Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Since tomorrow may be busy for me, too, I'll also check in. I have all my gifts created and most of the pictures taken.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I'll go ahead and check in too. I have one gift completely ready to upload. I didn't get a chance to play-test and take pictures over the weekend (Zydeco and Taxes kept us busy here) so I am not quiet ready on the other but should have it finished this week.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'll check in now. I am done, pictures are taken, gift(s) is sitting quietly in the bin waiting for the big day.

Now I can get back to my current quilt
    40610874775_c9d77efbbd_c.jpg

26634185127_8ef6ffa0b5_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    That's a beautiful quilt @Kgaff.

ciane wrote: »
    I'll check in early too as Tuesdays are always busy days for me. I've been really busy and am working a fifth project now. :smiley:

@Ciane do you ever sleep? :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Jessabeans - Not much!

And @Kgaff - That is a truly awesome quilt!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Kgaff: Wow, that's a gorgeous quilt! I've never known they can be that beautiful. :)

I'm going to check in now as well. Gifts are mostly done, although I've started on another that I'd like to finish as well.
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Hi! I'm just dropping by to make a question...
    Is there the possibility of having another gifting exchange like this one in the future of this year?
    I'm asking because ever since I registered on the forums I've been wanting to be part of one of this, but life keeps getting in the way... it's really frustrating :confounded:
    Anyway, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, it's always a treat watch what everyone comes up with :smile:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Ziristha: We have them a couple of times a year. It mostly depends upon how busy things are for whoever runs it, and what ends up being convenient to them. Right now Addy has been running them, but at some point in the future someone else might take over if Addy decides she's too busy or tired of it. Other people have run them in the past, and have passed the baton when they just don't want to do it anymore.

Actually, anyone who wants to can run one at any time, but it would probably be polite to PM Addy about it first. Plus she can help the person out with ideas on how to run it, because running one without a plan or a schedule is not really a good idea. :)

I know what you mean, though. I saw these going on for more than a year, and they looked like so much fun, but the timing just wasn't right for me for the first few. The first one I was able to join in I was so excited! It's really fun to come up with surprises for someone else. (Although sometimes I wonder, "Will my buddy like this? Will he/she hate the colors/layout?" You just never know!)
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker thak you so much for your answer!
    I did believe that having a second exchange on the same year would depend on the person running them being busy and stuff, but I figured asking wouldn't hurt anyone, besides it helped me to break the ice to finally be able to at least leave a comment :tongue:
    For now I'll just hope for the best, if it's not this year then there's always next, I'll have my fingers crossed so nothing gets in the way!

By the way, I've seen your buildings in other threads and I love them! :blush:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Wow sounds like ya'll have been busy little worker bees here.

@MsPrissy88: I'm happy to hear that you won't be losing your hair at all; that's a bonus

@Morakai: I hope you are starting to feel a little bit better m'dear

@tanubanue: Lovely to see you pop in m'dear. I hope all is well with you!

I can't wait to see all of these goodies that ya'll are producing and take my wRECking ball to them :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Checking in! Three gifts completed, pictures taken! This is my first gift exchange and WHEW that was a lot of work!!! But it was a ton of fun and very rewarding! I've CASted more in the past couple weeks than I ever thought I would... And I am so very pleased with the results... I hope my buddy is too!!!

Ive been working on other things, but if I have time maybe I will do one more? Time will tell!
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Check in day already? How the time flies when having fun creating!

I have two big gifts done except for pictures. A third well on its way. And a fourth small one that is yet a glimmer in my eye. I hope to get to it, but we'll see if I have time. As always, I have more ideas than I have time to make!
  • Options
    @Kgaff Such a beautiful quilt with lovely colors. <3

@Ziristha Nice to see you here. Hope you can join in in the future. :)

Hi @aricarai Always good to see you, too. <3
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    I'm here, rl has been hectic, but I do have 2 maybe 3 gifts. I had to scrap one idea and I am just heading in game to work on a new idea. I am still debating on a few things but should begin picture taking on Thursday which is my day off.
  • Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    I'm checking in! I feel a little behind, I've got one gift and I'm working on a second. RL is taking a lot of time right now, but I will be finished in time!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Good Morning :)

Thank you to those who have already checked in. For those still needing to do so, please leave a comment as soon as possible. Will be sending a PM reminder.

As always, looking forward to seeing what y'all have come up with!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @Jessabeans That park is gorgeous! I really do love the beauty of spring, but I'm not a big fan of the volatile weather. This back and forth between 70s/80s and 30s is driving me nuts! Also, I'm down in the south, which is the land of pollen. Hello yellow dust coating everything! (My mom had a friend from up north who kept complaining about all the sawdust from the construction next door to her that kept getting all over her car...someone finally had to explain that no, it's not sawdust, just spring, lol)

@Kgaff Oooo, pretty! Love all the colors! My mother-in-law has gotten into quilting over the past couple of years...I now have a few lovely things she's made for me, like a Christmas table runner! Seems like it would be a fairly relaxing hobby!

@Ziristha Yes, there's usually a few throughout the year, and they're always a lot of fun...most of the stuff I've added to my game over the past couple of years has been borrowed from the exchanges. Glad to have you join us! You can keep me company lurking while waiting to snag everyone's shiny things! ;)

@MiaSkywalker Bummer about the stairs! It's so frustrating when the game messes with your muse like that! And it seems like such a silly obvious thing that they would have included, too!
  • Options
    @Bookworm742 Yeah, it took getting used to the pollen when I moved up from Florida. The seasonal allergies got to me the first few years. I know, I wish the weather would make up it's mind. Yesterday I took the little one to a splash pad during the day but slept under a second blanket with wool socks that night, it was right back up to the 80's again today here too.

@Ziristha Hi there, I hope you will be able to join in on a future exchange and I'm glad you stopped in to say hi.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hi everyone! Sorry I've been so quiet here but spring has sprung and I'm getting into outside mode. I mowed the lawn for the first time this year this week.

I love all the spring pictures and especially the cherry blossoms. We don't have those but we do have Red Bud and Cleveland Pear trees so we get a nice pink and white display.

I'm glad you all like the quilt. It's turning out better than I expected and one of my favorites so far. I might just have to keep this one for myself :)
  • Options
    @suzses
    Thank you so much! I too hope I can join next time :smile:

@Bookworm742
    Yeah, @ADWilson was actually kind enough to take her time to tell me a little bit more about a possible next gift exchange :smile: I think I have put some of the past gifts on my favorites too (and of course in my game :wink: ) so this time around it won't be an exception! mwahaha! (I feel like a villain :lol: )

@Jessabeans
    Thank you! I am really glad I stopped to say hi as well! you all seem to be so nice :blush: I can hardly wait to be part of the fun!

I'm also very excited to see what everyone got! hope everything it's going well for you all :blush:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    Wow, there's still almost a week to go before we can start handing out gifts. *Feels the urge to start bouncing up and down.*

And . . . someone needs to offer me a job before I drive myself or everyone else batty sitting around here with not enough to do. :* Haha. My boss retired recently, and I am suddenly out of work without a plan. I *really* do have enough to do. I just don't especially want to do what needs doing (like cleaning some neglected things around here).
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Uh oh, @suzses. What was your boss thinking, leaving you jobless? I hope you get some of the neglected cleaning done and find another job you like soon.

I'm taking pics and tweaking and retaking pics and tweaking some more.
  • Options
    Oh what a shame Suzses, I hope you are able to make good use of your interim time and find something else soon.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    HI GUYS!!!!!!! I have some awesome news for y'all !!!

BEFORE I SAW my cancer doctor, I had my usual labwork done. And by the time my dr (finally) came to see me --- to be fair, he *did* have a clinic he and other doctors were at, and it took forever --- I was a little anxious as to what he was going to tell me. Anyway ..... he said that -- drumroll -- MY LABS HAVE BEEN COMING BACK GOOD!!!! :#B)

I have one more treatment this month, then a week off -- well, more than a week, but i'm going by calendar dates -- and then (so far) one treatment next month! I was telling @Bookworm742 in a message, that I wish I could be a little camera. I would love to see my insides to see if the chemo was killing off the cancer cells. Especially in my neck where I had had the surgery done. I know! I'm weird.

But anyway .... I have been on "such a high", that I have been really engrossed with what I'm doing on my YouTube channel. SO engrossed, that I literally forgot that I was supposed to check in. (( *even though what i am giving YOU, my buddy, is small* ))

Sooooo.... Ms Addy - I think the 17th was supposed to be the check-in date. And it's now the 21st. Oooooops!! My bad. And per our private discussion, I *will* be ready to go on the date I had told you. Noooo - I didn't forget.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    I'm so glad all is going well and your labs are good @MsPrissy88.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top