Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death's Bride

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Okay. Just read the latest chapter and wow!
    Maximilian is fascinating! I'm not entirely convinced he's a bad guy and I'm not entirely convinced he's a good guy.

Also, those pics were wonderful. I loved the way you did that magic shot! That was super effective. The use of light and dark, and was there some mirroring in there?

I wonder if Maximilian's actions in this chapter are going to influence Myla's decision to join the witch? Hmm...
  • Options
    wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    That was sad :'( but I understand why he had to do what he did and it shows that Maximilian has some sympathy for others. I'm just not sure Myla will see it that way.
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    wow, this was intense :D
    I'm curious what Myla will do next.
  • Options
    LJFoxieLJFoxie Posts: 929 Member
    Well wow! He's the grey area alright! I get the feeling that there is so much more to him than meets the eye! Hopefully Myla can be the one who keeps him grounded and stops him from becoming completely heartless, because there sure is a heart somewhere under those robes! ;)
    pa5RIHV.jpg

• Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @Pamtastic72 @simscognito @wendelyne @candycottonchu @LJFoxie

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the great feedback from the latest chapter! I'm really happy everyone enjoyed it. :smiley:

• Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    I'll be starting chapter four next. I'm not sure when I'll get back to it, but I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I also really like that the chapters are short, I like short chapters. By the way, Myla means Merciful.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    peach1red wrote: »
    I'll be starting chapter four next. I'm not sure when I'll get back to it, but I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I also really like that the chapters are short, I like short chapters. By the way, Myla means Merciful.

Ah geez! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I do like going with shorter chapters, but some are longer than others. I guess whatever the story needs. Heh. Anyway, thanks for reaching out!

Merciful is a really good way to think of Myla. Thanks! I had originally found it under a different meaning, but merciful is fantastic.
  • Options
    Just curious what packs did you use for the things scene in chapter nine? I really liked that room! ^_^

• Options
    KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    I still can't get over how pretty Myla is!

And I'm not gonna lie, I was reading like "Who the heck would want to visit that guy???" lol!
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
  • Options
    I just finished reading it all so far, and I'm not saying he's evil, but he definitely seems to be a jerk.

• Options
    @TheYayToast I just remembered this cute story and wanted to know if you plan on updating still?
  • Options
    @Kvelvet and @peach1red Hi there and sorry for the massively late responses. Thank you both for your comments!

The furniture and decor used in the chamber were mostly from the Vampire set. The gold mirror in the background is from the Luxury and I think the plant in the vase may be from Get Together.

The idea of visiting a scary guy like Du Bois is not on the top of my list, but he is the governing agent for that area... so I guess there's not much of a choice but to visit your local spooky Lord. Hehe.

And I agree, Du Bois is a jerk. I like him anyway for some weird reason, but he's totally a jerk.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @TheYayToast I just remembered this cute story and wanted to know if you plan on updating still?

@candycottonchu Hiya... You asked a really hard question, CandyCotton. I've been asking myself the same question for a bit. It's been ages since I've done anything with DB. I backed off on working on it regularly because I wanted to focus on my prose writing. First, I entertained the notion of trying to become a part of the WattPad community to share my work, but then it changed to I just wanted to write a new novel. I ended up with probably 30K words of my new novel, but I haven't worked on it in about a month.

Edit: Edited to minimize whining.

I'm really feeling revitalized now that my life has gotten back to normal. So I've looked over at what I've been doing and wondering where I should go from here. The year of hosting for my WordPress just ran out, so I'm now paying for at least of a month of hosting to move it over to a free WordPress or decide if I want to just keep up the hosting. I dunno, but I don't play on permanently deleting the archive. Speaking of deleted though, I have lost the files for all the backdrops I've created for DB as well as some of the characters. I have Myla, Du Bois, and Jessica though. Mostly cause they constantly live in every single Sims world I create. So I'd be starting from scratch a bit, but I don't mind.

So the short answer is: There are a bunch of lame excuses as to why I haven't done anything with DB in the past few months. Will I continue on the story? I don't know. Sorry that I don't have an answer yet.

It does make me very happy to know though that people are still interested in my story. Thank you so much for reaching out! <3
    Post edited by TheYayToast on
  • Options
    @TheYayToast wow, you really had a turbulent time. I am glad that things worked out for you, still I am sorry because of your friend.
    Take your time to figure out what you really want, bud I'd be glad if you decide to continue this story! c:
  • Options
    @candycottonchu Thanks, CandyCotton! <3
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Hi, just binge read this story, it's great! Looks like I'm going to have to bookmark this one! Thank you for a very entertaining morning/afternoon :)
  • Options
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Hi, just binge read this story, it's great! Looks like I'm going to have to bookmark this one! Thank you for a very entertaining morning/afternoon :)

@Bloosmoo Thanks! I'm really glad to hear you've enjoyed it! <3