Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you kind of want but know are probably bad ideas that no one else wants ;-P

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I'd love to have *old* old people - with pronounced wrinkles, canes, walkers. They could get more cranky and cantankerous. Maybe they have to go to the hospital and have the medical staff fuss over them. Or they could have dementia and walk around forgetting what they were about to do. Sort of like the "absent-minded" trait in the Sims 3 but more pronounced. Yes I know most people wouldn't want that, but that's what this thread is about, right? :wink:

I would like this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like superhero/superpower gameplay (something I never thought about till it was in a survey!).

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    There's a lot of ideas on how to improve the family tree, but one the feature I'd like to see is creating Sims just for sake of the family tree. It wouldn't have to be very expanded, let's say one generation back. It's just sometimes weird for me starting with a single Sim that has no trace of the past. It'd be nice to have that little detail without killing cheats etc.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    There's a lot of ideas on how to improve the family tree, but one the feature I'd like to see is creating Sims just for sake of the family tree. It wouldn't have to be very expanded, let's say one generation back. It's just sometimes weird for me starting with a single Sim that has no trace of the past. It'd be nice to have that little detail without killing cheats etc.
    @MissNightOwl
    If you make two sims then play with genetics your sim will have blank parent spots in the family tree. You can delete the sims you used to play with genetics and change your sim around and it should still hang around. At least this worked for me in august last year, I also think it is weird how new sims have no ancestry and was looking for a way to get some. :)
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Passwords for computers. I'm tired of random sims using my sim's computers. You invite a sim over and the first thing they do is use your computer.

Or drink 10,002 water glasses then set them all over your house.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Sims should be able to get soda and apple juice from the fridge.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    @MissNightOwl
    If you make two sims then play with genetics your sim will have blank parent spots in the family tree. You can delete the sims you used to play with genetics and change your sim around and it should still hang around. At least this worked for me in august last year, I also think it is weird how new sims have no ancestry and was looking for a way to get some. :)

@BeJaWa Oh, but do you need to place created Sims in the world? Because I know it works that way, I've done it myself :) To be exact, I've killed my ancestors to delete them... I'd rather have something like the option in the family tree itself, though. Something like, let's say, the option 'Create parents' when click on your Sim's portrait in the family tree. Then it brings you to 'semi-CAS' mode where you can create two Sims, maybe even in just one outfit for the portrait. After that, the game would show them in the genealogy, but they won't be anywhere in the world, so there would be no need for deleting them etc.

Thank you for sharing your idea for workaround anyway!
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    @MissNightOwl

@BeJaWa Oh, but do you need to place created Sims in the world? Because I know it works that way, I've done it myself :) To be exact, I've killed my ancestors to delete them... I'd rather have something like the option in the family tree itself, though. Something like, let's say, the option 'Create parents' when click on your Sim's portrait in the family tree. Then it brings you to 'semi-CAS' mode where you can create two Sims, maybe even in just one outfit for the portrait. After that, the game would show them in the genealogy, but they won't be anywhere in the world, so there would be no need for deleting them etc.

Thank you for sharing your idea for workaround anyway!

I wasn't needing to place them. I could delete them before I finished the family in CaS. I don't have time today to open up my game and test stuff, but I'll try to test it again. If I get it to work I'll show you in PM alright :)
  • MezinkaMezinka Posts: 111 Member

Why do I vaguely remember being able to take a "cold one" from the cooler in Outdoor Retreat?
    double_facepalm.jpg
    Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
    Mezinka wrote: »

Why do I vaguely remember being able to take a "cold one" from the cooler in Outdoor Retreat?

*looks at Juice, Milk, and Water options on O.R. cooler* O-O I 'unno. *shrug*
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'd like for extended relatives to automatically know each other. Now that the family tree in my current save is getting bigger, it's odd to me when people don't know their nieces, nephews, cousins, in-laws etc. I like having family gatherings for birthdays and weddings and it makes it difficult when nobody knows each other.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

That was in the sims 3. You could get a "cold one" from the mini fridge that came with University Life.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

That was in the sims 3. You could get a "cold one" from the mini fridge that came with University Life.

The fact that they took that out makes me want a "cold one.'
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    edited April 2018
    Something I really want somehow is life insurance. Like for example you play the black widow challenge - wouldn't it be really cool if you could marry a rich sim whom had a life insurance? I mean you could kill him and then just cash that money and so on. The cops could even get suspicious and you would have to lay low for a while... And more deaths! Funerals, mortician (maybe even as an active one) as a job, graveyards, the ghost job thingy in TS3 - supernatural beings we never had before (orcs, centaur, Harpy just to name a few).

Secret crushes that will only be that - a crush - maybe teens have a crush on a teacher! They could secretly talk during class with their best friends about how handsome or beautiful the teacher looks (maybe a +2 happy buff 'Secret crush' if they are not caught talking and a +2 embarrassed one if the teacher heard it).

One sided romances! Its not realistic if every romance is wanted from both sides. Sometimes you love someone and they just don't see you in that way.

And for the love of god - make me be able to deactivate the mobiles! Give me back the good old ones I could hang on the wall! Really miss that...

owww.... This thread reminds me of so much I can't have because I'm likely the only one wanting that stuff.

Edit: Got another one! Traveling fees. Like if you travel from Newcrest (your home) to the gym in Willow Creek you had to pay 50 bucks for traveling fees. Oh and fees to use the gym and other community lots with activity's (except parks)
    edited April 2018
    Edit: Got another one! Traveling fees. Like if you travel from Newcrest (your home) to the gym in Willow Creek you had to pay 50 bucks for traveling fees. Oh and fees to use the gym and other community lots with activity's (except parks)

What---public transportation isn't free where you live? O:

XD
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member

What---public transportation isn't free where you live? O:

XD

Hah! I wish XD
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Someone else mentioned it, and now I really, really want strollers in the game. I think it would be so cute to take babies and toddlers out in strollers :D
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'd like to see more traits. Not just basic traits though. Kind of like phases, but we can choose them.

That way we could choose if our teen was a rebellious, school skipping, vandalizer. Or maybe they're a good two shoes and do everything perfect. It's a trait that would only last for that age stage, like while they're a child, teen, and even elders. Is old Mr. Potts cranky and mean or does he like to invite the kids over to play Voidcritters? It'd be nice because people do act differently in different parts of life.
  • Elle_95Elle_95 Posts: 3 New Member
    I’d like to see the burglers back!!

Ah! Thank you refreshing my memory... All in faded days.
    double_facepalm.jpg
    K4sies wrote: »
    Something I really want somehow is life insurance. Like for example you play the black widow challenge - wouldn't it be really cool if you could marry a rich sim whom had a life insurance? I mean you could kill him and then just cash that money and so on. The cops could even get suspicious and you would have to lay low for a while... And more deaths! Funerals, mortician (maybe even as an active one) as a job, graveyards, the ghost job thingy in TS3 - supernatural beings we never had before (orcs, centaur, Harpy just to name a few).

Secret crushes that will only be that - a crush - maybe teens have a crush on a teacher! They could secretly talk during class with their best friends about how handsome or beautiful the teacher looks (maybe a +2 happy buff 'Secret crush' if they are not caught talking and a +2 embarrassed one if the teacher heard it).

One sided romances! Its not realistic if every romance is wanted from both sides. Sometimes you love someone and they just don't see you in that way.

And for the love of god - make me be able to deactivate the mobiles! Give me back the good old ones I could hang on the wall! Really miss that...

owww.... This thread reminds me of so much I can't have because I'm likely the only one wanting that stuff.

Sims 2 had inheritance when your elder sim died. The amount depended on their aspiration level, relationship with family/friends. Good times.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Inheritance
    double_facepalm.jpg
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Sims 2 style memories. I really miss those.
  • MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    I know they want to keep there t rating but why not just add an 18+ expansion pack that way if people don't want it they don't have it but for people that want more realistic they can have it.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Mine are a little more cruel lol, for sake of a storyplay I wanted my sim to be able to lose her child (she was pregnant) but I dont think its possible in any of the games without a mod. Things that people play to escape from in the sims is what i want in it.

I agree though it may sound cruel. I haven't seen a miscarriage mod that would randomly cause the sim to no longer be pregnant, Ones to terminate a pregnancy but that really isn't the same thing
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would really like demons and angels as playable supernaturals. I highly doubt it would happen though. I wrote a comic based on a couple of demons who come to Earth to trick people. I play them as sims in my game now, but alas they are just human. ^^

Demons and angels would be fun to see. I think there are some mods out there that might let you do that.

I would love werewolves, actual Ghostbusters, hunters of the occult and supernatural (like Sam and Dean from Supernatural), majik users like John Constantine and Doctor Strange, Wizards like Tim Hunter from which Harry Potter was allegedly stolen from (Don't get me wrong I love Harry Potter but I love Tim Hunter from Books of Magic even more from his adventures in the Land of Faeries to fighting demons from which they came and he came out BEFORE Harry Potter. I would also love to see something like Ghost Rider.

Tim Hunter
    CtgIy5E.jpg

Harry Potter
    ow865b2.jpg
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]