.

Wow!]]

Yes, I 100% agree with all of this!
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    I agree with what you said about the singers! I love that they added it as a skill but I hate that it's only good for Karaoke. I want them to be able to apply it to their careers. I love all your suggestions! I love the Geologist one you suggested! I also think the therapist/psychologist career would tie in very well with the new traits!

Exactly! I think that with all the entertainment careers. I wish there were a concert/comedy club venue to be able to show musicians, singers, and comedians doing their thing on stage. Our other sims can decide whether they want to go to the comedy club and watch a show or if they want to see their favorite artist performing at the concert venue (whether its at a park or in a building).

I also like how someone suggested a nutritionist career! That would be nice to have :)

Yes! I know entertainers show up every now and then for some of the venues but I would love for a concert/comedy club venue like you mentioned where sims can buy tickets to go see their show! A park would be fine too if they add music festivals!!
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Dracon wrote: »
    Maybe a Pediatrician for when a child gets sick, because this orange juice dilemma really does not cut it.

I agree with this! Orange juice just isn't enough lol. I love the doctor career but I want more careers so I wouldn't mind a pediatrician career as well.

I liked having the doctor career as an active career but I hate that we can't take the sims who aren't doctors to the hospital. I want the hospital to be accessible for other sims other than the employees or parents (for pregnancies). Idk, I feel like it is always so happy and cookie-cutter. We need more danger, like the 9-1-1 branch that someone mentioned, with cops, ambulances, and burglars. I wrote a post saying that I wanted a skateboarding pack that included injuries like broken ankle/leg/arm/wrist so that we have an excuse to send sims to the hospital LOL. They'd come out with a cast, crutches, or wheelchair that last for about 3-4 days. They can go back to the hospital for physical therapy or confirmation to remove the cast. Or even just going to the doctor for their illnesses and regular check ups. :| Students can miss school for their doctor appointments and doctors and parents have to sign and send a letter for the teachers to excuse the absence.

Speaking of school, we are also missing an education career for teachers/professors! Teens could get a tutoring job in the school or local library!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 77 Member
    Amusement park operated/owner/Manager!!!! Sims need more fun venues, craftables, in depth build mode objects, opportunity to own and operate any Amusement Lot.....gosh....Why does this game lack all the really fun and endless gameplay!!!!!!!!
  • Simtarris22Simtarris22 Posts: 77 Member
    [quote="misschristine14;c-16271697"][quote="Simtarris22;c-16259713"]
    [[Re: I would love to see more crafting objects
    Simtarris22
    July 2017
    [b]The ART OF CRAFTING[/b]

Yes, I totally agree!!! Sims NEEDS MORE crafts!!! Arts & Crafts are able to open up endless gameplay. If we take a walk down memory lane (I love memory lane ( :-) ), we can reflect on all the crafts that have been introduced into the Sims Series which provided detailed and interactive gameplay. Crafting brought a hint of realism to the game by mirroring how we use crafts in everyday life. Crafts in the Sims produced great objects whether interactive or decor--all added more value to the game. Careers/Professions are built from the foundations of crafts, in my opinion. Crafting increases productivity, improves the psyche, and stimulates prosperity. We all use crafts in life! Lol

It seems that arts and crafts added gameplay details that greatly impacted the Sim's Intelligence, players' gaming style(s), and the depths of simulation gameplay.

I would like to see more arts &crafts introduced as/with careers/professions. Fashion Designer/Stylist and Cosmetologist should be introduced to add the dynamics in total individualism and necessity. Omg, the depths!

References that added many craftables and personal management:

The Sims: Superstar, The Sims Makin Magic

The Sims: Urbz; The Sims 2: Open for Business The BEST), Freetime (The BEST), H&M Fashion Stuff Pack, Seasons, University, Bon Voyage,

The Sims 3: World Adventures, Ambitions (The BEST) , Fast Lane Stuff Pack, Showtime, Pets, Seasons, Generations, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into the Future, Sims 3 Store Premium Content; The Sims 4: Get to Work.

Wow!]][/quote]

Yes, I 100% agree with all of this![/quote]

Thank you!!! I just want us all to have in depth, endless gameplay!!!!! #NeededBad
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    YES to all of them. We really do need more careers.
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Please make this happen!
  • BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    Oh I absolutely NEED a lawyer career.
    I'd also LOVE to have military, professor or/and historian, adventurer and/or archaeologist, therapist, paranormal hunter, actor and fashion model careers :D
    Maybe also ballet dancers, figure skaters, poets, opera singers and theater actors if they came with skills.
  • BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    > @Balti said:
    >
    > Oh I absolutely NEED a lawyer career.
    > I'd also LOVE to have military, professor or/and historian, adventurer and/or archaeologist, therapist, paranormal hunter, actor and fashion model careers :D
    > Maybe also ballet dancers, figure skaters, poets, opera singers and theater actors if they came with skills.

I forgot about a fortune teller career that would be included in either a warewolf gp or a witch/carnival gp :)
  • simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    I know this thread is old, but a nameable career would be great. Just as you name your sim. It would be great if there was a simplistic unnamed career where you name your career field, and job title.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I think you covered everything I want back in career wise. Right now I have way too many people in the athletic career track. It's ridiculous when someone gets a promotion and they all go out for drinks; there's like 9 or 10 of them.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    @Netzspannung Your ideas are marvelous! I want to also add that the "fashion career" should have the two options of being either a Stylish or a Model.

The MODEL career will be an instant hit and imagine the sales for an EP or SP with it.

- Timed challenges for changing clothing like real life models who have to work against pressed time and outfit changes.
    - Social challenges like schmoozing with some editor, photographer or musician to gain more celebrity.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    > @misschristine14 said:
    > What new careers do you want to see in the Sims 4?
    >
    > The careers I want to see are:
    > - Military
    > - Teacher / Professor
    > - Media Production (Videographer, Photographer, Video Editor, Radio Host, TV Host, etc)
    > - Movie Director / Actor / Actress / Producer
    > - Architect / Engineer
    > - Lawyer
    > - Airline Pilot / Flight Attendants
    > - Stylist (Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, etc)
    > - Therapist / Counselor / Psychologist
    > - Oceanographer / Scuba Diver / Lifeguard
    > - Adventurer
    > - Paranormal (Vampire Hunter, Witch Hunter, etc - maybe their goal can be to cure the supernatural and turn them back into humans?)
    > - Firefighter
    >
    > I know some of them were in the previous games but these are some of the careers I would like to see come back or just see included in some of the future expansions for Sims 4. What careers do you want to see?

Those are some amazing ideas already! Some of my favourite suggestions made there are Teacher, Lawyer and Engineer. I would also like to add;

Dentist.
    Optician.
    Tattooist and Piercer.
    Pet Groomer.
    Pet sitting for a part-time job (I'd like the option for Sims to be able to walk multiple pets at once. Otherwise, I find it very time consuming.)
    Lifeguard.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    There are mods for most of these. Neia has Education Career and Law Career. The is a Fashion career too by brittpinksims. There are more I'll have to look them up. I got bored with the lack of career chooices for my Sims
  • starjesterstarjester Posts: 2 New Member
    Professional musician, please?
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    I totally love the acting career and the stylist career!
  • ClaireneylonClaireneylon Posts: 12 New Member
    i am able to make these careers as rabbithole careers. ive currently got a fashion/model career waiting to be posted on MODTHESIMS and an interior design career already live. My name on that is DiamondVixen96. I was looking for suggestions and these are great, i might start with a supernatural next!
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    MINEZ wrote: »
    There are mods for most of these. Neia has Education Career and Law Career. The is a Fashion career too by brittpinksims. There are more I'll have to look them up. I got bored with the lack of career chooices for my Sims

A lot of people, like myself, prefer to keep their game vanilla and not play with mods, so these are things we would like to see come back in an official capacity. Most people, I believe, are aware that there are a plethora of mods out there to make the game what we want, but not everyone feels comfortable enough with adding mods into their game.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    i would have thought we would of had more new active careers by now.
    the sims 3 had about 10 by now :o

we need
    part time
    self employed
    home business

more types of retail
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Teachers and professors,
    modeling and clothes design, Tailor
    Flower shop, arranging, and nursery
    Jewelry shop and jewelry making
    Pottery shop and pottery making
    Cemeteries, custodians, and mausoleums
    Hair dresser and stylists
    Bands with singers
    Clowns, jugglers, and mimes for hire
    Carnivals and game tents
    Toy makers and toy store shops

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SE08SE08 Posts: 26 Member
    Oceanographer would be fantastic, especially if it's included in an island paradise-styled expansion pack
    _natalie wrote: »
    > @misschristine14 said:
    > What new careers do you want to see in the Sims 4?
    >
    > The careers I want to see are:
    > - Military
    > - Teacher / Professor
    > - Media Production (Videographer, Photographer, Video Editor, Radio Host, TV Host, etc)
    > - Movie Director / Actor / Actress / Producer
    > - Architect / Engineer
    > - Lawyer
    > - Airline Pilot / Flight Attendants
    > - Stylist (Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, etc)
    > - Therapist / Counselor / Psychologist
    > - Oceanographer / Scuba Diver / Lifeguard
    > - Adventurer
    > - Paranormal (Vampire Hunter, Witch Hunter, etc - maybe their goal can be to cure the supernatural and turn them back into humans?)
    > - Firefighter
    >
    > I know some of them were in the previous games but these are some of the careers I would like to see come back or just see included in some of the future expansions for Sims 4. What careers do you want to see?

Those are some amazing ideas already! Some of my favourite suggestions made there are Teacher, Lawyer and Engineer. I would also like to add;

Dentist.
    Optician.
    Tattooist and Piercer.
    Pet Groomer.
    Pet sitting for a part-time job (I'd like the option for Sims to be able to walk multiple pets at once. Otherwise, I find it very time consuming.)
    Lifeguard.

I would absolutely love the Dentist career or a pet groomer career now that we have pets!
    How does everyone feel about how they incorporated archaeology into the new Sims 4 Jungle Adventure game pack? I don't mind that they receive artifacts in the mail to make money but I was hoping they would have added archaeology as a career that sims can choose from the career list. I think I just prefer when sims have a steady work schedule but let me know your thoughts. I was hoping it would be something similar to the painter career where you can make money selling your paintings but still have a job to go to throughout the week with goals you can complete at home. In the future, I'm hoping they would just add new careers to the career list they already have instead of making good career ideas seem more like hobbies. This is just my opinion though! I still love what they did with Jungle Adventure <3