Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are JA and MFPS worth it ?

I own all of the dlcs because it drives me crazy to not own them all but Jungle Adventure and My First Pet Stuff are the only packs i’ve been borderline on buying. Thoughts ?

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've been enjoyng JA since it came out. So I definitely think that one is worth it. Didn't want MFPS and didn't buy it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yes to JA and no to MFPS. The new stuff pack is a blatant a rip off for a long list of reasons you can find all over this forum, and even youtubers critiques, but some simmers really wanted a hamster that bad.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have them both and enjoy them both.
    I guess I'm one of those simmers that just wanted a hamster that bad. Oh wait, no I made a decision and like the pack.. the rodents.. the disease process and death. OMG I can think for myself, amaze-tastic.
    egTcBMc.png
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I mean ultimately it's up to you. you decide if they're worth the dollars or not. I don't own JA (plan on it tho!) but it seems like a fun addition with good build/buy. I do own MFP and like the new pets as well as the added pet items (new food bowls are my fav). I would consider them both worth their dollars but that's for me personally. plenty of people disagree and that's cause worth is pretty subjective. just wait on 'em if you're floundering. they'll have to go on sale EVENTUALLY.
    6riwm5.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    They're both worth it to me, but there are plenty of videos out there about them if you want all the details first. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I suggest watching gameplay videos and deciding on your own based on that.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    JA is totally worth it! It's a great game pack and actually feels really big.
    MFP is not worth the full price. If I was you I would wait for it to go on sale.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Highly recommend Jungle Adventures. It feels large in game play and has neat features.
    My first pet stuff... If you really want small pets???
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    JA is definitely worth it :love: it is one of my fav TS4 packs.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Buy JA. It's soo worth it, the world is amazing the new skills and new ways of making money. The temple changes and is actually pretty fun and the build and buy items are incredible and beautifully done.

The hamster pack. I haven't really used yet besides the new beds. The stuff is cute but I recommend you watching videos on that and see how much you want it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2018
    JA totally. MFPS totally not worth.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If you have Cats & Dogs, MFP might be worth an investment because the furniture coordinates well with that pack, especially in kids' rooms. And the small animal is kind of cute.

JA I'd definitely get -- even if you only have a few of your Sims do the adventure the Build mode options are beautiful, and if you're a millenial you need the avocado trees for proper avocado toast. B) (They should have added avocado toast and guacamole as new recipes.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I've been having a blast with Jungle Adventures. It definitely adds a little bit of challenge and risk if you're looking for that kind of thing. The jungle is absolutely awesome and is now my very favorite of all the maps, I just wish my Sims could live there. The temple exploration is fun and I enjoy it more when I pick a random Sim to figure out a trap, instead of choosing the one with the proper skills. That way, there's a higher risk of it triggering and endangering my Sims. But if you like to play a safer game, there are certainly ways to prepare and get around the dangers.

I also love the new archaeology skill, curses and culture of Selvadorada. The new dance moves are great, and I find the environment to be very immersive. It's a great pack if you just want your Sims to take an exotic vacation and take a lot of beautiful pictures.

I highly recommend this pack. :)
    #Team Occult
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    JA is okay and MFSP is something you going to have see for yourself by looking videos or reviews as posted in some threads. I am not buying it because it does not interest me even with the fish table. You can also check JA through reviews and videos.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    So glad you raised this OP as I've been wondering. I'm waiting for when they go on sale. I think it's fair considering I've purchased most of the others full price. I am craving the Latin pop radio station but I will resist temptation! ;)
    HSau :)
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Bored with JA after a few trips but it gave me hours of gameplay. No interest at all in MFSP - I want small pets, but not one type for $10.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Ja definitely worth but dont know about mfps since I didn't buy it. It is the first pack that I don't have.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I always go on the principle of buy it before it becomes unavailable so it is up to you. If you like building, JA has some nice new windows and brickwork and MFSP is quite sweet in its' way but a question of taste.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I have neither, but I would say JA is probably worth buying. I'm just waiting on a sale to get that one, it actually looks good and like they took their time to think it out a bit more than usual. MFPS is just an automatic no for me. I will never support buying DLC for DLC.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I am really enjoying JA. Both playing in the jungle and using the objects in the other parts of the world. The Build items are awesome IMO. I probably use things from that pack the most right now. I'm one of those people that have C&D but not MFPS. There wasn't anything in it that I wanted. It's the first pack I don't have.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2018
    Just like to add that I am currently redecorating some old builds and am surprised how many of the build objects and items I like that have come from these two packs. The walls from JA make lovely bathrooms and the kitchen stuff is great for my rebuilt kitchens. I've even found a place for my hamster on the upstairs balcony.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2018
    I would say JA is; if your are into a Mayan style of gameplay and a bit of jungle exploration. But I'm not so sure about My First Pet Stuff. I haven't really seem any fun gameplay with that one yet. But it is just a Stuff Pack, so I don't expect to see a whole lot of fun gameplay with that. But that's just me.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Jungle Adventure is absolutely worth it in my opinion! The BB is fantastic and they even took players' feedback into account and added a couple of things via patch that were missing from BB. Maybe the "adventure" part itself doesn't have a long term playability, but the world to go on a break and learn about a new culture is another aspect that makes Selvadorada feel fresh. It is also very pretty and it is overall a lot of fun.

About My First Pet, I would recommend you to go to the Stuff Packs side of the forums and read on some threads there. I already voiced my opinion a million times at this point, but bottom line is, no, it is not worth it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.