Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I lock my front door?

Some guy just walked into my house and he won't get out. I've tried being rude to him, but he won't leave. Is there something I can do to get rid of him, and how do I stop strangers from coming in without my permission?

Comments

• Nezro_MightyrocNezro_Mightyroc Posts: 2 New Member
    If you talk to Sims while your at home they will automatically come inside for a few minutes. They will leave eventually but they don't really do anything significant while in your house
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Problem is, she didn't talk to him. She just came home from work and was standing outside. I was deciding what to do next when this man just walked into her house and made himself at home. I had played occasionally before the formal release a few days ago, but never had that happen. I suppose he will leave eventually, but I haven't been back in the game since.

Maybe it was just a glitch, but it reminded me of FreeSO (Free Sims Online) where other players can walk into your house uninvited and use whatever they want. It kind of freaks me out, so I won't play FreeSO
  • mgeoff88mgeoff88 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having a similar problem. I hosted a party and invited some people over, but after the party ended, one of the guests is still hanging around the house. It’s like he is living there now... There should be a dialogue option to tell people to leave.
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    mgeoff88 wrote: »
    There should be a dialogue option to tell people to leave.

I think so also.
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    Two of my four sims got married recently and now their partners practically live in my house even though they are NPCs and I haven’t invited them over; they just stand around and talk to each other and get in my way when I’m designing my house haha, I wish there was an option to kick people out!
    I agree with adding an option to ask people to leave or kick them out. This game seems to be pretty focused on social interactions, but after awhile you just want them to leave you alone.
  • Pandasim2Pandasim2 Posts: 34 Member
    Same problem here. Some woman came into my Sims home the first day I played this. She never left. She has been there since the day the game released. Always! Never leaves!
  • TK421TK421 Posts: 24 Member
    I would love the option to tell people to leave my house. If EA would implement this feature they would make a lot of people happy.
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don’t have any sims hanging around my house so I can’t try this but if you wait until they are outside and then take away the outside doors will that keep them out? It might work.
    Pandasim2 wrote: »
    Same problem here. Some woman came into my Sims home the first day I played this. She never left. She has been there since the day the game released. Always! Never leaves!

I know that's not funny, but it made me laugh. Maybe the game has chosen your spouse for you. :D

I still haven't gone back into my game, so I don't know if that man has left my house. I guess I'll check it out later today and see. If he's still there, I may start the game over. I'm only at level 6 so I won't lose that much progress.
    Ok... This is a little frustrating. One of the biggest issues across the board that I see people complaining about (even myself) is that you can't lock your front door and you can't ask other Sims to leave your house. Why have the developers not implemented this feature yet? They would make a lot of people happy by doing so.

People have told me that there is an option to lock your door and that you can ask Sims to leave your house. This is NOT true. Neither of these options are available anywhere.

So what gives??
  • ZeoXZeoX Posts: 43 Member
    what about
    removing the door and throw it away deep deep into the dimension space??
    No, you cannot lock your door and you cannot ask them to leave. I hope, for one, hope these options are added in an update soon.
  • Hevfev06Hevfev06 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having this problem at the moment too! I've come back from work & there's some random dude sat at my Sims kitchen table...I've also tried being rude but he just got up & went & sat on the sofa...
    I had my Sim go on with her life, go to work, go to parties and talk to other people, and he eventually left. I hope they fix this in an update.
  • KartSimoKartSimo Posts: 16 New Member
    I haven’t had this problem, but couldn’t a solution be to call them over to another area of the game?
    KartSimo wrote: »
    I haven’t had this problem, but couldn’t a solution be to call them over to another area of the game?

I haven't played very much so I'm not sure how that would work. How would I do that?
  • KartSimoKartSimo Posts: 16 New Member
    You have to socialize with the sim enough to get it in your contacts list, then click socialize under their name. One of the options that will appear will be “call over”, the other being “go there”.
    KartSimo wrote: »
    You have to socialize with the sim enough to get it in your contacts list, then click socialize under their name. One of the options that will appear will be “call over”, the other being “go there”.

Thanks, I'll try that if it happens again.
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    I had a random superhero dressed sim hang around my home for a whole day while I was trying to finish relationship stories. So odd watching this guy third wheel for the duration of it :/
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
  • BramBram Posts: 25 Member
    Lol it's nice to have some people hanging around right? Nah, I also don't like it, but I don't think you can use a front lock
  • Crazykaren321Crazykaren321 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello all I've also had this problem. I contacted ea about this annoying neighbour problem and they couldn't help. I now have found a solution though. When you go to work click your contacts and invite that person to come to your work. This worked for me and they hang around my work instead. Hope this helps.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Problem is, she didn't talk to him. She just came home from work and was standing outside. I was deciding what to do next when this man just walked into her house and made himself at home. I had played occasionally before the formal release a few days ago, but never had that happen. I suppose he will leave eventually, but I haven't been back in the game since.

Maybe it was just a glitch, but it reminded me of FreeSO (Free Sims Online) where other players can walk into your house uninvited and use whatever they want. It kind of freaks me out, so I won't play FreeSO

I've had this, I don't mind though

I've had it happen twice since then, but they always leave eventually. At least they don't move in.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I've had it happen twice since then, but they always leave eventually. At least they don't move in.
    I had that happen and I didn't talk to them they kept sitting at my sims table .

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641