Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling paintings at Museum?

So I just took my Sim to the Museum to view some paintings and I had the option of selling the paintings on the wall of the museum for money. So I just went around to all the paintings and sold them so the Museum was pretty much cleaned out. I'm confused.. Will more paintings appear later? Why does it let me do this? My Sim has painting skill of 10 btw.

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    LOL I never tried that - it shouldn't be possible.
    Lemme try... brb
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It's probably a bug. Those were probably custom paintings that didn't have the sell option disabled. I'm not sure if any are appearing later, because I believe that the museum has a fixed layout, so you may have to fix that yourself.

Alternately your sim could be the greatest art thief in all of Simcity.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Sim1P3Sim1P3 Posts: 221 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It's probably a bug. Those were probably custom paintings that didn't have the sell option disabled. I'm not sure if any are appearing later, because I believe that the museum has a fixed layout, so you may have to fix that yourself.

Alternately your sim could be the greatest art thief in all of Simcity.

Literally feel like I just robbed the museum. One of the paintings was worth 10k so I'm not complaining
    Tried, can't do that in my game.
    Well... If you figure out how you've unlocked that option, do yell!
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Tried, can't do that in my game.
    Well... If you figure out how you've unlocked that option, do yell!

Does any of your sims have painting level of 10? My sim does and she's the one I'm using to "Sell for Cost" on the paintings in the Museum. Literally I can go into build mode place a bunch of paintings on the walls, and then sell them all.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I can't do that either
  • carby84carby84 Posts: 86 Member
    Hmmm! Interesting. One of my Sims has maxed out the painting skill and career, so I'll have to check this out next time I play.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    Nope. My sim can't do that.

Level10Painting.jpg

MasteroftheReal.jpg
    Origin ID: Barbara917
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    Nope. My sim can't do that.

Level10Painting.jpg

MasteroftheReal.jpg
    Thanks for sharing!! If I get around too posting a screenshot up , Ill show you guys what I mean.
    Here's the option in my game.. Anyone know why I have this option??

dnn4nl.jpg
  • DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    That is really cool! LOL Lucky you got to rob the museum blind. Haha!
    Sim1P3 wrote: »
    Here's the option in my game.. Anyone know why I have this option??
    I don't have it unless I put a pic from my sim's inventory on the wall.

• MonsterAutopsyMonsterAutopsy Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2015
    I too have this option at the Museum. I have a painting level of 10 and I'm at the top of the "Patron of the Arts" career path. Though it says I'm a curator at the Museum so perhaps that's why?
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Do you have any mods that may allow this to happen? I've never gotten the option.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    LOL.. I'm gonna have to try this :) Thanks @Sim1P3
  • Sativa44Sativa44 Posts: 2 New Member
    You can also hang ur own paintings in the museum, don't if if it does anything but that's what I been doing.