Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod support for sims 4 console

Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
Since more games are supporting the modding community on console as well as PC I was wondering if the sims team have any plans on supporting mods for the console version or even if it is possible as I am not sure how the updating of mods would work for consoles.
Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited August 2017
    We wont have access to the gallery or to 4K so i doubt they will implement a feature that allows us to install mods.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    No mod support on console
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    > @drake_mccarty said:
    > No mod support on console

Source?
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    Nevermind.
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/09/12/the-sims-4-console-ps4-exclusive-preview/
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    We wont have access to the gallery or to 4K so i doubt they will implement a feature that allows us to install mods.

You wouldn't want anything more than 1080p for The Sims 4 console.
  • AlexwestAlexwest Posts: 2 New Member
    Why people on pc have custom content if dont pay for the game and have pirate free version. And all people pay for the game on playstation 4 or xbox dont have custom content. Its very sad and dissapointment. thanks ..
  • DougyDougy Posts: 47 Member
    I am almost surprised EA hasn't come up with their own spin of paid mods like Bethesda has with their Creation Club .
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Since more games are supporting the modding community on console as well as PC I was wondering if the sims team have any plans on supporting mods for the console version or even if it is possible as I am not sure how the updating of mods would work for consoles.

They don't support using mods on PC for this game, so I doubt they ever will support it on console. On PC there is the warning to use at your own risk.
  • AlexwestAlexwest Posts: 2 New Member
    This is a sheet cor THE people if have only posibility ti play only in consola.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited February 2018
    I personally dont see us ever getting mods or cc for console, i myself am not a big user of cc or mods and only really do maxis match windows and door add ons on pc but i think it would be cool for players to get the option.
  • Johnvincent1229Johnvincent1229 Posts: 24 Member
    sims 4 consoles is getting boring please add more packs and please add the gallery
  • CreeperCassCreeperCass Posts: 4 New Member
    Feels pretty lame to watch all these cool mods and custom content that I will apparently never get to use for my console... Would be nice to have access to the gallery also. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees we should be able to get mods and CC on consoles because without it you kind of feel cheated.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Feels pretty lame to watch all these cool mods and custom content that I will apparently never get to use for my console... Would be nice to have access to the gallery also. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees we should be able to get mods and CC on consoles because without it you kind of feel cheated.

I think it'd be very problematic to add mods and custom content. I don't know how it is on xbox, but PS4 doesn't seem like something you'd be able to download things like that on.
  • MccheddarboxMccheddarbox Posts: 1 New Member
    "They don't support using mods on PC for this game, so I doubt they ever will support it on console. On PC there is the warning to use at your own risk."

They have to use a warning... It doesnt mean they dont support it. They have exchange so people can trade mods and if they didnt want people modding the game they could block it. I dont know about xbox but PlayStation is the one that doesnt support mods. Thats why they are restricted for fallout and skyrim. You can only use things the properties that are already in game.
    @Mccheddarbox

EA does not own an exchange for mods. Those are all fanbase made.
  • TerraGem431TerraGem431 Posts: 1 New Member
    It would just be really great if cc is added at least, the game doesn't allow players to be really creative with what they have in the first place, but i guess that this is why we have all of the packs (dlcs) , though this is not enough for me, all of the sims in my world end up looking the same. Just waiting until i can get 'get to work' to get new hairs so that there is more variety. Oh, and the furniture to decorate the houses/apartments with.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    With the lack of mods and slow release of packs is making the sims 4 go a bit stale on console, I need more!
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • CarriepoohCarriepooh Posts: 1 New Member
    We do need mods on console it would make it soo much better and so much fun like without them its not even that fun i really wish they would put mods on console
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited April 2018
    I think mods would ruin the way the game runs especially on console. Probably for the best that we don't have it. Honestly all we need is galleryand to be patient for more game content to be added on console. Maybe if you're bored of console version then play it on PC or try being more creative to make it more interesting. There's actually a lot to do so far if you do own the packs that are released on consoles so far.
    [
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rick123rick123 Posts: 1 New Member
    PS4 Gran Turismo Sport game was designed to encourage exchange of user mods car paint, driving suits & helmets etc. This enhances the game in the same manner user created mods do for the Sims PC version. The mod less PS4 version of the Sims will always be a distant second to the PC version.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    people will be better just playing PC/Mac for mods and custom content!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Unless some console users become dedicated modders, I do not see that as a thing. The PC has many simmers who are dedicated modders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @LOW

I highly doubt the dedicated modders will just "port" their mods unless they also play the game on console. They are normally just regular people who play the game, EA has nothing to do with the mods or those that create them. Maybe console gamers will get some of their community of players to create mods.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top