Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Cool, thank you! :D I really wanted to know more about Lizzie! You gonna make her a pet? Aww <3 I think cats would fit her well, but with her dislike for Cat, maybe she would prefer a dog XD
    Also shame on me, but only now I got the 4th question is about bags :D

I think it might be also nice if the author of the rotations would like to fill out something like this for their main character's story? But I can understand if it is too much trouble.

@candycottonchu I like that idea too, but no pressure to anyone. :)

You're welcome btw. I linked I think for question 4?!?

And we'll see if Lizzie ends up with a cat or dog. :p

i wasn't here this morning but looks around ..........i get to have cake for dinner. what are theese profile things you keep talking about?

looks around was looking for cathtea before i posted about cake but i had jellybeans for brakfast so why not cake for dinner.
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    edited April 2018
    @AdamsEve1231
    yes, exactly. I didn't understand it in the first one you did, for Kassie xD

@friendsfan367 AdamsEve1231 filled out a questionaire for her sims-character on her tumblr & linked it here before. I asked for Lizzie, to see more about her.
    I think it might be a good idea if the author's did that for their characters here, if they like to.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @friendsfan367 I filled out a "get to know my character" thing over on my Simblr. Here's Kass's post and today I posted my Simself's one.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @candycottonchu Oh haha. I misunderstood that. Lol. I thought you were referencing why Lizzie doesn't use bags with the proof in the chapter I linked to - the bubble bath in the back pocket.

Kass totally would doodle on a paper bag if she could.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @candycottonchu Oh haha. I misunderstood that. Lol. I thought you were referencing why Lizzie doesn't use bags with the proof in the chapter I linked to - the bubble bath in the back pocket.

Kass totally would doodle on a paper bag if she could.

nope, I just totally didn't get the question x.x
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231
    yes, exactly. I didn't understand it in the first one you did, for Kassie xD

@friendsfan367 AdamsEve1231 filled out a questionaire for her sims-character on her tumblr & linked it here before. I asked for Lizzie, to see more about her.
    I think it might be a good idea if the author's did that for their characters here, if they like to.

now that i know what it is i might do it for the benders.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I'd like that! I guess you'd do Ayden? I have a feeling he's your favourite :P
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I'd like that! I guess you'd do Ayden? I have a feeling he's your favourite :P

he is and whats worse is he knows it. i argue with him and he always wins because he knows i'll cave. no i'm not kidding i actually yell at the computer screen.
  • Options
    @Arrowleaf, @piazzagirl1015, @friendsfan367, @candycottonchu, @Maladi777

Hey everyone, checking in to see how reading is coming. Again, this is low pressure, so please don't feel like it's an absolute must to participate if you're busy. I just wanted to see how you're all doing (reading, Sims, life, otherwise). :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Hey everyone, checking in to see how reading is coming. Again, this is low pressure, so please don't feel like it's an absolute must to participate if you're busy. I just wanted to see how you're all doing (reading, Sims, life, otherwise). :)

i'm working on getting the benders out of generation 1 although i don't know why generation 2 is 3 times the drama.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

Hey. I'm all caught up on @candycottonchu's story, started reading yours from the start and I'm a bit torn about where to start reading @Piazzagirl1015's story. I hate to skip, I prefer to read from the start, but I can't promise to catch up in time for the discussion. I could jump straight to gen 4, but you know, skipping. Gives me anxiety. :# I feel bad not being able to contribute to any discussion yet because I'm not caught up. I'm in a pickle here. But, trust me, I'm like a slow mountain climber. I will conquer it all!!!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

Hey. I'm all caught up on @candycottonchu's story, started reading yours from the start and I'm a bit torn about where to start reading @Piazzagirl1015's story. I hate to skip, I prefer to read from the start, but I can't promise to catch up in time for the discussion. I could jump straight to gen 4, but you know, skipping. Gives me anxiety. :# I feel bad not being able to contribute to any discussion yet because I'm not caught up. I'm in a pickle here. But, trust me, I'm like a slow mountain climber. I will conquer it all!!!

were fairly relaxed here just read in the order you feel comfortable with and don't pressure yourself about being caught up. and general questions are okay they don't necssarliy have to be about the story.

my first 2 or 3 questions were about the writing process itself. i use this circle to see how other writers write. so just take your time and read what you can when you can. oh and have fun.
  • Options
    @Maladi I couldn't have said it better than @friendsfan367 said. :)

No need to start or jump to gen 4. In fact, the questions are usually vague and broad enough to answer along any point. The general rule of thumb is if you're going to share something from later in the series, a major plot point, etc. to use spoilers. So don't feel any pressure to catch up overnight. Feel free to start in gen 1. I think friendsfan is still in gen 1 too. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Sorry I'm posting these questions late but this has been a frustrating week. Last Saturday I said I had a unproductive yet very busy day, somehow that seemed to turn into a whole week. It wouldn't bother me so much if it were something big but its little unexpected things happening all at once. Today is the first day I had a minute to breathe.

I'm going to post the discussion questions for A Race Against Time anything up until the end of generation 4 (chapters 1-46) on this post.

@Maladi777 It's perfect fine with me if you start from the beginning. @AdamsEve1231 has created a very understanding group that takes the fact that our real lives do come first. You can answer the question to whichever point you get to in the story. I actually plan on getting a head start with your story today as you are next on the schedule.

@AdamsEve1231 @friendsfan367 @Arrowleaf @Maladi777 @candycottonchu

Discussion Questions-A Race Against Time anything up until the end of generation 4 (chapters 1-46)

Thank you to @AdamsEve1231 as she originally posted these questions. I'm just copying and pasting:

1) What do you think of the challenge aspect of this story? Would you attempt something similar?
    2) What predictions do you have for future generations? What would you like to see?
    3) Who is your favorite character?
    4) What's your favorite generation thus far?
    5) Do you have a favorite scene or image? Or both?
    6) What questions do you have for the writer?
  • Options
    @Maladi I couldn't have said it better than @friendsfan367 said. :)

No need to start or jump to gen 4. In fact, the questions are usually vague and broad enough to answer along any point. The general rule of thumb is if you're going to share something from later in the series, a major plot point, etc. to use spoilers. So don't feel any pressure to catch up overnight. Feel free to start in gen 1. I think friendsfan is still in gen 1 too. :)

oops i took your job again :)
  • Options
    Hey all! Just a little sign of me that I'm not mia yet.
    Sorry, real life caught me up a little too, and I don't have too much time.

@Piazzagirl1015 Sorry to hear that you have a busy life too atm. Thanks for posting the questions. I'll answer them as soon as I have more time, I don't want to go over them superficially.
  • Options
    Thanks @Piazzagirl1015 for posting. I'll try to get to chapter answers this week.

I've got big news. I landed my dream job today. I start Thursday so no more weird hours. I'll actually be a 9-to-5 gal for the most part. I'll still have an occasional weekend hour or two since I'm planning to stay on at my other part-time job through the summer (my boss is going on sabbatical) and I love my work there and it's possible to keep up and take this new job. All that said, I may be on here less. We'll see. I plan to keep up with writing/reading SimLit, but I wanted to let everyone know just in case I'm more MIA than normal.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Maladi777 apologies I haven't gotten this going sooner. It's been a crazy few days here.

@Piazzagirl1015, @friendsfan367, @candycottonchu, and @Arrowleaf if you haven't already, feel free to answer the questions posted by Piazzagirl for A Race Against Time.

Now we're moving into the middle-end of the first full week of reading on @Maladi777's Heffner Legacy . Feel free to start reading Maladi's story and finish up reading Piazzagirl's story at the same time. No rush. We're kind-of lax and loose here.

@Maladi777 do you have any preferences for what we should read or questions you'd like us to answer? We can also use the general questions from the first page here if you don't want to/don't have time to/or would prefer us to answer those.

Happy Simming, everyone!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Piazzagirl1015 I only read a few chapters of Gen 4, but I thought I'd try and answer some of your questions.
    1) What do you think of the challenge aspect of this story? Would you attempt something similar?
    I've mentioned this before but I really do like the challenge aspect. It's different than other challenges I've seen out there and I think you take a unique approach to it with the time travel aspect. I actually tried to find the Going Solo challenge and couldn't locate it.

2) What predictions do you have for future generations? What would you like to see?
    I predict more shenanigans and interference from the Altos. I'd love to see more Emit Relevart. He's a personal fave of mine and he shows up in my La Vita Bella story so I'm biased. :p

3) Who is your favorite character?
    You mean beside Emit? ;) I'm actually really enjoying this generation (4) thus far, and Sandi. I think she's brave and I like that she's willing to take on a dangerous career.

4) What's your favorite generation thus far?
    It's hard to pick. I like them all. I guess, at this juncture, I really enjoyed Rose's generation, mostly because she had so much going on and the craziness made everything that much more dramatic and entertaining.

5) Do you have a favorite scene or image? Or both?
    I have to say I cracked up laughing at this image... 4poe.jpg

6) What questions do you have for the writer?
    a) What inspires you to keep going when you're feeling unmotivated or you've hit writer's block?
    b) I'm not there yet, but you're in gen 7 but I'm curious... what has changed from the beginning of this challenge in terms of plot or direction or writing habits or any of the above?
    c) Have you ever been tempted to ret-con and change something because it would be easier or because you found a plot hole or problem in your writing?
    d)And I'd love to see you answer who your favorite character(s) is/are, favorite generation, and/or favorite scene/image to write/capture.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Maladi777 apologies I haven't gotten this going sooner. It's been a crazy few days here.

@Piazzagirl1015, @friendsfan367, @candycottonchu, and @Arrowleaf if you haven't already, feel free to answer the questions posted by Piazzagirl for A Race Against Time.

Now we're moving into the middle-end of the first full week of reading on @Maladi777's Heffner Legacy . Feel free to start reading Maladi's story and finish up reading Piazzagirl's story at the same time. No rush. We're kind-of lax and loose here.

@Maladi777 do you have any preferences for what we should read or questions you'd like us to answer? We can also use the general questions from the first page here if you don't want to/don't have time to/or would prefer us to answer those.

Happy Simming, everyone!

i got so excited i finally got to generaration 2 i forgot to read. sorry mal. i promise to read tomorrow morning so it will be cooler.
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited April 2018
    First of all congrats on landing the dream job, @AdamsEve1231 !

As for how to read my story. If you really don't want to read the whole thing, you can skip the first gen and read from the second one. That's where things start happening and have effect on the future chapters. But gen 1 isn't too long if you prefer no skipping like me.

You can use the general questions and if I come up with any additional ones I'll add them.

@friendsfan367 Ah, so it was you! I couldn't tell from the nickname on Weebly. Take your time.

I finished reading second gen of @Piazzagirl1015's story and will continue while everyone else reads the Heffners. I'll also answer questions to her story later when I have read more, if that's okay.

I have to say I'm enjoying the reading and being part of an active circle again.

Everyone have a great day!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    First of all congrats on landing the dream job, @AdamsEve1231 !

As for how to read my story. If you really don't want to read the whole thing, you can skip the first gen and read from the second one. That's where things start happening and have effect on the future chapters. But gen 1 isn't too long if you prefer no skipping like me.

You can use the general questions and if I come up with any additional ones I'll add them.

@friendsfan367 Ah, so it was you! I couldn't tell from the nickname on Weebly. Take your time.

I finished reading second gen of @Piazzagirl1015's story and will continue while everyone else reads the Heffners. I'll also answer questions to her story later when I have read more, if that's okay.

I have to say I'm enjoying the reading and being part of an active circle again.

Everyone have a great day!

actuallly when i read outside of wordpress i leave the comments here. because even if i edit so it doesn't show my real name it still posts my real name.

its overcast here today. so i can start reading tonight. i'm trying to catch up my writing while the benders are excited . they were perfectly happy in generation 1. so generation2 is exciting to write.