Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[#BuildNewcrest Challenge] Day 97

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Aww.. yay! An update. Finally got to read it on my lunch today.
    I liked the "magically clean" clothes section. :D

And the park looks great. I don't remember seeing the basketball courts before. It'll be sad when Joseph and Clarebear move on.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

So does @simscognito :grimace: S/he wants to get rid of their washer and dryer for real and see if they get "magically clean" like the Sims. :lol:

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

So does @simscognito :grimace: S/he wants to get rid of their washer and dryer for real and see if they get "magically clean" like the Sims. :lol:
    I wish. I have to do laundry. I haven't done any in almost 2 weeks since I've been so busy and our dryer bit the dust because a mouse died in the vent. :#

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited April 2018
    Playing Day 78 and I got this notification...

04-09-18_10-59-59-AM.png

*sigh* :cry: I can't believe it's coming so fast now.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @LegacySims2017
    Playing Day 79 and I got this notification...

04-09-18_10-59-59-AM.png

That's gotta be a weird feeling since it's your Simself. I'm no where near that quite yet in my story, but I imagine it'll be hard to let go. At least your Simself will live on in other stories. :) And Joseph's got good kids and grandkids to carry on the legacy.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @LegacySims2017
    Playing Day 79 and I got this notification...

04-09-18_10-59-59-AM.png

That's gotta be a weird feeling since it's your Simself. I'm no where near that quite yet in my story, but I imagine it'll be hard to let go. At least your Simself will live on in other stories. :) And Joseph's got good kids and grandkids to carry on the legacy.
    Yeah, it's going to be weird. I also got Clare's ( @Cbear13 ) notification. Juju and Karlo ( @pronterus ) are great parents to Angel, Noelle, and Xavier. Next chapter (which I am almost done with) we get to see Juju's two nieces ( spawned from @Simslover163 ) and nephew ( spawned from @MadameLee ) as toddlers. Grandpa Joseph will be happy as well to get to see his other grandkids for the first time before he passes.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 78

Juju gets to meet her two nieces (born from Hope and Patrick [ @Simslover163 ]) and nephew (born from Junior and Anne [ @MadameLee ]).

04-09-18_7-56-57-PM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Your legacy is going so well. As to moving on ... I undwrstand the trepidation... Ada and Laurent are close and I'm taking a short break to prepare myself. I mean they don't even have grandkids or anything...
    Your legacy is going so well. As to moving on ... I undwrstand the trepidation... Ada and Laurent are close and I'm taking a short break to prepare myself. I mean they don't even have grandkids or anything...

I think it also has to do with the fact that my sim selfie is a Founder. He's led a good life in my SimLit. I firmly believe he'll have a great Legacy. It's just going to be sad seeing him go.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    The latest chapter was cute! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    So, I know I am getting ahead of myself... but I was going through other challenges and looking at other writers ideas and came up with a type of sequel to my #BuildNewcrest SimLit.

My Generation 10 heir will have children like all others. However, the #BuildNewcrest Challenge will end when the Gen 10 heir completes their Aspiration.

But this will not end the story. Generation 11 heir will be given a mate to produce a child that will be a one Generation SimLit based on the #WonderChild Challenge. I want to attempt to make it a standalone where the reader does not have to read my #BuildNewcrest story to make sense. But those who have read it will see this as a sequel.

And from that will come a new Legacy where I will #RebuildWorld where “World” will be replaced with one of the other playable worlds. The lots will all be demolished and the #WonderChild will have to begin anew like #BuildNewcrest but with my own quests to rebuild it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Aww this was sweet.
    Nice seeing all the toddlers. The girls were adorable. Love the fact that they both have the same hairstyles. <3
    Aww this was sweet.
    Nice seeing all the toddlers. The girls were adorable. Love the fact that they both have the same hairstyles. <3
    True twins :wink:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited April 2018
    So, I know I am getting ahead of myself... but I was going through other challenges and looking at other writers ideas and came up with a type of sequel to my #BuildNewcrest SimLit.

My Generation 10 heir will have children like all others. However, the #BuildNewcrest Challenge will end when the Gen 10 heir completes their Aspiration.

But this will not end the story. Generation 11 heir will be given a mate to produce a child that will be a one Generation SimLit based on the #WonderChild Challenge. I want to attempt to make it a standalone where the reader does not have to read my #BuildNewcrest story to make sense. But those who have read it will see this as a sequel.

And from that will come a new Legacy where I will #RebuildWorld where “World” will be replaced with one of the other playable worlds. The lots will all be demolished and the #WonderChild will have to begin anew like #BuildNewcrest but with my own quests to rebuild it.

@LegacySims2017 What a great idea! Yep, I'm always thinking ahead to the future and what I can do to keep the Sims fresh and fun, but also what provides plenty of writing material. And I have a hard time letting go of Sims so I like continuing stories, even if they're spinoffs. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@LegacySims2017 What a great idea! Yep, I'm always thinking ahead to the future and what I can do to keep the Sims fresh and fun, but also what provides plenty of writing material. And I have a hard time letting go of Sims so I like continuing stories, even if they're spinoffs. :)

I want to incorporate @OJenn 's Rebuild: A Sims 4 Genetics and Build Challenge with some minor tweaks. I think seeing how the different types of genetics working together would be fun to test and play.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member

I love this idea. Plus from a reader's point of view it will be fun to see how much of the Newcrest founder is in the 10th + heirs. :)
    I love this idea. Plus from a reader's point of view it will be fun to see how much of the Newcrest founder is in the 10th + heirs. :)

Me too. I'm going to keep the new stories in the same timeline (and with MC Command Center, I can set it so the families continue to grow on their own without my help -- thus having Newcrest continue to prosper). I've got a Family Tree going through Family Echo. It's going to be very large. I'll most likely start a new Family Tree with the Wonder Child (as well as continue it on the Simself Legacy one.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

I want to incorporate @OJenn 's Rebuild: A Sims 4 Genetics and Build Challenge with some minor tweaks. I think seeing how the different types of genetics working together would be fun to test and play.

Oh I checked out @OJenn's Genetics challenge awhile ago, and thought it was a cool idea. I'd be curious to see what you'll do with it.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Loving this generation! Eager to see which of the boys takes up the torch.

Also, Joseph the third’s looks are impressive! Joseph Simself must have strong genes.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @LegacySims2017 @AdamsEve1231 I would love seeing others enjoying the challenge, its really about genetics and how they evolve over the course of generations. I would love to see you take on it!
    OJenn wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 @AdamsEve1231 I would love seeing others enjoying the challenge, its really about genetics and how they evolve over the course of generations. I would love to see you take on it!

Me too. My sim selfie’s genes with other sim selfies genes are amazing me. Gen 3 children look adorable IMHO. :grin:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    As I am working on the next chapter, I thought I would invite anyone who wanted to download my sim selfie cat, Dulcie.

Gallery ID: LegacySims2017 (look for Dulcinea under Household)
    Download Link: Click Me

Description: Dulcinea, Dulcie for short, is a version of LegacySims2017's real cat. In essence it is a pet sim selfie. May she bring cleverness, curiousity, and be territorial in your game.

Pictures:
    00.jpg

01.jpg

Fine Print: If you like Dulcie, please consider nominating her for a Maxis Curate by clicking here. Thank you so much!

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited May 2018
    Ignore! :blush:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Ignore! :blush:
    nothin10.jpg

Lol...
    giphy.gif

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest