Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by alwaysimmingg on
    43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • rosietea03rosietea03 Posts: 22 Member
    When I start the legacy challenge I get bored very quickly :( any advice?
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    rosietea03 wrote: »
    When I start the legacy challenge I get bored very quickly :( any advice?
    Instead of just cranking out the kids try creating a few mini challenges for each generation to complete.
  • rosietea03rosietea03 Posts: 22 Member
    Does anyone know how I post my own Legacy Challenge. I've already created my own version of the challenge with rules and everything and I was wondering where I should post it? Thanks.
    edited February 2018
    rosietea03 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I post my own Legacy Challenge. I've already created my own version of the challenge with rules and everything and I was wondering where I should post it? Thanks.
    @rosietea03
    As a New Member you may be interested in this information.
    Small change for New Members posted 29 January 2018 by EA_Mage
    Once your challenge has been tested you can create a thread here under this area. You can also choose a site like Word Press, Blogger or Tumblr or any similar site.
    Challenge links can be shared at
    Sims 4 Challenge List
    HOW TO SUBMIT A CHALLENGE
    1. To submit a challenge to be added to the list, please include the challenge name and a working link for full challenge rules.
    2. Challenges submitted MUST have their own forum thread or blog/website post for rules. Any challenges posted with rules within this thread will NOT be added to the list.
    3. Read below for tips on creating a new challenge.
    4. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Here are some excellent tips when creating a new challenge, written by @EuphorialQueen:

When I am reading thru a new challenge suggestion I look for a few key items:
    What is the story behind the challenge?
    Tell me something to make me interested in reading more about the challenge.
    Is it based on another existing challenge?
    Is it a complete challenge with a beginning, middle and end?
    How do I start, how do I play and what is the ultimate goal or how do I 'win'?
    Do the rules or guidelines seem reasonable and can goals set by the challenge actually be achieved?
    Has the person posting the challenge play tested it?
    By posting a challenge on a blog or in the forums it is much easier to discuss and ask questions.
    When updating a challenge or change the guidelines just edit the thread where it is posted.
    Starting too many threads on the same challenge or subject only adds to confusion and leads to information being lost.

These are only suggestions and offer a view of how I - as one person - review challenges.
    Thank you for your time.

Reminder: Use spell check and complete words to make reading your post more pleasant and easier to understand.

• ScarletonScarleton Posts: 55 Member
    My sim is already an Adult and all he has to show for it is a LV10 in cooking, LV7 in Gourmet Cooking, LV6 in the Chef Career, LV8 in Fishing, and this is all he has on the 64x64 lot:
    5EIQfub.png?1
    Definitely a slow start.
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    Scarleton wrote: »
    My sim is already an Adult and all he has to show for it is a LV10 in cooking, LV7 in Gourmet Cooking, LV6 in the Chef Career, LV8 in Fishing, and this is all he has on the 64x64 lot:
    5EIQfub.png?1
    Definitely a slow start.

you don't have any money or what? lol
  • belladonna12124belladonna12124 Posts: 6 New Member
    Trying mt first legacy challenge now :) doing a Disney version of it for extra giggles
  • JacquelineGamerJacquelineGamer Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Baristatye said:
    > Scarleton wrote: »
    >
    > My sim is already an Adult and all he has to show for it is a LV10 in cooking, LV7 in Gourmet Cooking, LV6 in the Chef Career, LV8 in Fishing, and this is all he has on the 64x64 lot:
    >
    > Definitely a slow start.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you don't have any money or what? lol

I just started the Legacy challenge as well. My girl seems to be perpetually broke as she tries to get all the necessities on her lot and a roof over her head. She's had 2 fires as well which set her back a bit. After playing with the money cheat for so long, having no money is my biggest challenge.
  • kittycat_sportkittycat_sport Posts: 15 New Member
    amazing
    why is this so popular
    i want to show you my story
    OK great game but how telle me how to post photos
    I just started the Legacy challenge as well. My girl seems to be perpetually broke as she tries to get all the necessities on her lot and a roof over her head. She's had 2 fires as well which set her back a bit. After playing with the money cheat for so long, having no money is my biggest challenge.
    The key is to take it slow to start. Just give yourself time to become established before trying to buy/build too much :)

• JacquelineGamerJacquelineGamer Posts: 10 New Member
    > @EuphorialQueen said:
    > JacquelineGamer wrote: »
    >
    > I just started the Legacy challenge as well. My girl seems to be perpetually broke as she tries to get all the necessities on her lot and a roof over her head. She's had 2 fires as well which set her back a bit. After playing with the money cheat for so long, having no money is my biggest challenge.
    >
    >
    >
    > The key is to take it slow to start. Just give yourself time to become established before trying to buy/build too much :)

I know, but the temptation is still there to try and cheat with the money. My daughter has been watching me to see how I do and keeps me honest. My founders are a Painter and Writer so they are now rolling in the cash with 4 kids and a pretty nice house. They've managed to stash away close to $200K in reserve funds so far. They are both about to hit Elder and their heir is almost a young adult.
    edited March 2018
    @JacquelineGamer Fantastic progress! I guess I am used to playing poor :lol: starting with zero simoleons and nothing but a mailbox and trashcan to start.
    The bigger temptation is to cheat needs.
    Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
  • asadlittlepotatoasadlittlepotato Posts: 23 Member
    I've just started a legacy game but with even more rules, such as these:

"Estate Tax (aka Inheritance Tax): Upon the death of a Matriarch, if the household worth (lot value + liquid funds; business funds are exempt) exceeds $1,000,000, a 5% one time tax is collected. (I will use console commands to remove the funds). If the household worth exceeds $3,000,000 at the time of a Matriarch's death, a 7% tax is collected, at $5,000,000, 10%. If there isn't enough cash on hand, furniture and other properties must be sold until the payment is met.

"Dowry: Have you ever wondered how cruel it is to kick out non-heirs to fend for themselves, with nothing to their names? Worry no more! With this rule, every time a sim leaves the main household, whether due to marriage, divorce, or lack of household space, they will take with them 10% of the overall household worth (lot value + liquid funds; business funds are exempt). Yes, 10%. Of course, neither death nor being taken away by social workers incurs any fees (unless its the death of a Matriarch, in which case an Estate Tax applies, depending on the family's financial situation) If there isn't enough cash on hand, furniture and other properties must be sold until the payment is met. This creates a curious dilemma: the more sims you have in a household, the faster you amass points, and you have more fail safes in the event your heir meets an untimely end. But to make room for newborns, you inevitable have to send some of the sims on their way, losing money in the process. I believe this will create a lot of interesting situations to explore. Of course, death is a much cheaper alternative, but for the purpose of this challenge, I will never intentionally kill a sim."

I feel like this still might be too easy, tbh. Your money-making capabilities kind of snowball after a while. But I don't want to impose rules that are unrealistic or overly annoying. I wish grocery was more expensive; free meals already feel cheaty...
  • mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    I am playing a legacy called the Petal Legacy, its colourfull, but also full of alot of extra hard rules i put on myself.
    Take a look if you like: Petal Legacy Story

Note: The founder is my profile picture :)
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Question.

Say a Sim does of a certain type of death but then you successfully save them. Do you still get that point or do they need to stay dead?

Thanks!
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member

Check out my legacy challenge on Tumblr! :smile:

Bloom Legacy

2i1nrki.png
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

• PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Does anyone else not start with the barebones? I got kinda bored and so went ahead with a gorgeous house, making up the backstory to fit it and all.
    It's easier that way for me :wink:

Also I was wondering how much time does Legacy/Sim lit take? I'm thinking of doing one for my current legacy but I'm scared that no one will read it and there won't be enough time to continue with it

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited April 2018
    @PlumbobGrandma Legacy usually takes ten generations to complete. If you want to write a simlit, you should definitely give it a try, but do it for the right reasons. Write because you enjoy writing, because you want to tell a story. Not for the reader count. People can usually tell if the writer is having fun doing their job.
    If your story is good readers will find it, don't worry. It may take some time, don't let it discourage you. Don't be scared to give it a try. Not trying at all is worse than finding out you're not into it anymore and abandoning the story.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • EPSimmerEPSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    I think I might try making a legacy soon, and by soon I mean right now. What would be the number one thing i need to keep in mind?
    EPSimmer wrote: »
    I think I might try making a legacy soon, and by soon I mean right now. What would be the number one thing i need to keep in mind?
    Take your time. Don't be discouraged and just have fun playing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top