Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendships/Relationships Diminishing For No Reason?

For the past couple of nights, things have been happening with my characters' relationships that I just can't understand.

Example #1:
Brenda Dismond has relationships with numerous people and while in the local bar, she would be sitting on the couch having a drink or washing her hands in the bathroom when suddenly the friendship she has with a woman who is currently at the bar talking with others diminishes slightly. Nothing mean was said or done to condone this. Brenda has the Serial Romantic and Beloved trait.

Example #2:
Mika and Kaitlyn have been married for weeks and last night, their whims were saying "Embrace Kaitlyn", "Kiss Mika", "Woohoo with Mika" yet whenever you tried to get them to do anything romantic, they kept knocking it back. Then out of the blue, they're kissing and when you tell Mika to hold her hands or offer a rose, it gets knocked back. Their Romance bar was probably 3/4 full and now it's completely empty. Why would it be doing this? THEY'RE MARRIED!!!
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    For the past couple of nights, things have been happening with my characters' relationships that I just can't understand.

Example #1:
    Brenda Dismond has relationships with numerous people and while in the local bar, she would be sitting on the couch having a drink or washing her hands in the bathroom when suddenly the friendship she has with a woman who is currently at the bar talking with others diminishes slightly. Nothing mean was said or done to condone this. Brenda has the Serial Romantic and Beloved trait.

Example #2:
    Mika and Kaitlyn have been married for weeks and last night, their whims were saying "Embrace Kaitlyn", "Kiss Mika", "Woohoo with Mika" yet whenever you tried to get them to do anything romantic, they kept knocking it back. Then out of the blue, they're kissing and when you tell Mika to hold her hands or offer a rose, it gets knocked back. Their Romance bar was probably 3/4 full and now it's completely empty. Why would it be doing this? THEY'RE MARRIED!!!

@SimGuruNick can you look into this? Sounds like a bug.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Here's the kicker. Decided to play Mika and Kaitlyn's house last night and with a full romance bar empty, all of their romantic actions were very well received by each other, right to the bedroom.
    2quwd7.gif

• MrDuckMrDuck Posts: 15 Member
    I've noticed this a lot too, I never looked into as I thought it was just a visual bug, I only notice mine when I switch characters in a household or if a sim gets in/out of bed. But did wonder why there was negative friendship points appearing randomly, glad I'm not the only one experimenting this.
    I will update this post if I find any new information that hasn't already been mentioned above.
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @adamclark83 @MrDuck Are you guys seeing this issue on PS4 or Xbox? We can investigate, thanks much for the info!
  • MrDuckMrDuck Posts: 15 Member
    > @SimGuruNick said:
    > @adamclark83 @MrDuck Are you guys seeing this issue on PS4 or Xbox? We can investigate, thanks much for the info!

Appreciate the response! Me personally I have this issue on Xbox (Xbox One X to be precise).
    I have the PS4 version. The diminishing friendship happened just the other night without explanation, and no indication who it was with.
    2quwd7.gif

• RhinoRhino Posts: 14 New Member
    Maybe your relationships were culled?
    This happened last night too with Annabeth Linares. She was at The Blue Velvet and she became involved with both Belinda Sands and Bella Goth's ghost. Annabeth became romantic with Bella then Belinda and all of sudden her friendship with Bella went down for no reason. She has both the "Beloved" and "Serial Romantic" traits.
    2quwd7.gif

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    I had that happen with a sim and her stepson. Since they're both aliens, I assumed Vaughn got mischievous and used erase memories on his stepmother while I wasn't controlling them.

But then I saw it happen again with two human sims. They're still married, still soulmates and best friends, but Saya has forgotten all of Eli's traits.
    image.png