Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i started the hefners. well restarted i read the first post a while back .

it reminds me of the boxcar children a little. thats good i like that book.
    edited April 2018
    pizza girl will be happy. since every attempt of the benders is differnt i dropped rylan in game once the kids aged up. last time alana just liked him this time she really really likes him.
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Congratulations on your job! It's nice to find one that you like.
    I'm a bit confused about the schedule though.. I thought it's still @Piazzagirl1015 's week? x.x

@friendsfan367 Congratulations on starting next generation!

@Piazzagirl1015
    1) What do you think of the challenge aspect of this story? Would you attempt something similar?
    It's interesting! I admit I didn't really read everything about the challenge in detail, but I like how you always found new ways to fulfill the single-parent aspect. at least until Gen. 4 (I didn't read further so far) there have been no repetitions.
    I don't think I'd ever attempt to write after a challenge. I think I'd abandon the goals too fast and get carried away with my own ideas...
    2) What predictions do you have for future generations? What would you like to see?
    I'm still curious how many ways you can find for the single-parent thing without keeping it similar to each other.
    3) Who is your favorite character?
    I haven't finished Gen. 4 so far, but so far it's Wolfie. I liked his character development a lot. Hmm, and maybe Jareth Alto! I love how he rocks the mohawk still as an elder! xD And Zoe Duwood. I want to know her secret of how she gets all the man candy.
    4) What's your favorite generation thus far?
    I liked them all. But most maybe Gen. 3.
    5) Do you have a favorite scene or image? Or both?
    I love the toad heads! I'm a secret fan of toads. And I find it so funny that it seems to be completely normal for people to suddenly have toad heads XD But on the sight of werewolves they faint...
    6) What questions do you have for the writer?
    I think @AdamsEve1231 asked already really good questions.. I cannot come up with more :D
    @AdamsEve1231 Congratulations on your job! It's nice to find one that you like.
    I'm a bit confused about the schedule though.. I thought it's still @Piazzagirl1015 's week? x.x

@friendsfan367 Congratulations on starting next generation!

@Piazzagirl1015
    1) What do you think of the challenge aspect of this story? Would you attempt something similar?
    It's interesting! I admit I didn't really read everything about the challenge in detail, but I like how you always found new ways to fulfill the single-parent aspect. at least until Gen. 4 (I didn't read further so far) there have been no repetitions.
    I don't think I'd ever attempt to write after a challenge. I think I'd abandon the goals too fast and get carried away with my own ideas...
    2) What predictions do you have for future generations? What would you like to see?
    I'm still curious how many ways you can find for the single-parent thing without keeping it similar to each other.
    I haven't finished Gen. 4 so far, but so far it's Wolfie. I liked his character development a lot. Hmm, and maybe Jareth Alto! I love how he rocks the mohawk still as an elder! xD And Zoe Duwood. I want to know her secret of how she gets all the man candy.
    I liked them all. But most maybe Gen. 3.
    I love the toad heads! I'm a secret fan of toads. And I find it so funny that it seems to be completely normal for people to suddenly have toad heads XD But on the sight of werewolves they faint...
    I think @AdamsEve1231 asked already really good questions.. I cannot come up with more :D

i made a mistake not taking rylan back out once i knew it would work. alana didn't want to wait.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited April 2018
    @AdamsEve1231
    Dh9mhe.jpg

I am so happy for you! I wish you the best of luck in your new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1) I have a link with the Going Solo rules for you here The forum thread is on the Creative Corner on the Sims 3 side.

2) I do have a little hint for you. Emit/Emmett does have access to a time machine ;)

3) Sandi is a favorite of mine too. I really do enjoy writing strong female characters like both her. In fact I have a Sims 4 version of her in my gallery. If you do have another casting call for your story, I would love to send her to you.

4) Rose was another favorite of mine and I still miss her.

5) I loved writing that scene especially all the incantations. I was laughing while writing it.

6a) Reading other stories or books helps keeps my motivation up to continue the story. I also like to re read what I wrote before because sometimes I can find a bit of inspiration left over. Talking to others about my story and theirs also helps to motivate me. I haven't posted an update in a while because of writers block but I will be publishing a chapter tomorrow for Earth Day. I also have two more chapters written that just need pictures taken.

b) Hopefully my writing skills have changed. I try to pay more attention to detail now than I did than. What I am trying to do differently now than I did back than is use more information about the environmental mission. I always left that in the background but I think it should be more out there whenever possible. Obviously some of the ltw's will make it easier than others to tie in the mission but I'm definitely going to try harder.

c) You hit on a fear of mine plot holes. When taking on a story about time travel it is so easy to fall into a plot hole or two. Just look at the plot holes in the most famous movie about time travel. If professionals have this much trouble with time travel plot hole what chance do I have of not falling into them. I basically try to review my story as much as possible and I try my best not to fall into one.

What I do avoid now are the predictions that Holly and Emmett make especially for characters out of my control. Story progression changed something that was a prediction and I liked the change. Considering it was a secondary character I kept it but I learned my lession from that and I keep their predictions vague now just in case they need to be changed later on.

I was tempted to re write Rose's generation because I found a whole plot line which would deal with her ltw and make sense for the story. Rose's ltw was gold digger and everyone in town knew it. Chris had two sister and neither one of them objected to his marriage with a known gold digger. I still wouldn't change what I wrote previously even though I kick myself for not picking up on this for the story. I do my best to stick with the story but I would never consciously ret-con a character or anything I have written before.

d) Its hard just to pick one so I'm glad you made the question plural. Holly was always a favorite of mine and this is not the first legacy I started with her. Wolfie made that wonderful transformation from womanizer to family man and Rose and Sandi are strong women. I can't go on further as I don't want to give any spoilers to what you haven't read yet. As for favorite scene Rose bringing Chris back to life is a favorite and Wolfie facing his fears about commitment is another favorite of mine. I do have a favorite wedding scene and a favorite image but you are not there yet. I would like for you to ask this question again when I can fully answer.

@Maladi777 Feel free to answer the questions whenever you want to. I started your story and read the first generation, I'm planning on reading more today. I did bookmark your thread but I haven't read anything because I want to get up to date on your story first.

@friendsfan367
    pizza girl will be happy. since every attempt of the benders is differnt i dropped rylan in game once the kids aged up. last time alana just liked him this time she really really likes him.

I do look forward to seeing Rylan again :)

@candycottonchu You are correct that we start on Sundays and end on Saturdays for the main focus story but since everything is relaxed here we can discuss any story at any time.
    1 and 2) The creator of the challenge lifted the Solo aspect of the challenge for stories only so we don't have to stick to single parent stories anymore. The change actually came while I was writing generation 4 because everyone expected doom and gloom every time I posted a chapter. We were getting forum comments "waiting for the other shoe to drop" or "is this it" and finally "there it is" during Sandi's story. It turned out that everyone's stories were going the same way I was and the single parent aspect made the stories too predictable. Because the creator didn't want to limit creativity she changed the rule to story first rules second. I am sticking to the rules in generation 7, 8 and 9 but I already know I will break them again in generation 10.

3) Wolfie is a fan favorite and I really love him. His transformation and that proposals were one of my favorites to write. I'm sure you are going to love Sandi's story as you get into it more. Jareth was a fun character to write because he is in such a grey area. While he is supposed to be a villain he really doesn't want to be that bad. He is just wants to live life like he wants to a wanna be punk version of Don Juan. He also isn't bright enough to be a true villain. He is more of a victim of circumstance. That thing with Zoe was completely story progression. It was so funny that I had to include it. She was supposed to have a bigger part in the story but story progression interfered again.

5) I never thought of that toad heads perfectly normal but they faint at werewolf transformations. The one that really made me laugh is when Wolfie fainted over Sandi transforming. Sandi never fainted but she rolled the brave trait. The picture of Jareth and Brandon both with toad heads was another favorite of mine.

6) I answered all the questions above if you have any others please feel free to ask.

@AdamsEve1231 @friendsfan367 @Maladi777 @candycottonchu and @Arrowleaf

I thank everyone for reading my story and answering the discussion questions. Your comments and kind words
    are appreciated. Tomorrow is Earth Day and considering the main theme of my story I will be posting something special for the occasion.

edit-I also wanted to apologize for not responding to comments left on my blog in a more timely manner. I usually respond right away but I'm so behind that it will take a little while to catch up which I promise that I will.
    Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on
    edited April 2018
    @AdamsEve1231
    Dh9mhe.jpg

I am so happy for you! I wish you the best of luck in your new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1) I have a link with the Going Solo rules for you here The forum thread is on the Creative Corner on the Sims 3 side.

2) I do have a little hint for you. Emit/Emmett does have access to a time machine ;)

3) Sandi is a favorite of mine too. I really do enjoy writing strong female characters like both her. In fact I have a Sims 4 version of her in my gallery. If you do have another casting call for your story, I would love to send her to you.

4) Rose was another favorite of mine and I still miss her.

5) I loved writing that scene especially all the incantations. I was laughing while writing it.

6a) Reading other stories or books helps keeps my motivation up to continue the story. I also like to re read what I wrote before because sometimes I can find a bit of inspiration left over. Talking to others about my story and theirs also helps to motivate me. I haven't posted an update in a while because of writers block but I will be publishing a chapter tomorrow for Earth Day. I also have two more chapters written that just need pictures taken.

b) Hopefully my writing skills have changed. I try to pay more attention to detail now than I did than. What I am trying to do differently now than I did back than is use more information about the environmental mission. I always left that in the background but I think it should be more out there whenever possible. Obviously some of the ltw's will make it easier than others to tie in the mission but I'm definitely going to try harder.

c) You hit on a fear of mine plot holes. When taking on a story about time travel it is so easy to fall into a plot hole or two. Just look at the plot holes in the most famous movie about time travel. If professionals have this much trouble with time travel plot hole what chance do I have of not falling into them. I basically try to review my story as much as possible and I try my best not to fall into one.

What I do avoid now are the predictions that Holly and Emmett make especially for characters out of my control. Story progression changed something that was a prediction and I liked the change. Considering it was a secondary character I kept it but I learned my lession from that and I keep their predictions vague now just in case they need to be changed later on.

I was tempted to re write Rose's generation because I found a whole plot line which would deal with her ltw and make sense for the story. Rose's ltw was gold digger and everyone in town knew it. Chris had two sister and neither one of them objected to his marriage with a known gold digger. I still wouldn't change what I wrote previously even though I kick myself for not picking up on this for the story. I do my best to stick with the story but I would never consciously ret-con a character or anything I have written before.

d) Its hard just to pick one so I'm glad you made the question plural. Holly was always a favorite of mine and this is not the first legacy I started with her. Wolfie made that wonderful transformation from womanizer to family man and Rose and Sandi are strong women. I can't go on further as I don't want to give any spoilers to what you haven't read yet. As for favorite scene Rose bringing Chris back to life is a favorite and Wolfie facing his fears about commitment is another favorite of mine. I do have a favorite wedding scene and a favorite image but you are not there yet. I would like for you to ask this question again when I can fully answer.

@Maladi777 Feel free to answer the questions whenever you want to. I started your story and read the first generation, I'm planning on reading more today. I did bookmark your thread but I haven't read anything because I want to get up to date on your story first.

@friendsfan367

I do look forward to seeing Rylan again :)

@candycottonchu You are correct that we start on Sundays and end on Saturdays for the main focus story but since everything is relaxed here we can discuss any story at any time.
    1 and 2) The creator of the challenge lifted the Solo aspect of the challenge for stories only so we don't have to stick to single parent stories anymore. The change actually came while I was writing generation 4 because everyone expected doom and gloom every time I posted a chapter. We were getting forum comments "waiting for the other shoe to drop" or "is this it" and finally "there it is" during Sandi's story. It turned out that everyone's stories were going the same way I was and the single parent aspect made the stories too predictable. Because the creator didn't want to limit creativity she changed the rule to story first rules second. I am sticking to the rules in generation 7, 8 and 9 but I already know I will break them again in generation 10.

3) Wolfie is a fan favorite and I really love him. His transformation and that proposals were one of my favorites to write. I'm sure you are going to love Sandi's story as you get into it more. Jareth was a fun character to write because he is in such a grey area. While he is supposed to be a villain he really doesn't want to be that bad. He is just wants to live life like he wants to a wanna be punk version of Don Juan. He also isn't bright enough to be a true villain. He is more of a victim of circumstance. That thing with Zoe was completely story progression. It was so funny that I had to include it. She was supposed to have a bigger part in the story but story progression interfered again.

5) I never thought of that toad heads perfectly normal but they faint at werewolf transformations. The one that really made me laugh is when Wolfie fainted over Sandi transforming. Sandi never fainted but she rolled the brave trait. The picture of Jareth and Brandon both with toad heads was another favorite of mine.

6) I answered all the questions above if you have any others please feel free to ask.

@AdamsEve1231 @friendsfan367 @Maladi777 @candycottonchu and @Arrowleaf

I thank everyone for reading my story and answering the discussion questions. Your comments and kind words
    are appreciated. Tomorrow is Earth Day and considering the main theme of my story I will be posting something special for the occasion.

i'm hiding him for now. like i said alanas timeline is to far ahead because she refused to wait til i wrote the beging of her and rylan.

patients isn't her strong point.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hey @candycottonchu... sorry for the confusion. This is the schedule as it stands.

April 1-April 14th @Piazzagirl1015 A Race Through Time Discussion
    April 15th-April 28th @Maladi777 The Heffner Legacy
    April 29th-May 12th @candycottonchu Neighbourhood Talk
    May 13th-May 26th @Arrowleaf The Landon Legacy
    May 27th-June 9th @friendsfan367 The Benders
    June 10th-June 23rd TBD

It's listed on page 1 of this thread here.

Since it's April 22nd, we're starting the second week of @Maladi777's story reading/discussion. Weeks rotate on a 2 week basis. If we need to extend reading/discussion week lengths, anyone, let me know. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    On that note, here are the general (slightly tweaked) questions for discussion whenever you're all ready for @Maladi777's Heffner Legacy story. I got the opportunity to read through Gen 1 today, @Maladi777 and it's great!

General Reading Circle Questions for Writer:

@Maladi777
    What inspired you to write a #BuildNewcrest story and to start with the characters you did?
    What's your game-play style and how does this influence your writing?
    How do you plan your chapters?
    Who is your favorite character and why (or do you have a favorite generation)?
    What changes and/or plans do you have for the future (if you're willing to share)?
    What questions do you have for us, the readers?

I'll also add... did anything surprise you in the writing/gaming process, and if so, did it influence the direction of the story?

General Reading Circle Questions for Readers:

@friendsfan467, @Arrowleaf, @Piazzagirl1015, @candycottonchu

Who is your favorite character and why?
    What are your general thoughts about the story or favorite parts/generations?
    What would you say are points of action or driving plot points of this story?
    Any future predictions?
    What questions do you have for the writer?

I'd add also... what are your thoughts about the #BuildNewcrest aspects of the story? How do you feel the story changes or evolves from generation to generation?

Again readers (and writer) feel free to answer as many or as few questions as you'd like based on whatever you've read (1 chapter is the recommended minimum so we can support all the writers) and you can use spoilers if you feel you might give away details. :)

Happy Simming!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231
    Dh9mhe.jpg

Thank you so much, @Piazzagirl1015.

And thanks for your question responses.
    Hooray!!! :)
    Oh, I'd love to have Sandi for my story. My LASL casting call will probably be later this summer for the next round of Lizzie shenanigans... lol... kid-edition!
    6a) Reading other stories or books helps keeps my motivation up to continue the story. I also like to re read what I wrote before because sometimes I can find a bit of inspiration left over. Talking to others about my story and theirs also helps to motivate me.

This is an awesome answer. I agree. Reading other people's SimLit and going back and rereading my own helps inspire me too.

I agree with you. Wolfie transformed the most in the story, though I'd say Rose did some too. Wolfie is probably my third favorite character. I do agree with you and love that you feature strong women characters as I am inspired by them and try and write them myself. I'll let you know when I'm caught up and I'll ask the question again. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited April 2018
    @Maladi777 I've just started generation 3 and I should be up to date with your story by the end of the week. I'll answer the questions as soon as I finish reading.

@AdamsEve1231
    Lizzie shenanigans/kid edition sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun to read. I am so looking forward to that.

One character that I almost forgot to mention as a favorite is Abby. She was weak and easily intimidated in the beginning but in the end she grew into a strong woman. I loved having her kick Vita's butt.

@AdamsEve1231 @friendsfan367 @Maladi777 @candycottonchu @Arrowleaf

I usually don't post updates here because no one is up to date yet but this is not really an update. I brought the whole family together for a portrait in observance of Earth Day. Considering the main theme of my story I only thought it proper. There is no spoilers just a picture of the current family and some words of wisdom on the environment.

Earth Day 2018
    Happy happy birthday, @Maladi777. So happy to have you in our reading circle.

On that note, I'd love to know everyone's birthdays so we can celebrate in here. :)

Since I know you like and have parakeets...
    bf_b_day113-78e8e4827a9c53e7e67452a305c49a83.png

...and just for fun... because why not?
    43fb0c1048f57f079acb81124fecf1da.jpg

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Great quotes, @Piazzagirl1015. Thanks for the share. Happy belated Earth Day, everyone.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Happy happy birthday, @Maladi777. So happy to have you in our reading circle.

On that note, I'd love to know everyone's birthdays so we can celebrate in here. :)

Since I know you like and have parakeets...
    bf_b_day113-78e8e4827a9c53e7e67452a305c49a83.png

...and just for fun... because why not?
    43fb0c1048f57f079acb81124fecf1da.jpg

Awww, thank you! I love the parrots!

We definitely should have a birthday calendar. We had one in my previous reading circle as well.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Hello everyone!

I'm here with my answers to @Piazzagirl1015 story. I'm at gen 5 and most likely I'm going to finish reading the last three generations this week if nothing comes up. I've been enjoying the story a lot. Great writing there, good humor and some unexpected twists.
    To be honest I knew nothing about this challenge at all before I started reading this story. I like that the heirs move out and the story focuses on them instead of every relative. They are still part of the story, but never steal the spotlight, which is good in this case.
    I have my hands full with the Build Newcrest challenge and until it's finished (6 more generations to go), I don't dare to think about anything else.

I'm currently at the start of gen 5. I think Starr will be looking for love in all the wrong places until she realizes she had it under her nose all the time. Yes, I'm thinking the neighbour boy is her soulsmate. I'm going to find out on my next reading session, which is probably tonight. :) I hope to see some awesome villains in future generations. Brandon kinda didn't have a style if you know what I mean. He was just brainsick.

Oh this is hard! There are so many! First one I really liked was Rose. Then Abigail. And Emmet grew on me too. I like seeing his blue mane around. :smiley: He's always being so cryptic. I liked how determined Rose was and the change Abigail went through, how she immediately took little Sandi as if she was her own. <3

Don't make me pick, pleeeease. I loved all of them so far. I love it how @Piazzagirl1015 makes each heir and his personality unique. And I love there's a new threat/danger every generation!

I laughed a lot at those "btw. I'm a werewolf" scenes in the first generation. I always appreciate a good humor, especially when it's a perfect combination of pictures and writer's brilliant choice of words. And the casual way the mentioned scenes were described had me in stitches.

Do you wish you wrote any of the generations/characters differently?
    Did you have one of those moments when you came up with a new brilliant idea and practically rewrote a plot of a generation?
    heffners_orig.jpg

Thank you for your answers!
    1 + 2) Okay that makes some surprises then xD But I have to say as far as I read there was not even one single repetition. I'm actually amazed that you find so many different ways to make them single parents. Every story is quite unique.

3)Omg how could I forget about the proposal. It might me squeak all over! It is terribly cute! I loved the picket fence so much!
    And I don't know, maybe it came off wrong, but I really like all of your generations! Each main character is so unique and lovable.
    And yes, story progression sometimes gives the best ideas! Still, sometimes too much gathers as one could write about it.

5)Yeah, they are really funny! I find it funny that the sims don't react to the toad heads.

6)so far not. But I will when I have, thanks :)

edit-I also wanted to apologize for not responding to comments left on my blog in a more timely manner. I usually respond right away but I'm so behind that it will take a little while to catch up which I promise that I will.
    No need to apologize. Sometimes life just keeps us busy.
    Also I love the photo! It's quite a big family :) And I find it really sweet that your story actually has a serious message. It keeps us thinking about how we treat our planet.
    Hey @candycottonchu... sorry for the confusion. This is the schedule as it stands.

April 1-April 14th @Piazzagirl1015 A Race Through Time Discussion
    April 15th-April 28th @Maladi777 The Heffner Legacy
    April 29th-May 12th @candycottonchu Neighbourhood Talk
    May 13th-May 26th @Arrowleaf The Landon Legacy
    May 27th-June 9th @friendsfan367 The Benders
    June 10th-June 23rd TBD

It's listed on page 1 of this thread here.

Since it's April 22nd, we're starting the second week of @Maladi777's story reading/discussion. Weeks rotate on a 2 week basis. If we need to extend reading/discussion week lengths, anyone, let me know. :)

Thanks for clearing this up, @AdamsEve1231 !

Also I'm with @Maladi777 at having a birthday calendar. The parrots you made are really cute!
    And while I'm at it, I'll answer those writer questions for Heffners week too.
    What inspired you to write a #BuildNewcrest story and to start with the characters you did?
    First TS4 simlit I read was The Bloomer Legacy. (Gosh, it's been over two years ago. I wonder if people who read it too are still around.) I loved it very much and also like the building aspect of the challenge. I'm not very keen on building and I needed motivation to improve at it. As for characters. I made this group of sims, children runaways, for a purpose I don't remember anymore. When I was looking for a character to start the challenge with, I picked one of them.

What's your game-play style and how does this influence your writing?
    AT the begining I just played and screenshoted and practically just commented on the pictures. I only had the Prologue planned and that was it. This all changed. The more I started planning the plot the less I actually played. Currently I'm not playing anymore. I go in game only to pose and take pictures.

How do you plan your chapters?
    First I decide whose POV I'll be writing from and go from there. Sometimes I feel like taking pictures first, sometimes the other way round.

Who is your favorite character and why (or do you have a favorite generation)?
    4th generation is my favorite. I always like the newer stuff and the older one not so much. I have a favorite trio of characters. Tony, Kellie and Chris. The more time I spend working on their personalities, the more I like them. Tony is the one who inspires me most.

What changes and/or plans do you have for the future (if you're willing to share)?
    I have finally settled in a writing style that suits me. In that regard there are no big changes to be expected. In gen 5 I want to explore Tony's past. The story will take us to his homeland, Tony's past will play a key role in the present events. I'm really looking forward to this and I'm intimidated by this ambitious plan at the same time. Exploring the roots of this character can be a big fun or a disaster if I fail to do it justice.

Just a couple.
    1) What were your thoughts on the revelation of Tony's special condition in gen 4? Were you disappointed by such a twist?
    2) What do you think of the concept of killing one of the main characters?
    3) When you were reading the story, was there ever a moment you wished I explored a certain character/option I didn't?

I'll also add... did anything surprise you in the writing/gaming process, and if so, did it influence the direction of the story?
    It wasn't as much something in the game process as certain pictures I took, that gave me new ideas and took me on a new path. For instance the character of Terry was never meant to be more than just an episode role. Then I captured a picture in which he's giving Kellie this look and I felt something was there and I had to know what it was. What if he likes her? Could they work?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited April 2018
    @Maladi777
    ELov1e.jpg

I do hope that you enjoyed your day :)

Thank you so much for the compliments on the story they are appreciated :)

I'm really enjoying your story especially that last generation.
    I was completely blown away at the ending.
    Tragic lovers (Romeo and Juliet, Cathy and Heathcliff) always seem to captivate me.

I'm already reading generation 4 so I should be finished today or tomorrow. I will be replying to your questions as soon as I am finished.

1) I don't blame you for wanting to do one story at a time. I have two going on but one is more neglected than the other. If I had it to do over again I would have waited to finish the first.

2) Starr is one of my more detailed generations as you will soon see. You are just at the beginning but Spencer is a big part of her story.

As for the villains there are more to come. One of my most hated villains appears in generation 6.

3) Emmett will be around for a good long time as he has a time machine. I still miss Rose. She was very strong and determined. Abby was proof that you can change your life. She started off weak with a low self esteem but in the end she was strong enough to kick Vita's butt when needed.

5) Thank you so much for the kind words. I try my best to keep everything light.

6) a) Yes I do wish I could change things. For one thing with Rose I am sorry I didn't make Chris' sisters object to the marriage. Considering everyone in town knew what Rose was all about, it would only make sense that they would suspect her of marrying their brother for his money. Starr was also changed completely because of one aspect in the story that would have been too similar to Sandi's story.

b) I had quite a few times where a rewrote a story. With Rose I decided not to make her a typical gold digger that she was intended to be and I had her actually fall in love with Chris. Abby was supposed to be the only girl to reject Wolfie but they were so attracted to each other in game that I had to turn the whole story around. Even my current generation had a couple of changes in plans. First one being a romantic interest given to him by the game at the prom. She was actually a pretty NPC babysitter in game so I wrote her in as his first girlfriend. Sometimes I get the best ideas as I go along. Its not only story progression that gives me the changes my view point changes and gives me better ideas.

@AdamsEve1231 I think its a great idea to have a birthday list also :) October 15th for me and I'll be 29 on each and every birthday that follows. I stopped counting.

Thank you about the quotes :)

@candycottonchu Thanks so much about the picture and I'm thinking of a family portrait from time to time just to show the changes in the family. I know the environmental issues have been in the headlines lately and a little bit politically controversial in this country but it is still a message I do want to send out in this story. I am planning on mentioning the purpose of the mission more often now.

I'm almost finished with @Maladi777 's on the last generation now. I'll be heading to your story next.

Maladi777 wrote: »

Just a couple.
    1) What were your thoughts on the revelation of Tony's special condition in gen 4? Were you disappointed by such a twist?
    2) What do you think of the concept of killing one of the main characters?
    3) When you were reading the story, was there ever a moment you wished I explored a certain character/option I didn't?

answering your questions now c:
    1) It cracked me up, tbh. I loved it! You always have the craziest ideas!
    2) I'm not a fan of killing characters. But I forgive you on this one. It was crucial for the story development, and I am glad you had the courage to do so. There's a great story coming out of this, and I find a lot of character development couldn't have happend without it. Neither Chris', nor Tony's.
    3) Now that I was skimming over your story again, (thanks to @Piazzagirl1015 's comments... I love them!) it reminded me that Marissa&her boyfriend (forgot his name, too lazy to check again x.x) didn't get much more screen time after they settled their wedding. But I see they were only side characters and didn't really interfere anymore with the main story. Still I love their love story c:
    You might want to hint here to Beryl's/Tony's relationship being explained better. But I actually like how it turned out in the end. Them barely spending any real time to really get to know each other, gives a chance to rediscover a different type of love for Tony. If he realizes it, it is another great opportunity for character development.
    Though I admit I would have liked to see how it would have turned out if Beryl wouldn't have died, and they would have had a chance to really be together in a way. Who knows, maybe they would have figured that they weren't even compatible after all? Or would they have found "true love"?
    We'll never know.
    Also I'd love if you would have dived deeper into the start of the story. It was so catchy!

As for the general questions:
    Who is your favorite character and why?
    Chris, Kellie, Tony... Beryl... I love them all. Even Terry made it to my like list after the moustache discussion :joy:
    Chris because he's maybe the most conflicted and deepest character of all.
    Kellie because I admire her strength and determination.
    Tony, because he has such a great character development.
    Beryl, because despite her having a hard life, she never lost her cheerfulness.
    Terry because... moustache. Joke. I like how you write characters.
    What are your general thoughts about the story or favorite parts/generations?
    I loved the start with the orphan boys. The first sentence directly drew me in.
    But still the last generation kept me hooked the most. There are so many parts I really like, and I cannot even think about them all. Most of all I like the consistency of all the characters. If they change their personality, it always has a reason behind it.
    What would you say are points of action or driving plot points of this story?
    Definitely Beryl's death is one. Without her dieing, the 4th generation would have been completely different. There are many more... but it's hard to remember them all now.
    Any future predictions?
    I'll keep quiet here c: You know my ship!
    What questions do you have for the writer?
    1) Where do you get your inspiration from? You have so many ideas.
    2) Do you do fact research if there are things happening that you want to tell, but you don't really know enough to tell them?
    @candycottonchu Thanks so much about the picture and I'm thinking of a family portrait from time to time just to show the changes in the family. I know the environmental issues have been in the headlines lately and a little bit politically controversial in this country but it is still a message I do want to send out in this story. I am planning on mentioning the purpose of the mission more often now.

I'm almost finished with @Maladi777 's on the last generation now. I'll be heading to your story next.

I'd love to see updates of the family portraits!

Also I am really looking forward what you have to say about my story. I did read your comments on @Maladi777 's story and I love how much thought you put into them.