Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many saves can console have?

I was just wondering if anyone could confirm for me how many saves we can have on console? I saw someone before say it was five, but I'm not sure if that's true. I currently only have one save I've been playing, but I want to make some more soon and might have to plan around the limit, if that's true.
Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
- Origin ID: PolluxSims -

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No idea.I have 4 currently.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I was just wondering if anyone's found the answer to this yet? I still only have two saves myself lol.
  • I pretty sure it's 5 because that's how many I have and it won't let me make any more lol.
    I pretty sure it's 5 because that's how many I have and it won't let me make any more lol.

Darn, that's what I was afraid of :( Thanks for answering!
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Wow only 5 saves? That's unfortunate. I play on PC and couldn't imagine having to pick five saves only!
    edited January 2018
    Wow only 5 saves? That's unfortunate. I play on PC and couldn't imagine having to pick five saves only!

not for me. perfectly happy playing one save at a time. my other sims are still in the houses I left them in :)
    But honestly its not really a suprise to me playing it on console.

marcel21 wrote: »

not for me. perfectly happy playing one save at a time. my other sims are still in the houses I left them in :)

The thing for me is that I tend to switch between saves a lot when I'm bored, and I had quite a few in mind to do. Different challenges like 100 Baby and Legacy and things like that. This is why I'm saving to buy a new computer on to play there lol.
    edited January 2018
    PolluxSims wrote: »

The thing for me is that I tend to switch between saves a lot when I'm bored, and I had quite a few in mind to do. Different challenges like 100 Baby and Legacy and things like that. This is why I'm saving to buy a new computer on to play there lol.

I mean I am constantly playing sims in different household building up

At A time 3 different skills per sim, if not more.
    And I have up to 4 sims in each
    With
    5 households I created and updated

Building up careers
    Friendships
    Family tree
    Toddlers and kids included
    Not to mentions I keep adding to there house in build and buy.

With all this I am constantly overwriting my saves.

I might bey playing one then switching between the other family's.

I just keep overwrite saves with each family as and when I play them and want to save.
    The way they have designed the towns. I am glad that I can move freely from town to town never needing to have to make
    Multiple saves than the past games.

I just alter the setting on unplayed family's.

You can do most you listed above still simply by playing from household to household in the same save tho?

Yeah if you feel you will be happier with the PC version for more saves
    then yes might be better for you. I just
    Feel you can do all that in even one save even tho, we get 5 that I feel is more than enough to do what you do in the game its a shame if you can't work around.

I miss CC/mods and the gallery so much and will always have to go back to PC if I want to use them.
    But saves are fine.

Post edited by marcel21 on

@marcel21 I get what you're saying, but I never really play more than one household per save. I have a few rotational saves I'd like to do once I get a new PC, it's not something I really plan to do with console though.
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    Since I can't seem to post a new topic, guess I'll highjack this one.

My cousin and I were wondering if it's possible to put our saved files on a USB drive and share our characters and builds. I'm a builder, he is not. I want to give him the properties I made. And since for whatever reason console games don't have the community downloads. Looking for a work around.
    edited January 2018
    shotbyron wrote: »

My cousin and I were wondering if it's possible to put our saved files on a USB drive and share our characters and builds. I'm a builder, he is not. I want to give him the properties I made. And since for whatever reason console games don't have the community downloads. Looking for a work around.

That's actually an interesting thought. I can't say for sure whether it'd work, but I think it'd be worth trying. My advice? Make sure you keep an extra copy of your saves somewhere first before trying, either on a second USB drive or something like that. Because I'm not sure if sharing saves between games like that could mess up any ones you already have, if that makes sense? If you Google how to put saves onto a USB drive from whatever console you're using, it should come up.

Also, you have to have a certain amount of posts until you become a Member and can make your own topics. You'll have to keep hijacking others in the meantime :P
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    > @PolluxSims said:
    > shotbyron wrote: »
    >
    > Since I can't seem to post a new topic, guess I'll highjack this one.
    >
    > My cousin and I were wondering if it's possible to put our saved files on a USB drive and share our characters and builds. I'm a builder, he is not. I want to give him the properties I made. And since for whatever reason console games don't have the community downloads. Looking for a work around.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's actually an interesting thought. I can't say for sure whether it'd work, but I think it'd be worth trying. My advice? Make sure you keep an extra copy of your saves somewhere first before trying, either on a second USB drive or something like that. Because I'm not sure if sharing saves between games like that could mess up any ones you already have, if that makes sense? If you Google how to put saves onto a USB drive from whatever console you're using, it should come up.
    >
    > Also, you have to have a certain amount of posts until you become a Member and can make your own topics. You'll have to keep hijacking others in the meantime :P

Yeah hopefully it works. I love building! But kinda pointless when nobody to share with ha
    edited January 2018
    @marcel21 I get what you're saying, but I never really play more than one household per save. I have a few rotational saves I'd like to do once I get a new PC, it's not something I really plan to do with console though.

why is that?
    for me I like to add some of my own sims and lots to the town during my current save.

If I don't I will have nothing but spawned townies and EA familys and lots :#

There never used to be many kids or toddlers before i started doing this.

do you like to use your own lots and familys in your town?

of course if that's what works best for you thats all that matters.

I have decided to switch to ps4 myself. as I find they did a pretty good port this time around.
    but if they don't get up some form of gallery I might end up switing back.

What are your fears if you attemp it only when you return to PC?

edited January 2018
    I wouldent say building was pointless. the same goes for creating sims or building rooms.

its useful to saves them to use or change later.

well hopefully we will get some news on a studio or gallery.

i could build and show lots for fun i guess simply by taking screenshots.

same goes for sims and created rooms.

or make avitars

why is that?
    for me I like to add some of my own sims and lots to the town during my current save.

If I don't I will have nothing but spawned townies and EA familys and lots :#

There never used to be many kids or toddlers before i started doing this.

do you like to use your own lots and familys in your town?

of course if that's what works best for you thats all that matters.

I have decided to switch to ps4 myself. as I find they did a pretty good port this time around.
    but if they don't get up some form of gallery I might end up switing back.

What are your fears if you attemp it only when you return to PC?

I don't really add my own things when I play, I just let the game generate townies. I never really go in and make anyone have kids (except for my 100 Baby Challenge I did.) I like to build but I like to download lots as well, it's just easier. Plus I miss having CC and mods, it's getting boring with all my Sims wearing the same things as each other v.v

And do you mean my fears of rotational gameplay? I don't have any, I just think it'll be easier on PC.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Unfortunately content can’t be transferred from PC to console. You will have to rebuild your lots and Sims using the console tools.
  • NineyNiney Posts: 341 Member
    5 Saves max. I was shocked too
    8D254E7C-6319-4EC6-BB93-06A4E6EB63DD.jpg
  • MoonBaby0803MoonBaby0803 Posts: 34 Member
    Dang. I've been playing on two but ones useless does anyone know how I can delete one?
  • RhinoRhino Posts: 14 New Member
    5... you have to overwrite another save game to make a 6th game.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    On PS4, you can only have up to 5 saved games at one time. Which is more than I can say for Fallout 4 on PS4 right now. I can have only 1 saved game on it before the game won't save anymore. But I did try to have at least 6 saved games on Sims 4 for the PS4 and the Sims 4 wouldn't let me save until I have deleted another save entirely. I can't prove this, but I think that the limited amount of saved games that one can have for Sims 4 on PS4 might have something to do with Sony's restriction that they have placed on PS4. I don't hear much about Sony's restriction on the PS4 here in the Sims community. But I do hear about it a lot in the Fallout 4 community.
    Don't know about Xbox One since I do not have Sims 4 on Xbox one.
  • SourFruit7SourFruit7 Posts: 1 New Member
    You can only only have five. I keep on making new households and then to save I have to overwrite one of my five saves.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member

No work around I'm afraid we just have to wait until we get the full thing which could be on the next biggest update we get after the big update on the 6th but they are working on it to let console players have a gallery it just takes a bit longer
  • DarkrosesimDarkrosesim Posts: 22 Member
    As of the big update you can delete save just go to your main menu and hit load and hover over the one you want to delete and hit x on XBox one and square I think whatever is your side left shape is
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    > @Darkrosesim said:
    > As of the big update you can delete save just go to your main menu and hit load and hover over the one you want to delete and hit x on XBox one and square I think whatever is your side left shape is

On ps4 you hit triangle to delete square to rename the file.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    As of the big update you can delete save just go to your main menu and hit load and hover over the one you want to delete and hit x on XBox one and square I think whatever is your side left shape is

Yes and it's also y to delete on xbox cause y is were triangle is on ps4 hahs