Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THANKS!

So my thread about the possible future of this game/franchise got shut down because it's not appropriate to discuss it on the forum? Censorship much? I mean FFS, freedom of speech! People have the right to give their opinions on a public forum! Plus closing conversations only makes folks more nervous and much likelier to make up stories and that's how bad rumours get started. I'm not one for being silenced, that's BS and weak.
Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Technically free speech only applies to the government censoring people. Privately-owned venues like online forums are fair game for censorship as deemed necessary by the owners.

Still, I do agree that it's not really fair to shut down all discussions about the future of the franchise based on the company's current situation. They probably don't have the PR resources to handle this, so they just shut the discussions down before things get out of hand. There isn't really much transparency here in the first place.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @Lizzychicago

Maybe vent on other forums/social media. EA has a twitter account to voice your concern/opinion towards the source. The mods here are most likely only doing as they are instructed. We all know EA is not good when it comes to being honest. They hate bad PR and will attempt to shut it down on platforms they have full control over, such as this one.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    I wish @EA_Mage could give us more information about the whole situation (She is the community manager now if I see her title) since the community obviously is worried..

The last thing we need at this moment is complete silence. That will only make the speculation worse and even more out of control.

Just be transparent for once please. I think the community deserves it.

I really think an official statement is appropriate at this moment.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited April 2018
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Just be transparent for once please.

^This! This so much. Every time there's been some sort of bad news on the horizon, it's always been up to us to figure it out while they twiddle their thumbs and act like they don't see what's happening. Just be up front and tell us what's going on. No BS (Really? We're censoring two letters now?) corporate speak. No avoiding the question. Just tell us what's going on. You'd think they'd be more on top of this considering all the things that have been said by someone claiming to be a former guru.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    So my thread about the possible future of this game/franchise got shut down because it's not appropriate to discuss it on the forum?. Censorship much? I mean FFS, freedom of speech! People have the right to give their opinions on a public forum! Plus closing conversations only makes folks more nervous and much likelier to make up stories and that's how bad rumours get started. I'm not one for being silenced, that's plum and weak.
    When a discussion is on people rather than content it is most certainly not appropriate. EA_Mage's post in that thread was quite clear on this so there should be no confusion. Creating a thread to discuss moderation is against the forum rules. I'm closing this thread and will be in contact.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top