Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Mods: Cats and Dogs/Nov. 2017

1333435363739...Next

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @simsluvr90 try deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder. It is a cache for animations and sometimes deleting it does the trick. The game automatically generates a new one.
  • stargirlvampirestargirlvampire Posts: 7 New Member
    found some broken mods

* Staticsims/petalsims all 12 zodiac traits don't show up
    I removed them and found a better mod on mod the sims which
    gives you zodiac traits as reward traits which is updated and works for pets and jungle adventures
    this mod is called "zodiac traits"
    * Mama's Banshee trait doesn't show up
    * Mama's Witch trait doesn't show up
    * Aaronj3 The siren trait reloaded doesn't show up
    * Batman101 Occult Life State: Succubus is broken, the maker is trying to fix it.
    * Staarchild goth trait

possible broken but I'm not sure:
    *Icemunmun vampireheart tree
    *Icemunmun vampire edible hearts
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited March 2018
    found some broken mods

* Staticsims/petalsims all 12 zodiac traits don't show up
    I removed them and found a better mod on mod the sims which
    gives you zodiac traits as reward traits which is updated and works for pets and jungle adventures
    this mod is called "zodiac traits"
    * Mama's Banshee trait doesn't show up
    * Mama's Witch trait doesn't show up
    * Aaronj3 The siren trait reloaded doesn't show up
    * Batman101 Occult Life State: Succubus is broken, the maker is trying to fix it.
    * Staarchild goth trait

possible broken but I'm not sure:
    *Icemunmun vampireheart tree
    *Icemunmun vampire edible hearts

You might check the newest thread of @luthienrising regarding the Jungle Adventure GP:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935494/broken-mods-jungle-adventure-feb-2018#latest

This thread deals with the Cats and Dogs EP mod issues and so it seems to be a bit outdated.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • zezeniazezenia Posts: 2 New Member
    after cat and dogs these cc won't work for me anymore :disappointed:
    they are like over 400+

"
    "
    DISL_BaggyTrousers_Cargo .... etc 12 DISL downloads
    LeahLillith 13 hair didn't work :(
    MFS or miss fortune creations :( like 210 cc
    SIMSIMI F BRAND JERSEY , and SIMSIMI too -my heart hurts now-
    SL-starlord creations too :(

i tried looking for the creators updates but i found nothing anyone can help me please ? :(
    @zezenia What do you mean they won't work?

Are they not showing up in your game? Make sure you have CC enabled in the Game Options.

Do they look weird? Have you tried running the batch fixes from Sims 4 Studio for CC. Sims 4 Studio is a free program that all CC is made with so it's safe. You will need to register with the site to download it but it's free. http://sims4studio.com/
    Once you have installed the program, on the main page there is an option for tools, hover over that and you will see an option for batch fixes, then CAS, then try the following fixes: Update CAS CC Pets Patch and Fix Cats & Dogs Patch Glass Hair
  • zezeniazezenia Posts: 2 New Member
    @Bananas_45 thank you so much !
    now they are in my game and working :smiley:

it appeared that i removed the CC enable mark .. haha
    It's good to hear that you fixed it @zezenia!
  • baconluv6baconluv6 Posts: 7 New Member
    I have some broken cc im pretty sure mainly beds (i haven’t checked any other cc yet), since they disappear once i put them down on build mode. I updated sims 4 studio to the most recent version (3.1.1.5), opened it, went into tools but there is no batch fixes option at all. Is there any other way i can fix my bed cc and possibly other cc?

Thanks
    baconluv6 wrote: »
    I have some broken cc im pretty sure mainly beds (i haven’t checked any other cc yet), since they disappear once i put them down on build mode. I updated sims 4 studio to the most recent version (3.1.1.5), opened it, went into tools but there is no batch fixes option at all. Is there any other way i can fix my bed cc and possibly other cc?

Thanks

When you click on tools (click don't hover) do you get a drop down menu? Batch fixes is the second from the bottom, then you click on objects, then Fix objects for cats and dogs patch

This is the only way to fix the CC. Sims 4 Studio is the program all CC is made with.
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    >
    > When you click on tools (click don't hover) do you get a drop down menu? Batch fixes is the second from the bottom, then you click on objects, then Fix objects for cats and dogs patch
    >
    > This is the only way to fix the CC. Sims 4 Studio is the program all CC is made with.

I clicked on tools on the main menu of Sims 4 Studio (which seems to be the same result as hovering over it as well) and the following drop down menu shows:
    Exact Tuning...
    Game File Cruiser
    String Table Lookup
    Hash Generator
    Color Palette
    Create Empty Package
    Clear Thumbnail Cache
    Modding (which shows another drop down menu, but no batch fixes nor fix objects for cats and dogs patch)

I sorta remember the fix objects for cats and dogs patch being there earlier, so it may have to do with the new patch?
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    >
    > When you click on tools (click don't hover) do you get a drop down menu? Batch fixes is the second from the bottom, then you click on objects, then Fix objects for cats and dogs patch
    >
    > This is the only way to fix the CC. Sims 4 Studio is the program all CC is made with.

I clicked on tools on the main menu of Sims 4 Studio (which seems to be the same result as hovering over it as well) and the following drop down menu shows:
    Exact Tuning...
    Game File Cruiser
    String Table Lookup
    Hash Generator
    Color Palette
    Create Empty Package
    Clear Thumbnail Cache
    Modding (which shows another drop down menu, but no batch fixes nor fix objects for cats and dogs patch)

I sorta remember the fix objects for cats and dogs patch being there earlier, so it may have to do with the new patch?

Okay, I see the problem now. Version 3.1.1.5 has a brand new category. Next to Tools you should see Content Management. The batch fixes are now there. (I was still running 3.1.1.4. so sorry.)
    Thank you @Bananas_45 !
    I haven’t updated Sims 4 Studio in ages so I appreciate you helping me even though the option was right next to where I was looking lololol. Finally my cc and objects work! :))))
    Thank you @Bananas_45 !
    I haven’t updated Sims 4 Studio in ages so I appreciate you helping me even though the option was right next to where I was looking lololol. Finally my cc and objects work! :))))

Happy to help! I'm glad this happened because I told a couple of people yesterday to look under tools. Now I know better. >.<
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited April 2018
    Looks like the CC Wrench Icon Hider mod (http://sims4studio.com/post/89027) broke because of the 1.42.30 patch from Tuesday 2018/04/17.

Causes distortion of CAS swatches and other icons like those in game options and the hh management.
    It's only an optical glitch, so everythiing still works (if you know where to click) but it looks weird.

It's not the first time that mod broke during game patching, so I expect an update within the next days/weeks. But this is also an indicator that something was changed in CAS coding, so be aware of other broken (CAS) mods.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • meadowraynemeadowrayne Posts: 38 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Looks like the CC Wrench Icon Hider mod (http://sims4studio.com/post/89027) broke because of the 1.42.30 patch from Tuesday 2018/04/17.

Causes distortion of CAS swatches and other icons like those in game options and the hh management.
    It's only an optical glitch, so everythiing still works (if you know where to click) but it looks weird.

It's not the first time that mod broke during game patching, so I expect an update within the next days/weeks. But this is also an indicator that something was changed in CAS coding, so be aware of other broken (CAS) mods.

I don't have that mod and none of my cc is working:(
    I can't even load the game
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited April 2018
    Bonxie wrote: »

I don't have that mod and none of my cc is working:(
    I can't even load the game

Hello @meadowrayne
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps you to be able to load the game. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    As much as I'm looking forward to Seasons, I'm afraid it will break a lot of CC and Mods.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    As much as I'm looking forward to Seasons, I'm afraid it will break a lot of CC and Mods.

Absolutely. Anything that changes so much of the game and add so much will do that. We see it with every EP. Being prepared for that is just part of being a CC/mod user.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    @AnnieDepressant I think full cc beds are broken too, I can’t put down any cc beds that I have? I’m so sad
    Batch-fix them in the newest Sims 4 Studio.
    Does the No romance rejection mod still work?
    I'm seeing that reported on the mod's page. I'll add it to Broken.
    When I click "Find a Job" on phone or computer it doesn't work, and my sims can't go to work, is this a thing with the update or mods, help?
    Most career mods are broken (see the first post); Neia's have been updated. If you have career mods, pull them out. They are the most likely cause. There may be others. Start with the first-page reports, but remember that not every broken thing has been reported here.
    fewlines wrote: »
    "Lot Trait Outfits" by endermbind isn't working anymore, right?
    Have you checked that without any other mods installed? I'm not seeing it reported as broken on the mod page.
    Trimoth wrote: »
    I've updated my bipolar trait mod so please add to fixed ; http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=590398
    Hi guys! I've also updated my Sarcastic trait :p
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=586853
    Awsome!

Broken
    • No Romantic Rejection (novalpangestik)

Updated

I update no romantic rejection with season EP and improve more interaction never rejected and same sex using romantic interaction never rejected again :blush:
    http://modthesims.info/d/594104
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • wapandawapanda Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I tried to skim the entire thread but may have missed something in the 39 pages of comments so apologies if this is repeating something that's already been address and if it is, please link me to the solution.

My Sims 4 game would randomly close itself while I am in Create a Sim mode. I suspect that it is because of corrupted CC or a broken MOD, but have not been able to detect which one exactly.

I am quite new to this but I have tried going through my recently added mods/cc and what not to see if I can troubleshoot myself but I was unsuccessful.

If anyone can help me or provide me with some guidance or advice that would be extremely helpful. Thank you so much x
    wapanda wrote: »
    Hi I tried to skim the entire thread but may have missed something in the 39 pages of comments so apologies if this is repeating something that's already been address and if it is, please link me to the solution.

My Sims 4 game would randomly close itself while I am in Create a Sim mode. I suspect that it is because of corrupted CC or a broken MOD, but have not been able to detect which one exactly.

I am quite new to this but I have tried going through my recently added mods/cc and what not to see if I can troubleshoot myself but I was unsuccessful.

If anyone can help me or provide me with some guidance or advice that would be extremely helpful. Thank you so much x

All the reported updated mods/CC etc. are reported on page 1 of this thread (it's regularly updated). Start there. If you've pulled out things that are reported broken but not updated, and you've replaced updated things, and you *still* have a problem, then the problem is something that nobody reported here yet. Pull out the rest of your mods & CC and see if that fixes it. After that, you can gradually put it back in to figure out the culprit(s).
  • wapandawapanda Posts: 2 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > wapanda wrote: »
    >
    > Hi I tried to skim the entire thread but may have missed something in the 39 pages of comments so apologies if this is repeating something that's already been address and if it is, please link me to the solution.
    >
    > My Sims 4 game would randomly close itself while I am in Create a Sim mode. I suspect that it is because of corrupted CC or a broken MOD, but have not been able to detect which one exactly.
    >
    > I am quite new to this but I have tried going through my recently added mods/cc and what not to see if I can troubleshoot myself but I was unsuccessful.
    >
    > If anyone can help me or provide me with some guidance or advice that would be extremely helpful. Thank you so much x
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > All the reported updated mods/CC etc. are reported on page 1 of this thread (it's regularly updated). Start there. If you've pulled out things that are reported broken but not updated, and you've replaced updated things, and you *still* have a problem, then the problem is something that nobody reported here yet. Pull out the rest of your mods & CC and see if that fixes it. After that, you can gradually put it back in to figure out the culprit(s).

Thank you x
  • 6alliekids6alliekids Posts: 1 New Member
    Seems that whenever i click a link for S4S, or try to go to their website, it says "This site can’t be reached.
    sims4studio.com’s server IP address could not be found." and I'm trying to fix my CC beds and couches that disappear whenever i place them. Ive searched all over. Someone please help me, or tell me how to fix my CC! Thank you! <3
    6alliekids wrote: »
    Seems that whenever i click a link for S4S, or try to go to their website, it says "This site can’t be reached.
    sims4studio.com’s server IP address could not be found." and I'm trying to fix my CC beds and couches that disappear whenever i place them. Ive searched all over. Someone please help me, or tell me how to fix my CC! Thank you! <3

Not sure why it isn't working for you. Try using this link: http://sims4studio.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top