March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"A Vampire Is Breaking In" is making me crazy, and my sims.

13...Next

Comments

• MerlinherkMerlinherk Posts: 38 Member
    Can you plant garlic around house or put religious icons up to keep vampires away. Would think if vamps in game there way scare off?
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Merlinherk wrote: »
    Can you plant garlic around house or put religious icons up to keep vampires away. Would think if vamps in game there way scare off?

I'm pretty sure you can make garlic wreaths to scare off the vampires (I can't tell you one hundred percent though if this works I just think it does based on what I've read)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Merlinherk wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you can make garlic wreaths to scare off the vampires (I can't tell you one hundred percent though if this works I just think it does based on what I've read)

Garlic does indeed repel vampires unless they have garlic immunity (which they won't gain autonomously).

• Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hey guys, I just created a new mod, but since I never had this situation so far with the vampire break-in while my Sim was out of the house, I need some people who are willing to test this mod. Please give it a try and tell me if you are able to get away from wherever you are. So far these two tuning files for the nighttime visit are the only ones that have the save-lock for the sentence "You cannot do this while a vampire is breaking in" I deleted this bit and wonder if this would do the trick.

Please let me know once you had some time to test it!

Download
    Post edited by Tanja1986 on
  • RachyRooRachyRoo Posts: 3 New Member
    This just happened to me while my sims were at a restaurant on a date. They paid the check and were about to leave but then I noticed they couldn't. I saw the vampire nearby, so I clicked on him and said "add to group" then I clicked on the ground across the street and said "Go here with group". As soon as the vampire was off the lot, we were able to leave the lot.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Braaaaaahaaaaaheeee I love it that my vampire can break in on sleeping sims. But, of course I have an evil, vampire sim reaping mayhem upon sim towns. >:)
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Auto woohoo hasn't been nerfed in my game. All my couples go at it randomly. However for vampires, I highly recommend an anti-vampire mat. Put it on your front porch and'or under your bed. Works just like garlic. I have yet to have a vampire make it past my front door before running away:

http://mysims4blog.blogspot.com/2017/01/functional-anti-vamp-door-mats-by.html?m=1
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    What makes this even worse is I have a vampire on a lot fishing and even he can't leave the lot while a vampire is breaking into the building I selected. I have no idea who the vampire is because my vampire is a good vampire living a normal life (kind of like Bewitched but as a vampire -- not a witch). It's now 6:34 AM Sim time and still nothing. I'm going to have to leave the game without saving. Ugh! Really??!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    lele62 wrote: »
    What makes this even worse is I have a vampire on a lot fishing and even he can't leave the lot while a vampire is breaking into the building I selected. I have no idea who the vampire is because my vampire is a good vampire living a normal life (kind of like Bewitched but as a vampire -- not a witch). It's now 6:34 AM Sim time and still nothing. I'm going to have to leave the game without saving. Ugh! Really??!!

Hello
    The issue of vampires breaking into community lots was fixed in a patch, but it is still affecting some simmers.
    It would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampire-breaking-in-on-community-lots/m-p/5843293#M33431
  • rusaiochk1arusaiochk1a Posts: 2 New Member
    Vampire break-ins are actually the reason why my sims rarely leave their house. As soon as I accept an invite to a pub or nightclub, etc, I almost always get stuck there because of a vampire.

It happens so often in my game, I'm probably gonna end up downloading a mod to get rid of it because I hate the vampires. I only bought the pack for the town and build items.