Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annoying poses

Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
edited December 2016 in General Mods Discussion
Hi, @rosemow or @chesterbigbird do you or anyone else know if there is a certain symbol, letter or word in the strings of the different pose codes that indicate they are either a loop or override pose type? I am so over this annoying pose. Every time a sims sits on a sofa or living chair it does these same poses and I'd like to either get rid of it or at least put them in a folder so they are deeper in the mods and won't show in the game.

Here are some shots of the pose. If anyone knows what it is please let me know. Thanks.
DegEW4e.pngJUOzsyK.pngUUP4hLA.png

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello @Jendowoz0612! I am trying to find the poses for you, so you can see the .package files! They sure are vexing. I have collected the different poses from you other post as well. I have a few questions though. Does this pose affect more than two sims at a time? I mean is it a couple or a group pose situation? That may help. Also, do you need Andrew's pose player to see them or are they independent?
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited December 2016
    It happens with one or more. It is whenever a Sim sits on a chair or sofa. If one sits it does it if more than one does it also activates. Thank you, @Bananas_45 I really hope you can find it, thanks.

I am afraid I have to admit defeat this time @Jendowoz0612. Any suggestions on locating the file @rosemow? Would 50/50 work on poses?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello
    I think that you may need to test all your cc files one by one , to test to see which one is causing this to occur. If you have a lot of cc/mods, use the 50/50 method like Bananas_45 suggsted. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    You must have downloaded a pose that replaces the sit action. Usually it will say it will do so in the directions. I've looked over this before and when I would try to make my sims hug they would go through a series of poses. Find whatever sit poses you downloaded and check back to the cc creator to see if that pose is a replacement pose.

The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
    Thank you, @DiamondsR4ever I appreciate that.

• DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    You are welcome!
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Well it may have the word pose in the name so search for that key word in ur mods folder and remove those poses. Then see if any of them is that pose, if so then put them back I na few at a time
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
    Trouble is @ChloeDeCookie nearly all of them have that word included. I'd have to try a few and go through them one by one like you suggested. Thank you. :)

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 have u checked for any text files? Sone poses come with text files saying how they r used. But some dont. Do what I suggested first tho, only do this if u cant find it
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
    edited January 2017
    I finally found these after trying different word combinations on google. @Rosemow, @chesterbigbird @DiamondsR4ever @Bananas_45 and @ChloeDeCookie. They are "Kiru-Female Model Poses N7" and deleted them. There is nothing in the name or anywhere that indicates they are overrides, except where you download it. They are great poses but not every time a sim sits. Thanks everyone for your support and help.

Found them HERE

I am so happy that you resolved this! I was going crazy looking for those poses! How did you know that it was N7? I looked at that same set and dismissed it because I couldn't match all the poses.

Here is a link to existing CC functional bunk beds:
    http://modthesims.info/d/549937 You will need to be registered (free) with MTS to download
    edited January 2017
    I used very specific wording to search in google, @Bananas_45 and found them that way. Thanks for that link too, I've been looking for functional bunk beds.

Anytime!
    Lol! My post with the bunk-beds was meant for a different thread but, I am so happy you could use it!
    Even if it was, I was so pleased to get it, thank you, @Bananas_45

• cry0wr1ghtcry0wr1ght Posts: 16 Member
    Here is my two cents on this subject.

I had the same issue with annoying sitting poses, which I downloaded & installed yesterday. I didn't even know that some creators overwrite basic animations before this happened. That's why I didn't really pay attention to the descriptions of pose sets I was choosing from. Long story short, I put poses that caused trouble away and deleted them because they were just irritating me every time a sim would sit down.

But the trick is, poses which actually included overwritten animations hadn't something like "pose_pack", or at least "pose/poses" words in their .package files thus making them 2x harder to find in my Mods folder. It has more than 1000 files inside. I was a little bit ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ off at first because I removed all "pose" files and the issue remained. Good thing that I downloaded all poses in one day. Only thanks to that I was able to sort files by date and get rid of those unwanted quickly.

I tried looking for the original creator's post to find out if he/she did warn about overwritten animations, but I didn't manage. The creator turned out to be quite popular and trustworthy though, so I think I just didn't notice what I should have.

I'd like all pose creators to include words that help to indicate a pose set as long as they have the same .package format like other CC. It drives you nuts when you see an issue in game which was obviously caused by poses yet you can't locate them because their name is the same as any other CC would have.
    Here is my two cents on this subject.

I had the same issue with annoying sitting poses, which I downloaded & installed yesterday. I didn't even know that some creators overwrite basic animations before this happened. That's why I didn't really pay attention to the descriptions of pose sets I was choosing from. Long story short, I put poses that caused trouble away and deleted them because they were just irritating me every time a sim would sit down.

But the trick is, poses which actually included overwritten animations hadn't something like "pose_pack", or at least "pose/poses" words in their .package files thus making them 2x harder to find in my Mods folder. It has more than 1000 files inside. I was a little bit plum off at first because I removed all "pose" files and the issue remained. Good thing that I downloaded all poses in one day. Only thanks to that I was able to sort files by date and get rid of those unwanted quickly.

I tried looking for the original creator's post to find out if he/she did warn about overwritten animations, but I didn't manage. The creator turned out to be quite popular and trustworthy though, so I think I just didn't notice what I should have.

I'd like all pose creators to include words that help to indicate a pose set as long as they have the same .package format like other CC. It drives you nuts when you see an issue in game which was obviously caused by poses yet you can't locate them because their name is the same as any other CC would have.

You can change file names to whatever you want to make them easier to find in your Mods folder. Just right-click on the file name and choose rename. Or you can create file folders for your CC. Put sitting poses in one, standing in another.
    @Bananas_45 I know I can, and from now on, I do this with all pose packs I download. If creators would do that from the very beginning, that would be just easier.

Thanks for the advice anyways, but as I understand you also mean creating sub-folders for different poses? Usually that doesn't work for me. If I put any .package to any Mods' sub-folders, it seems to vanish from the game until I put it back. I'll give it a try though.
    Update: Found the creator. He/She doesn't warn anywhere that those poses are overrides.

I agree that asking them to name their pose files more accurately may be a debatable matter, as I can do it myself after all. But how can I tell if some pose pack contains overrides if creator doesn't even say that? I think that's just not nice. It's first time I face a problem like that... On the other hand, pose creating in TS4 kind of provokes to override basic animations in order to make your own, so, that's it.

I wrote this because I spent even more time to find poses which were messing with hug animations, too. Bad thing that other people are most likely not to know about this until it happens.