Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game won't launch from Origin!

pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 2
Even with no CC or mods and after uninstalling it and reinstalling it twice, I tap it, Origin goes down for a few seconds, and it looks like its getting ready, but then Origin pops back up and nothing happens afterwards!

I am on Windows 10 on a laptop, with 6 gigs of RAM and 1TB of hard drive with not even half used, since I only have Sims 4 and Sims 2 on it!

I had to switch to the laptop because my desktop isn't working right now!

When I first installed it on my laptop is did great, and even after I put my old CC and Mods in it worked! It wasn't until I played with Sims 2 bodyshop that this happened! But seeing as I lost everything I did in there when I uninstalled it, it shouldn't still be an issue! I've also ran repair on it twice, and again no change!

I know probably know one can help me, I sure can't complain to EA or anything, since they are no longer supporting The Sims 2!

By the way my Sims 4 works fine, so its just The Sims 2! Oh and I have tried launching it by using the icon on my desktop/ of my laptop, and it didn't help!

I am at a lost on what to do, I was so happy to be playing it with my old CC that I loved so much, I guess I should have know it wouldn't last! :(
To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Go to Documents/EA Games/The sims 2 Ultimate Collection and delete the accessory.cache and groups.cache files (they'll regenerate) before trying to launch again.

These two files occasionally get corrupted - one of them saves data while you're in bodyshop and doesn't always clear itself properly, which I'm guessing is what happens to you. I've noticed that this happens WAY more often on windows 10 and windows 8 than it did on older machines, probably due to the new OS not wanting things to delete themselves that often without a good reason.

If this doesn't work: The basic troubleshooting tutorial is in my sig. Happy simming!
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Unfortunately it didn't work! Wheres this troubleshooting tutorial? Whats a sig?
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
    Unfortunately it didn't work! Wheres this troubleshooting tutorial? Whats a sig?

Okay, under my post above (unless you're on mobile, maybe?) it says "Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhamers" and then it says TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial. Click that, it has additional info on making sure your game and computer are recognizing each other. It will take you to a downloadable or hopefully viewable word doc.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Just a quick FYI also delete the Cigen.package. That is the file that contains old body shop info.

Groups cache = Maxis stuff
    Accessory cache = CC
    Cigen package = body shop

You can also go into your neighborhoods folder and delete the neighborhood manager file at the bottom of the list. This contains temporary info about the neighborhood itself. Just like the cache files it can become to big or get corrupted.

Then again if you uninstalled, all of this info should have been wiped and you should have got clean files. Sorry I do not play my game with Origin, so I don't know exactly what could be causing the issue.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

You could go to your desktop right click on Sims 2 icon, and go down to check game compatibility. Your computer should then take you to a screen where it will send you through steps to see if Sims 2 is compatible with your computer.
    Sometimes they will give you suggestions and maybe even offer to play that game on an older version of windows. It will ask your permission to do so, and even let you test run it first before they apply it.
    Good luck with trying everything.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    You could go to your desktop right click on Sims 2 icon, and go down to check game compatibility. Your computer should then take you to a screen where it will send you through steps to see if Sims 2 is compatible with your computer.
    Sometimes they will give you suggestions and maybe even offer to play that game on an older version of windows. It will ask your permission to do so, and even let you test run it first before they apply it.

I tried that, so far nothing works! I am totally at a lost! It seems to have to do with Origin its self, because it won't let it launch, it tries but gets cut off and goes back to Origin! I mean it worked fine for about a week, than this happened! If it could work then, why can't it work now?

And since I have uninstalled it twice since, its a clean game now! I wish I didn't have to play it through Origin, maybe then it wouldn't have this problem! But then again who knows, since it was doing just fine at first! I don't know maybe Origin updating itself did something to make it harder for it to work on Windows 10, its the only thing that makes sense!
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited April 2018
    Have you tried to uninstall Origin ? I had a problem on TS4, after an update, the game didn't want to launch. I've uninstall Origin and reinstall and everything worked again.
    Stormsview wrote: »

I tried that, so far nothing works! I am totally at a lost! It seems to have to do with Origin its self, because it won't let it launch, it tries but gets cut off and goes back to Origin! I mean it worked fine for about a week, than this happened! If it could work then, why can't it work now?

And since I have uninstalled it twice since, its a clean game now! I wish I didn't have to play it through Origin, maybe then it wouldn't have this problem! But then again who knows, since it was doing just fine at first! I don't know maybe Origin updating itself did something to make it harder for it to work on Windows 10, its the only thing that makes sense!

Hey. It's possible that origin no longer recognizes your graphics card - instructions for that (and uncoupling it from Origin if necessary) are in the tutorial in my sig.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    This just happened to me yesterday. This is what I had to do and it worked.

I ran a repair through origin, it still would not start. I had to delete accessory cache, group cache, cigen and the content registry. Finally, it started up but I had to make a new graphic rules maker file because all my settings were gone. I made a new one and everything is working great.