Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More districts on the map

It would be neat if each map/city received more districts to them. (A district is the surrounding area accessible when you are on a lot).

The current maps are too small. I'm running out of lots! Therefore, each map could use a few more districts added to them, and those districts will contain several lots within them.

I don't think this should be too hard to implement, as it is simply creating a new district and then adding it to the map drawing. I think this is a very reasonable idea, and can alleviate dissatisfaction with the small maps.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They can't "add" to old maps. They are the way they are. If you could add a neighborhood with 4 or 5 lots to each world, that would increase the max number of sims, loading times, etc. causing problems with some players machines. Four lots in one world could add as many as 32 new sims so, that's 192 new possible sims per save, that would affect older machines greatly.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They can't "add" to old maps. They are the way they are. If you could add a neighborhood with 4 or 5 lots to each world, that would increase the max number of sims, loading times, etc. causing problems with some players machines. Four lots in one world could add as many as 32 new sims so, that's 192 new possible sims per save, that would affect older machines greatly.

I disagree. Because of the closed map system, there is only one active district at one time. The developers are adding new maps, and that does not create a problem.

These new lots can be used for community or residential. New districts should not be a burden on computers. I don't think a sim overload should be a problem either. If it is, we have control over how many sims are in our game.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I would love to have more lots! It is quite frustrating when I rebuild a town and want to add more community lots because I end up having only four or five houses for my Sims to live in... my solution for now is to place two buildings on the same lot. A Townhall and a Church, two family houses, a cafe and a pool, etc.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • monochromaticmonochromatic Posts: 25 Member
    I wish the 'fake' buildings and scenery were places you could actually go to. Even if some were just rabbit holes or something... I want to explore everything. :P So yeah, I would like more districts.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I disagree. Because of the closed map system, there is only one active district at one time. The developers are adding new maps, and that does not create a problem.

These new lots can be used for community or residential. New districts should not be a burden on computers. I don't think a sim overload should be a problem either. If it is, we have control over how many sims are in our game.

Yes, you play in one neighborhood at a time, but you load one entire save with every world and every sim and every lot. When they dropped C&D, they upped the specs because of this very issue. If you add one more neighborhood to every world, that's more than would come in a new world in a new EP. But the point is mute because they do not backup and add to existing worlds.
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I would love to have more lots! It is quite frustrating when I rebuild a town and want to add more community lots because I end up having only four or five houses for my Sims to live in... my solution for now is to place two buildings on the same lot. A Townhall and a Church, two family houses, a cafe and a pool, etc.

Exactly! The lack of lots is quite frustrating. I am now knocking down existing buildings to accommodate my custom built buildings.
  • nrichard680nrichard680 Posts: 17 Member
    > @Anthonydyer said:
    > Amandèle wrote: »
    >
    > I would love to have more lots! It is quite frustrating when I rebuild a town and want to add more community lots because I end up having only four or five houses for my Sims to live in... my solution for now is to place two buildings on the same lot. A Townhall and a Church, two family houses, a cafe and a pool, etc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Exactly! The lack of lots is quite frustrating. I am now knocking down existing buildings to accommodate my custom built buildings.

@Anthonydyer +1 on that
    I only need one gym, one library, one spa and one museum, so I put all three in MP. That frees up all those lots in WC, OS, etc, for me to use in any way I choose.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    > @"Amandèle" said:
    > I would love to have more lots! It is quite frustrating when I rebuild a town and want to add more community lots because I end up having only four or five houses for my Sims to live in... my solution for now is to place two buildings on the same lot. A Townhall and a Church, two family houses, a cafe and a pool, etc.

I wish when we add two houses to a lot that we can designate families that are only allowed in their own set homes. Or we could choose our lot size like we could in Sims 3. I like small lots and have very little use for huge honking ones that are mandatory in the neighborhoods.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It would be neat if each map/city received more districts to them. (A district is the surrounding area accessible when you are on a lot).

The current maps are too small. I'm running out of lots! Therefore, each map could use a few more districts added to them, and those districts will contain several lots within them.

I don't think this should be too hard to implement, as it is simply creating a new district and then adding it to the map drawing. I think this is a very reasonable idea, and can alleviate dissatisfaction with the small maps.

When the game was released, I can't remember exactly what was said by the gurus but I interpreted it as if this was going to be a thing, the expanding existing worlds. At the beginning they were very vague and misleading and so many things they said were just dismissed with "things changed" or just never spoken about again that I kind of forgot about this.

But yeah, it would be great.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    You don't need that many community lots. One library, one gym, one spa, one museum, etc. If you want different restaurants, have one restaurant lot and download the different restaurants as you want to eat at them, steak house, seafood, diner, etc. Keep them in your library and place them as you want your sim to eat at that type of restaurant.

If you use Newcrest as a "community" city world with only community lots for a gym, library, museum, restaurants and retail, that frees up all those lots in other worlds to be residential lots. I did this in one save and have some beautiful lofts above old warehouses in Willow Creek on the water.

I wish when we add two houses to a lot that we can designate families that are only allowed in their own set homes.

Funny story related to this. I attempted something like this in Sims 3. I had two sets of people who lived in a two family home. However, Sims 3 doesn't have the ability to assign apartments to two different families. To get around this, I locked the front door for everyone except for the ones I "assigned" to the apartment. My sims spent their entire day trying to get into the other apartment, so I had to go back on that quick.

So in order to do this, the game would have to have a structure that assigns apartments to certain sims.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think that Magnolia Promenade was supposed to fit Willow Creek, but they didnt found a way to add It without corrupting the saves...
    Karon wrote: »
    I think that Magnolia Promenade was supposed to fit Willow Creek, but they didnt found a way to add It without corrupting the saves...

I don't think MP was ever supposed to be an actual part of WC, but just resemble it. We have other small worlds that came in various packs. I think MP was meant to add a shopping district as not to use up an already small number of lots in WC.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I think I'm going to use Newcrest as a world to put all the community lots.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    If only it was that way I was hoping Sims 4 would go Sims 1 style and expand on its extremely small worlds but when they failed to add Magnolia Promenade to Willow Creek where it belongs all hope on that was lost. Another huge failure was not adding the police station and hospital to the worlds and instead making them their own mini games world of their own they truly failed when creating this game by not being able to expand it in any meaningful way.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"