Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims Franchise Coming To An End?

MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
edited April 2018 in Off Topic Chat
I really liked The Sims 4 when it was first released. I actually said it was better than The Sims 3 back then. I enjoyed The Sims 4 for the first year of it being out but when Get Together was announced, that's kinda when I started losing interest.

All I see now on any Sims social medias is people complaining about the game.

DLC packs for The Sims 4 feel very bare! I have thought for a long time that maybe its the budget for the game. Maybe EA doesn't put enough into it. I have spoken to an EA Adviser and voiced my opinions of the game and they told me more than once that the budget is higher than previous Sims games which it does not feel like that at all to me and a lot of other people.

Ever since Sims Community revealed about The Sims having budget cuts and a few SimGurus have been given the sack, it really does make you think on what could happen to this franchise.

The Sims franchise has been going on for more than 18 years! It's one of the bestselling games of all time. Why has there been such a downgrade with The Sims 4? I know it was originally supposed to be a Multiplayer RPG game but there were so many problems with it that they completely cut it in the end so why did they not postpone The Sims 4 so they could work on a new base game?

I don't want my favourite franchise coming to an end and I know a lot of other people don't either.

I just wish EA or The Sims Team could clear some things up for us instead of keeping us in the dark.

What's everyone else's opinions that you would like to add?

Comments

• MiddletonPlaysMiddletonPlays Posts: 61 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    It's crazy how they're imposing even more budget and resource cuts for The Sims 4, when it was never given the proper amounts throughout development.

I think we're going to see The Sims 4 come to a close real soon. Well deserved, honestly, as it is has been an embarrassment to the franchise in many ways. There is zero indication they're working on The Sims 5, too, so the future of The Sims franchise very well may end up just being mobile, like SimCity.

Its a terrible shame because I was hoping this franchise would go on for way longer! :(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I really liked The Sims 4 when it was first released. I actually said it was better than The Sims 3 back then. I enjoyed The Sims 4 for the first year of it being out but when Get Together was announced, that's kinda when I started losing interest.

All I see now on any Sims social medias is people complaining about the game.

DLC packs for The Sims 4 feel very bare! I have thought for a long time that maybe its the budget for the game. Maybe EA doesn't put enough into it. I have spoken to an EA Adviser and voiced my opinions of the game and they told me more than once that the budget is higher than previous Sims games which it does not feel like that at all to me and a lot of other people.

Ever since Sims Community revealed about The Sims having budget cuts and a few SimGurus have been given the sack, it really does make you think on what could happen to this franchise.

The Sims franchise has been going on for more than 18 years! It's one of the bestselling games of all time. Why has there been such a downgrade with The Sims 4? I know it was originally supposed to be a Multiplayer RPG game but there were so many problems with it that they completely cut it in the end so why did they not postpone The Sims 4 so they could work on a new base game?

I don't want my favourite franchise coming to an end and I know a lot of other people don't either.

I just wish EA or The Sims Team could clear some things up for us instead of keeping us in the dark.

What's everyone else's opinions that you would like to add?

Makes you wonder what will happen to the new Sims 4 pack that will be at EA Play for people to play.
    I hope they will communicate with us about what's going on. I'm really worried now. I just hope we atleast get Seasons and more pool items before it's done.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I tend to agree with Sk8rblaze, however, only EA/Maxis knows and they are not saying nothing. Sims 4 as it is now is average and for me does not raise the bar for any other future iterations to surpass. EA/Maxis is really going to have to pull an rabbit out of their hat for Sims 5 to be the best. Sure you have some diehards that are really rooting for Sims 4 but the question is it enough? Sims 4 for me has been full of controversy from beginning and to what end it might meet. It has improved over time but it still needs a lot of work and features and I have given up on seeing the essential features and tired of items. Sims 4 is not that much of an cash cow as it was in the past and EA/Maxis may be focusing on the new franchises that are promising and popping up. If Sims 5 is to come into existence EA/Maxis going to have to avoid the pitfalls that existed in Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    If the Sims 4 ends now that's a slap in the face to the community who have been begging for Seasons and other packs that are missing. Could they actually end TS4 without Seasons?
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Ok for like the 100th time, they have said many times that they still have a lot more to add to the Sims 4, so I doubt very much it will end soon, they have claimed on many other posts, that they are working on packs and such and that they do not plan on quitting on Sims 4, just because they are not working on Sims 5 right now, does not mean they won't be in the future, you guys and gals need to be open minded and stop being Debbie downers, you just need to wait and have patience just like the rest of us, that is how I feel bout this thread that have asked the same question like 100 times since day 1, Yes I get frustrated when I do not see many items that I can use for My type of game play, which is Gothic type, but I do have all the packs thus far and plan on sifting through them all to see what I can use, I just wish they would add more Gothic type stuff like Long Nails painted in many colors, and longer hair, happy Simming, :) .
  • Sagittarius_Dreamer4Sagittarius_Dreamer4 Posts: 23 Member
    If they do end this I'm going to be majorly upset. I spent a lot of money on this game and there are a lot of things that have not been fixed. I guess I'd feel a tad bit better if they fixed everything before they give it the boot but as far at that link goes, it looks like things are coming to a close soon...
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2018
    I knew that this was probably the end of the Sims when they released it - it just felt as though EA was treating this as loose change rather than investing in a worthy game. The results that followed didn't exactly dispel those thoughts
    If they end this then I'm hoping they'll port over all the packs to console that's released so far. Also it's been said their working on a gallery for the consoles. If TS4 ends I guess that gets scrapped.
    I knew that this was probably the end of the Sims when they released it - it just felt as though EA was treating this as loose change rather than an investing in a worthy game. The results that followed didn't exactly dispel those thoughts

I'm not ready to say this is the end. I'm sure there will be atleast one more expansion pack this year or maybe even two and another stuff and gamepack as well. Not giving up yet.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2018
    I mean the end of the Sims franchise not Sims 4, or rather then end of Sims on PC
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't like to engage in this kind of speculation typically, but I do find the developments curious - especially if you take into account that they are apparently trying to lure players over to the TSM by means of an interactive picture frame.
    Anyway, having worked in an industry myself for many years that does not shy away from breaking something down completely just to rebuild it from the ground up, I will take this news with a grain of salt. And there is another reason why I am least not worried about TS4: Because of its sandbox nature TS has always attracted some of the most talented modders out there. Even if EA stopped publishing content, this would not be the end for this game.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't think the franchise is coming to an end but having said that I do think it's going in a mobile only direction. Which sadly for me, if that is the case, means I'm out. I'm not in anyway interested in a mobile only game, I think the sims mobile is ok but isn't enough for me. I hate the "energy" element of mobile games and the fact you have to pay real money but don't actually own anything. Don't even get me started on the "real time" aspect of mobile games when competing tasks.

It's been pretty obvious for a while now that something strange is going in with the sims, the sims 4 has been so lack luster and in terms of quality quiet poor. At least when you compare it to previous titles in the series. The smaller dlc packs, expansion of an expansion (cough, my first pet stuff, cough) and the lack of content in eps and all the secrecy is just a bit weird and just shows its all about the money.

I get that EA is a company and like any company you need to make profit to survive but when you have a long running series like the sims that's been going for what, 18 years now? And you decide one day to scrap the games pc counterpart and make it mobile only, it's kinda disrespectful to the loyal fans of the franchise, and to be honest some of the simgurus especially the ones that have been laid off.

Thankfully as its all speculation at the moment this isn't the case and the game will continue on PC, guess only time will tell!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would say so yes.
    Ok for like the 100th time, they have said many times that they still have a lot more to add to the Sims 4, so I doubt very much it will end soon, they have claimed on many other posts, that they are working on packs and such and that they do not plan on quitting on Sims 4, just because they are not working on Sims 5 right now, does not mean they won't be in the future, you guys and gals need to be open minded and stop being Debbie downers, you just need to wait and have patience just like the rest of us, that is how I feel bout this thread that have asked the same question like 100 times since day 1, Yes I get frustrated when I do not see many items that I can use for My type of game play, which is Gothic type, but I do have all the packs thus far and plan on sifting through them all to see what I can use, I just wish they would add more Gothic type stuff like Long Nails painted in many colors, and longer hair, happy Simming, :) .

Same thing they said about SimCity 2013, one day you say one thing and the next it is something different.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

I believe most was patient waiting for features that have no prospect of showing up and my level of patience is different than yours and if it ends, it ends for in the end it is what matters to the end user. I believe an lot are being open minded and starting to see that what they expected out of Sims 4 is not going to happen and do not want to accept it. EA/Maxis can shorten the expectations by just saying what is possible and what is not possible laying it all out for I am not putting out no more money waiting for something that is not going to show up but one thing that does show up is items which tends to fog my desires or even make me forget my true desires and expectations. After all it is just an game and there are other games and franchises that are waiting to be played. So I will be that Debbie downer for Sims 4 does one thing well and it is controversy.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm sad to see it go... I hope they at least make seasons.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I thought they recently increased their budget, because it's doing well. Resulting in awesome packs like Jungle Adventure.
    a256aFi.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Best Answer: No
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    They are closing threads left and right so better be careful with this one :s
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Just keep on topic about the game lifespan and don't mention any connection to staffing and you should be ok
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Just keep on topic about the game lifespan and don't mention any connection to staffing and you should be ok

Please do keep it about the games.

I have removed several comments from this discussion as discussions about people/staff are not appropriate for the forum.

Thank you for understanding.
    -Mage
    They are closing threads left and right so better be careful with this one :s

This thread was originally in a different category before it got changed to this one so I think its all right for now aha :)
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »

Please do keep it about the games.

I have removed several comments from this discussion as discussions about people/staff are not appropriate for the forum.

Thank you for understanding.
    -Mage

:)