Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery won't open?

amandaneunamandaneun Posts: 107 Member
edited April 2018 in PC - Technical Discussions
I'm very frustrated. My gallery has always worked just fine and has never given me any problems, but for some reason after installing TS2 yesterday, when I went back to TS4, I kept getting told to "connect to the internet" when I'd try to open the gallery. It's telling me I have no connection, when I obviously do. I'm online and connected in Origin. My internet isn't giving me any issues, everything else is loading great. It's just the Sims and the Gallery. I feel like I've tried everything. I uninstalled TS2, I uninstalled and re-installed Origin twice, I took my mods/cc folder out of the game, I exited to the desktop mid-game to log into the web version of the gallery, I cleared my Origin/Sims/Browser cache files, I ran the CC cleaner, I "repaired" the game, I've restarted my computer five times, I've made sure Origin could get through the firewall. Nothing is working and I'm quite upset since I rely heavily on the gallery to download lots. I don't know what else to do. I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else? I don't want to uninstall the game. :disappointed:

This is what happens when I open the gallery - the images don't load, then I get told to connect.

tumblr_p7cecfCO0E1s8amcjo1_1280.png
tumblr_p7cecfCO0E1s8amcjo2_1280.png
tumblr_inline_p7cef44n5A1ri47l1_540.png
tumblr_inline_p7cef9PcbQ1ri47l1_540.png
“... and when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.”
― Ruskin Bond, Scenes from a Writer's Life

large.jpg

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Go to Windows Update on your computer and make sure that your computer is uptodate.

If you are using a laptop, try going to another location such as a library that has free wifi, and see if you still have the gallery issues.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    @amandaneun Was it trying to download today's Patch for Sims4 and did you remove your CC etc., etc.

• dctf344dctf344 Posts: 21 Member
    This happened to me yesterday and now I am unable to log into Origin. Origin login says "Online login is currently unavailable".
    GHNQUEs.png
    edited April 2018
    dctf344 wrote: »
    This happened to me yesterday and now I am unable to log into Origin. Origin login says "Online login is currently unavailable".

Hello.
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, and try to log into Origin, and see if the issue remains.

Check that your firewall isn’t causing issues. Try disabling Windows Defender .

Go to Windows Update on your computer and make sure that your computer is uptodate.
    I've done that a couple of times, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, turned off the firewall. My game played fine prior to this, no issues at all. While playing I noticed I could not get into the gallery, it was telling me I was offline, so I closed the game, cleared the cache, rebooted and have not been able to get in since.
    GHNQUEs.png
  • amandaneunamandaneun Posts: 107 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

If you are using a laptop, try going to another location such as a library that has free wifi, and see if you still have the gallery issues.

Did the first suggestion, restarted after to "update" my Windows, and now I'm back in @dctf344's boat. Getting told online login is currently unavailable for Origin.

I fixed Origin earlier by right clicking the icon on the desktop and running as administrator. It didn't work the first few times, but eventually did. Will try that again, then try to see if the Gallery will open when I'm connected to my school's wifi.

Thank you @rosemow.

large.jpg
    amandaneun wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello

Did the first suggestion, restarted after to "update" my Windows, and now I'm back in @dctf344's boat. Getting told online login is currently unavailable for Origin.

I fixed Origin earlier by right clicking the icon on the desktop and running as administrator. It didn't work the first few times, but eventually did. Will try that again, then try to see if the Gallery will open when I'm connected to my school's wifi.

Thank you @rosemow.

I hope that right clicking the desktop icon and running as administrator will help you log into Origin.
    > @rosemow said:
    > dctf344 wrote: »
    >
    > This happened to me yesterday and now I am unable to log into Origin. Origin login says "Online login is currently unavailable".
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, and try to log into Origin, and see if the issue remains.
    >
    > Check that your firewall isn’t causing issues. Try disabling Windows Defender .
    >
    > Go to Windows Update on your computer and make sure that your computer is uptodate.

Computer is up to date, tried disabling Windows Defender, I was in game playing when the issues started, game was playing fine other then the connection issues. No problems with the internet on my end.
    GHNQUEs.png
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > This happened to me yesterday and now I am unable to log into Origin. Origin login says "Online login is currently unavailable".
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, and try to log into Origin, and see if the issue remains.
    >
    > Check that your firewall isn’t causing issues. Try disabling Windows Defender .
    >
    > Go to Windows Update on your computer and make sure that your computer is uptodate.

Computer is up to date, tried disabling Windows Defender, I was in game playing when the issues started, game was playing fine other then the connection issues. No problems with the internet on my end.

Try seeing if right clicking the desktop icon and running as administrator will help you log into Origin.

Doing what is suggested in this thread may also help
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p/5019298
    Did a system restore (back to my computer's state three days ago). Origin gave me no issues with loading or logging in, which is a start. Gallery still wasn't loading though. So I installed TunnelBear (a VPN), changed my location to Canada, and viola -- it loaded.

I'm convinced my IP is blocked.

Earlier today I could not access any EA sites (help, contact us, log in) on my phone while connected to my home wifi. I disconnected and used my phone's data, and what happens? Everything loads.

Sucks I have to use a VPN but I'm glad I found a fix to get it working after so many hours!

I've just downloaded several new sims and lots, then disconnected from Tunnelbear as the data is limited. Now let's see if the gallery still works with it disconnected. Doubt it.

But thank you again @rosemow!

large.jpg
    Simburian wrote: »
    @amandaneun Was it trying to download today's Patch for Sims4 and did you remove your CC etc., etc.

Oh I'm late, I didn't see this, sorry. But no, it was before the patch. And I did remove all my CC, but the problem continued. I've temporarily fixed it for now.

large.jpg
    As I figured, It doesn't work without the VPN.

From now on, any time I want to download new lots and such, I'll just enable Tunnelbear to access the gallery, then disable when I'm done.

That's my fix. :smile:

large.jpg
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > dctf344 wrote: »
    > >
    > > This happened to me yesterday and now I am unable to log into Origin. Origin login says "Online login is currently unavailable".
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > > Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, and try to log into Origin, and see if the issue remains.
    > >
    > > Check that your firewall isn’t causing issues. Try disabling Windows Defender .
    > >
    > > Go to Windows Update on your computer and make sure that your computer is uptodate.
    >
    > Computer is up to date, tried disabling Windows Defender, I was in game playing when the issues started, game was playing fine other then the connection issues. No problems with the internet on my end.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try seeing if right clicking the desktop icon and running as administrator will help you log into Origin.
    >
    > Doing what is suggested in this thread may also help

I've run it as an administrator, tried all the different versions of windows, found that link last night (had to remove the link to post) and tried all that. On down detector, other folks have reported issues in my area, so hoping problem fixes itself soon. Thanks for the help though!
    GHNQUEs.png
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > dctf344 wrote: »
    > >
    > > This happened to me yesterday and now I am unable to log into Origin. Origin login says "Online login is currently unavailable".
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > > Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, and try to log into Origin, and see if the issue remains.
    > >
    > > Check that your firewall isn’t causing issues. Try disabling Windows Defender .
    > >
    > > Go to Windows Update on your computer and make sure that your computer is uptodate.
    >
    > Computer is up to date, tried disabling Windows Defender, I was in game playing when the issues started, game was playing fine other then the connection issues. No problems with the internet on my end.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try seeing if right clicking the desktop icon and running as administrator will help you log into Origin.
    >
    > Doing what is suggested in this thread may also help

I've run it as an administrator, tried all the different versions of windows, found that link last night (had to remove the link to post) and tried all that. On down detector, other folks have reported issues in my area, so hoping problem fixes itself soon. Thanks for the help though!

I hope that the issues with the server in your area fixes itself up very soon. It may be better later today or tomorrow, depending on where you live.