Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Colors of Life (Legacy Challenge)

amandaneunamandaneun Posts: 107 Member
Here’s my legacy challenge that I’ve been working on for some time now! I tried not to make it toooo easy, but of course, what's difficult for me may not be difficult to you.

The idea is that each generation is given a color, and that specific color’s psychological meaning is meant to describe that specific heir’s story. I posted this on my Tumblr blog as well.

EXPANSION/GAME PACK REQUIREMENTS:
  • Sims 4 base game (obviously)
  • Sims 4: City Living
  • Sims 4: Parenthood
  • Sims 4: Cats and Dogs
  • Sims 4: Get To Work
  • Sims 4: Get Together

BASIC RULES:
  • No cheats allowed whatsoever, but please enable testingcheats and enter “money 0″ so that your sim will start completely broke.
  • You must start with a single sim. Do not create a spouse, children, etc. You may have a pet.
  • Each target sim (heir) must wear clothing that corresponds with the color of their generation. Hair and eye color may be normal.
  • Lifespan must be set to normal. Ages cannot be adjusted using any cheats, potions, rewards, etc.
  • You can begin playing generation two when the first generation’s heir has completed all their tasks, and so forth. Don’t start the next gen’s tasks until all previous tasks have been completed.
  • You win when you complete each of the generations’ tasks. You lose if any heir dies before their tasks get completed.

Generation One: BLUE (loyalty, faith, devotion and wisdom)
You were an orphan, the backstory of your parents unknown. Growing up, you lived in several different homes, but always ended up right back at the orphanage for some reason. You never had your forever family. Once you became a young adult, you were released from the system. With the funds you were given, you were able to get your own place, and decided that you would start a family of your own. You don't know how you'll stick to your goals, as your constant moving has resulted in issues of commitment. But one way or another, you're going going to have a family to love, and you're going to give them everything you never had.

traits: noncommittal, ambitious, insane
  • reach top of one of the following career paths: Interstellar smuggler (Astronaut) OR triple agent (Secret Agent)
  • have THREE babies with three different sims without dating, marrying or moving in with any of them (may date and marry after having all 3 kids but cannot be with any of the children's parents)
  • max friendships with each child
  • complete the following family aspiration: Big Happy Family (up to Loving Guardian milestone)
  • reach level 10 of the parenting skill
  • purchase home that allows each child to have their own room
  • create a playroom and purchase every single toddler/child toy to fill it

Generation Two: PURPLE (royalty, power and wealth)
You grew up completely spoiled by your parent. You were given everything that you wanted, always had the best of the best, were never told no, and rarely got disciplined for any bratty behavior. Your childhood was stellar, although as a young adult, its downsides have come to light. You've become accustomed to a lifestyle of riches and luxuries, and have a tendency of using material things to fill the void of your absent parent.

traits: materialistic, snob, lazy OR materialistic, snob, hot-headed

(special rule for this specific sim: CANNOT have a job. if other sims live in the household, they may work and this sim may “mooch” off of that sim’s income, but they cannot have an official job, ever. to earn money, they must do so by other means, such as selling personal possessions)
  • become enemies with absent parent
  • marry and move in with a rich sim
  • become enemies with spouse and later divorce/kick out
  • reach level 10 of the charisma skill
  • form and maintain 5 "good" friendships with wealthy sims (spouse not included)
  • only have ONE baby and maintain a "distant" relationship (acquaintances)
  • have ongoing affair without getting caught (optional, bonus: invite this sim to move in once impending divorce is finalized)
  • complete the fortune aspiration: Mansion Baron (optional)

Generation Three: BLACK (trouble, sin, fear and evil)
You didn't have much guidance growing up. Instead, you just had a parent who cared too much about material things, and very little about you. As a result, you did whatever you wanted, and often found yourself getting into lots of trouble. You've become a self-destructive sim, with a tendency of sabotaging everything for yourself. Your life is, sadly, a crisis.

traits: mean, kleptomaniac, unflirty
  • reach level 3 of two different careers, then reach top of the criminal career (boss path)
  • have 10 enemies, 2 must be their parents (bonus: try to make some of them so angry, they die)
  • befriend the grim reaper
  • marry and divorce two different sims, then re-marry first spouse
  • complete the following deviance aspiration: Chief of Mischief
  • completely change appearance/style every time they age up (optional)

Generation Four: GRAY (conservative, boring, drab)
Because your parent was a criminal, you had a reputation from the very beginning. You were ostracized as a child; many parents didn't allow you to interact with their children, in fear of having them be negatively influenced. As a result, you were quite lonely growing up. All of your relationships consisted of family and animals. You spent most of your free time playing video games or reading science-fiction books. You’ve never known anything else.

traits (choose 3 of the following): loner, dog lover, cat lover, geek, bookworm

(special rule for this specific sim: can’t have human friends outside of family)
  • complete the following animal aspiration: Friend of the Animals
  • reach at least level 8 of writing skill and publish a sci-fi book
  • reach level 10 of the logic and video gaming skill
  • become best friends with previous target sim (parent from gen 3), and "good friends" with at least 3 other family members (siblings, grandparents, cousins, aunts or uncles, etc)
  • complete one of the following collections (for decor): insects, fish, frogs
  • open a vet clinic and attain a 5 star rating (optional)

Generation Five: YELLOW (happiness, warmth, optimism)
You're the complete opposite of your parent. Rather than a dull lifestyle that only consists of family members and animals, or video games and books, you've always had a personality destined for much more than that. You love socializing, attending social events, and forming friendships with unexpected people. You radiate happiness at every given moment and truly believe that life is something special.

traits: outgoing, cheerful, dance machine

(special rules for this specific sim: cannot decline invites to social events OR invites to hang out, cannot reject any calls, cannot have any enemies)
  • complete the popularity aspiration (Party Animal)
  • reach level 10 of the charisma, comedy and dance skill
  • form and maintain 15 friendships at the "good friends" level
  • live in at least four different worlds
  • know all three traits of each sim living in a neighboring household
  • test the waters and have at least three different significant others

Generation Six: WHITE (purity, innocence, goodness and integrity)
Having a popular parent meant you were always surrounded and meeting new people growing up. Through the years, you've heard lots of stories— some sad, some inspiring, some touching. As a result, you became involved in activism for economic, social, and environmental justice issues. You're a good person, and you want to do good things during your time in the world.

traits: good, perfectionist, outgoing

(special rules for this specific sim: must live in san myshuno, must adopt actual children and NOT babies or toddlers although you’re welcome to have your sim try for babies as normal in addition to any adoptions)
  • reach top of the politician career (charity organizer branch)
  • marry the very first sim you develop a romantic relationship with
  • adopt two children OR adopt one child + one animal
  • raise one child to be responsible and one child to have good manners
  • protest a cause at least once a week until all other tasks are completed
  • donate to charity twice a week (no less than 100 simoleons per donation) until all other tasks are completed

Generation Seven: GREEN (comfort, laziness and relaxation)
Your parent was quite busy growing up. They didn't neglect you, but you saw for yourself how their lifestyle was so hectic, consisting of constant work and schedules and events— things you really didn't care for. Turns out, you’re the complete opposite of your parent. You love being in your house, you love a long nap, and all in all, you really enjoy lounging around and doing nothing. Your family worries about how you'll be able to sustain yourself, but you’re not worried at all. You know there are plenty of people like you. In fact, you're hoping you'll find one to be your happily ever after.

traits: lazy, glutton, music lover

(special rules for this specific sim: reject every invitation to social events, may only visit up to two community lots PER WEEK)
  • reach level 3 of six different careers
  • reach level 10 of one of the following instrumental skills: violin, piano, guitar
  • complete the "soulmate" love aspiration (bonus if spouse shares at least one mutual trait)
  • try at least 13 different dishes from food stalls in san myshuno
  • reach level 10 of the wellness skill (optional, requires spa day)
  • purchase the "professional slacker" and "independent" reward traits with satisfaction points

Generation Eight: ORANGE (creativity, success, enthusiasm)
Though you deny it, you have some similarities when it comes to your beloved parent. You're too lazy for household chores (hence the slob trait), and moreso, you absolutely love food. Cooking, eating, the mere smell of a cooking dish— you thrive off of it. But there is one particular difference between the two of you. They never knew what they wanted to do with their life. Being so lazy, they had no real passion and worked job after job in search of a good check. But you? You're not like that. You've got dreams, you've got passion. So, you've decided that you're going to thrust yourself into the world of culinary arts.

traits: foodie, slob, creative
  • learn all 27 foodstall recipes released with the city living expansion pack
  • reach level 10 of the cooking, baking, gardening and fishing skill
  • complete the master chef food aspiration
  • reach top of culinary career (chef branch)
  • have first baby AFTER reaching top of career and maxing at least 2 skills

Generation Nine: RED (energy, passion, desire, ambition)
You're raised by a career-driven parent who lives, breathes and sweats success. You're taught to do the same, so once you're of age, you plan to follow exactly in your parent's footsteps. You're going to be successful, perhaps even more well-rounded than anyone else in your family, and you're going to pass that dream on to any future offspring. You want success to be your family’s tradition.

traits: ambitious, perfectionist, self-assured
  • complete the "successful lineage" family aspiration (up to Trusted Mentor)
  • reach the top of an active career (detective, doctor, or scientist)
  • marry a sim with no mutual traits and decrease friendship level to "friends" after marriage
  • reach level 10 of at least five different skills
  • try for baby until you have twins (may use satisfaction points to purchase fertile reward but no cheats)

Generation 10: RAINBOW (playfulness, joy, energy)
Your parent may have been taught the importance of success, but all you were taught is that work comes before anything else, especially marriage. You don't like that, you don’t agree at all. You hate the idea of slaving away to a job, and you especially hate the idea of trapping yourself in an almost-loveless marriage. Rather than live like your parent or grandparent, you're going to do things completely different. Your life is all about fun and playing the field.

traits: childish, clumsy, noncommittal
  • complete the "serial romantic" love aspiration
  • reach level two of every single career offered in your game
  • win the ultimate gaming contest at the geekcon festival
  • visit the following secret lots: forgotten grotto (oasis springs) and sixam<br>
  • complete the postcards collection (using penpals)
  • reach level 10 of the DJ mixing and mixology skills
  • become the leader of a pre-existing club
  • become friends with at least one sim from every single household in every available world

So, there it is! I’m still testing this challenge and will update or adjust as needed, but I doubt I’ll need to make any changes. Of course if anyone has any suggestions, I'm happy to hear them!

Happy simming, everyone! If anyone decides to participate, please tag on Tumblr with ‘ts4 colors of life’ or post somewhere in the forum and tag me with my username (amandaneun), as I’d love to see!
“... and when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.”
― Ruskin Bond, Scenes from a Writer's Life

large.jpg

Comments

• ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    This is so unique! Love it! I think I'm totally going to try this out as my first challenge!
  • amandaneunamandaneun Posts: 107 Member
    This is so unique! Love it! I think I'm totally going to try this out as my first challenge!

Do keep me updated! And of course, have fun! I'm currently wrapping up Gen 3. :smiley:

large.jpg
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I have a question does the first generation get $0? Which that means that they would start on a lot that's empty but then you would take away the 20,000 they usually get when you create a family?
  • amandaneunamandaneun Posts: 107 Member
    I have a question does the first generation get $0? Which that means that they would start on a lot that's empty but then you would take away the 20,000 they usually get when you create a family?

You can go about it how you want! :smile: What I did was I purchased a lot for 2,000 simoleons and with the rest of the money, I bought a furnished lot from the gallery. With the few simoleons I had left, I used it to redecorate a bit, and then when I was done, I set the funds completely to 0. Hope that made sense!

large.jpg
  • leviohsaleviohsa Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey! I actually made my first youtube video the beginning of my journey with your legacy challenge! Of course I gave you full credit and linked this post. I'm super excited about it and I adore the idea. I can't wait to see how the generations turn out. :)
  • Social_EngineerSocial_Engineer Posts: 7 New Member
    This gives a whole new challenge to the legacy one, I love it!
  • Shortymel20Shortymel20 Posts: 1 New Member
    What do I do in first generation if my sim has twins??