Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Anyone let their TL adopt a small pet that gave everyone a flu and killed everyone in the game before the TL could solve the problem?
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    @Dannydanbo Hah! Now I'm curious. Haven't played TS4 in a while (working on personal stuff and been sucked in by the Switch).

If I get more time, I'll definitely check out the new packs. Last pack I got was the Cats & Dogs.

I'm starting to miss my TL. Maybe I'll check her out later.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    After revisiting one of my Time Lords, I've noticed that the Aspiration rule was hampering my enjoyment for the game. My current Time Lord had completed his Aspiration about 8 days before his regeneration. I felt like counting the days until regeneration, feeling impatient and somehow frustrated. I didn't want to regenerate early because I want my Time Lord to live longer.

So, to remedy that, I switched their Aspiration even though my rule states that you shouldn't. I think I'm going to take the Aspiration restriction away. It's also confusing after observing some LPs. I had implemented the "no changing aspiration" rule because I wanted each Time Lord to feel unique. But I think Aspiration should be seen as "adventures", just like a story arc in Doctor Who.

Also, new aspirations from Expansions and Game Packs have varying times to complete. Some aspirations can take within a 24-day lifespan while other aspirations may take more.

I'll be testing this rule change and find out if this rekindles my love for my Time Lords.
    edited April 2018
    8zbPuev.png
    by nastyjman

[rules as of Nov 14, 2017]
    Click here for the updated rules

ljlNHak.png

The purpose of this challenge is two-fold: fandom and variety. For fans, this is a great opportunity to roleplay as a Time Lord. For non-fans, this is a challenge that allows you to use most of the available traits on one Sim who will change appearance yet keep their skills, reward traits, relationships and aspiration points.

Time Lords are a time-traveling race in the Doctor Who universe (click here to learn more). When they are mortally wounded or in the brink of death, a Time Lord can “regenerate” to cheat death.

In Sims 4, you will regenerate at the moment of aging rather than death. The limit for regeneration is twelve, which totals thirteen incarnations of your Time Lord.

MPh3HOe.png

CREATE-A-TIME-LORD
    Create a new game, then design your Time Lord. They can be any gender, color, voice and walk. However, they cannot be a special type of sim (ghost, alien, vampire, etc.).

Their age must be set to Adult. You cannot choose any other age. If you want to roleplay as an Elder, change their hair to gray and add wrinkles in “Skin Details”.

Next, choose their traits and any aspiration except for Fabulously Wealthy. During the course of the challenge, you can only switch aspirations that are current or were not completed. Your Time Lord gains new aspirations only at the regeneration phase (more on that later).

To name your Time Lord, think of a profession, a title, an object or anything. Whatever you choose will be their Last Name. For example, if you chose engineer, then their last name is “Engineer”. If you are having a hard time thinking of a Last Name, go to http://timelord.namegeneratorfun.com

Now that you have your Time Lord’s Last Name, set the first name as “First”. With the example above, your Time Lord’s name should be “First Engineer".

Click the Game Settings, and modify the settings as follows:
    • Auto Age (Played Sims): Active Household Only
    • Auto Age (Unplayed Sims): Checked or Unchecked
    • Sim Lifespan: Normal
    Once done, save your First Time Lord in your Gallery and click Play.

THE TARDIS
    In the Doctor Who universe, the TARDIS is a vehicle that travels through time and space. It stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. It is a box that’s smaller outside but bigger in the inside (click here for a video explanation).

You must move your Time Lord in a 50 x 50 lot or larger. If the lot is occupied, you must evict and bulldoze it. This will be your Time Lord’s permanent lot, which means they cannot move out from it.

Since your Time Lord is using their knowledge of Transdimensional Engineering, you can use money cheats (kaching, rosebud and motherlode) and lot modifications (bb.moveobjects on and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement). For a harder challenge, you can opt out of these cheats.

Build your TARDIS underground. The TARDIS will be your home, and it should contain all rooms, necessities and luxuries. You can only have one access point to your TARDIS, meaning you can only have one doorway leading underground, just like a bunker.

You can disguise the access point to your TARDIS. It can be the traditional “blue box”, a home, a diner or anything. The only limit is your imagination, so go wild!

To further decorate your TARIDS, you can use bb.moveobjects on and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. Also, you can enlarge objects by holding “SHIFT” and pressing “]”, and if you want to reduce the size, hold “SHIFT” and press “[“.

If building is not your strong-suit, you can download the "Abandoned TARDIS" in The Gallery. Simply search for "Abandoned TARDIS" and place it in a 50 x 50 or larger lot. You can also download other simmer's TARDIS, but you must delete any collectibles that are included.

OBJECTIVES
    You have three objectives to complete: skills, collections and aspirations.

Your Time Lord must master 19 skills and complete 6 types of collections. You must keep the collectibles on your lot or household inventory. Any duplicate or extra collectibles can be sold to avoid clutter.

Your Time Lord must complete 12 aspirations. During the course of the challenge, you cannot change aspirations unless they are current (aspiration that is chosen at the regeneration phase) or incomplete (past aspirations that were not complete due to regeneration).

REWARD STORE RESTRICTIONS
    During the course of the challenge, you will gain a lot of aspiration points. However, you cannot buy any reward traits except for "Carefree."

Youth potions are strictly limited to the regeneration process. You cannot buy these except in regeneration.

All other potions are purchasable at any time.

REGENERATION
    In the Doctor Who universe, a Time Lord regenerates when they are mortally wounded or in the brink of death. (click here to learn more)

If you have seven to zero days remaining as an Adult, you must begin the regeneration phase. There will be a notification for your birthday to remind you so don't forget!

If an expansion/game/stuff pack has an item or activity that resets your Time Lord’s age, you cannot use that item or activity. Only youth potions are allowed to reset their age.

If you do not have enough points to purchase a Youth Potion, open the cheat console by pressing and holding CTRL-SHIFT-C. In the console, type in testingcheats on and then type sims.give_satisfaction_points 1500.

Once done, follow these steps for the regeneration process:
    1. Buy and drink the Youth Potion from the Rewards Store.
    2. Open the cheat console. To do this, press and hold CTRL-SHIFT-C.
    3. Type in testingcheats on
    4. Type in cas.fulleditmode
    5. Hold SHIFT, LEFT-CLICK your Time Lord and then CLICK "Modify in CAS"
    6. WARNING! If you changed your Time Lord’s age in CAS, all reward traits and purchased traits will be deleted. If you accidentally switched their age in CAS, cancel the edit and return to Step 2.
    7. In Create-A-Sim, randomize the look of your Time Lord. You can tweak their appearance, voice, gender and walk. They should not look like previous Time Lords.
    8. Change their first name to the next number. For example, if you are changing the “First”, then you must change their name to “Second”.
    9. Pick a new aspiration. If you have an incomplete aspiration, you still need to choose a new one. After regeneration, you can always switch to current or incomplete aspirations.
    10. Pick two new traits NOT used by past Time Lords. The third trait can be a previously used trait or a new trait.
    11. To keep track of what traits and aspirations you had picked, download this sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bqdZr10NQN5TLwD1HoL9_XprrwM6qcRE3_RNQpy4Kfg/edit?usp=sharing or this text file: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Uml7LDhHL9kobP9nT7p7rcp6xA9X_p_61zdivlLmpI/edit?usp=sharing or copy/paste the following post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15909024/#Comment_15909024
    12. Save the Time Lord in your Gallery. If you want to share, add the hashtag #timelordchallenge.
    13. Press Done
    There will be 12 regenerations, giving you 13 Time Lords. The Thirteenth Time Lord will serve as a catch-up for any incomplete aspirations or collections.

SCORING
    Total maximum score for the whole challenge is 36 points. The scoring revolves around Aspirations, Skills and Collections.

Collections (12 Points)
    • 2 Points for each completed Collection. Limit to 12 points.
    Aspirations (12 Points)
    • 1 point for each Aspiration completed. The Thirteenth Time Lord will serve as a catch-up to any incomplete aspirations.
    Skills (12 Points)
    • 1 Point for 8 Skills maxed
    • 2 Points for 9 Skills maxed
    • 3 Points for 10 Skills maxed
    • 4 Points for 11 Skills maxed
    • 5 Points for 12 Skills maxed
    • 6 Points for 13 Skills maxed
    • 7 Points for 14 Skills maxed
    • 8 Points for 15 Skills maxed
    • 9 Points for 16 Skills maxed
    • 10 Points for 17 Skills maxed
    • 11 Points for 18 Skills maxed
    • 12 Points for 19 or more Skills maxed
    • Skills that has 10 levels qualify for points. Anything less are not counted.
    Bonus Points
    • 1 Bonus Point for each Scenarios completed (see Roleplay section)
    • 1 Bonus Point for having a painting or picture of each of your Time Lords
    • 1 Bonus Point for maintaining a lot value of 500,000 simoleons
    • These points are supplementary. Bonus points cannot be used if your score is already at maximum.
    Penalty
    • Minus 1 Point for each Potion of Youth purchased with sims.give_satisfaction_points cheat.

henIHQI.png

COMPANIONS
    Having a companion is not a requirement, but they enliven the challenge and keep your Time Lord company. They can be any age and any type of relationship status.

There are two ways to gain a companion: you can befriend them and ask them to move in, or you can add them in your household via “Manage Household.” If that sim has a family or roommates, you can bring them in or leave them out.

Since your companions are normal sims, they do not follow the reward store restrictions. They can purchase traits and potions at any time. However, they cannot purchase Youth Potions for themselves or for your Time Lord.

Children can be born or adopted in the household. The parents can either be your Time Lord or companions. The children are considered companions and therefore cannot regenerate.

You can only age your companions at any time with birthday cakes.

Pets are allowed in your TARDIS, and they are considered companions.

Companions can be moved out from your TARDIS at any time. You are allowed to use the cheat freerealestate on to place them in an empty or vacant lot of your choosing.

TIME TRAVEL GUIDE
    To simulate time travel, you can download themed lots from The Gallery. When placing them and sharing your story, please don't forget to credit the Sim Architect!

Here are some suggestions on hashtags and the worlds associated with them. For each worlds, you can designate a specific theme on a neighborhood. For ideas, click this link.

Willow Creek: #jungle #medieval #greek #asian #gothic #tribal

Oasis Springs: #apocalypse #desert #wildwest #western #prehistoric #egyptian

Newcrest: #alien #futuristic #scifi #medieval

San Myshuno: #cyberpunk #alien #futuristic #scifi

ROTATING UNIVERSE
    You can play other households within the universe of your Time Lord. They can be past companions, created sims or downloaded sims from The Gallery.

Companions that were moved out from your Time Lord’s household can continue their story. They can start a legacy or face new challenges and adventures. Your Time Lord can visit and remain in contact with their past companions. You can also send them to a parallel universe by saving the household in The Gallery and play them on a different save file.

From The Gallery, you can add Sims that are historical figures or futuristic people. Move them in their era-specific lot. Don't forget to credit the Sim Modelist!

When playing other households, do not accept a birthday party invite from your Time Lord. Doing so would risk aging your Time Lord.

If your Time Lord accidentally dies while playing another household, you can revert to a previous save file. Also, you can recover your Time Lord from The Gallery. This recovered Time Lord will retain all reward traits and skills, but will lose any progress made since the regeneration.

TIMEY-WIMEY WIBBLY-WOBBLY
    As a Time Lord, you have control of time (except yours).

Played or Unplayed Sim Households can be aged up with birthday cakes or with cas.fulleditmode in Manage Household. For the sake of roleplay, you should not age down any sim.

At any time, you can change the Game Settings Auto Aging Unplayed Sims to check or unchecked. However, Auto Aging Played Sims must always be Active Household Only, and Lifespan as Normal.

If you want a Played Sim Household to age, you must change them to Unplayed and then check Auto Aging Unplayed Sims. To do this, go to Household Management, then click on their plumbob.

If you want an Unplayed Sim Household to stop aging, you can change them to Played by clicking their “Play” button and then exiting back to Manage World.

SCENARIOS
    Scenarios are optional mini-challenges that further expand the universe. Most of them are inspired by existing challenges in the Stories and Legacies section, and also some Doctor Who episodes. Each scenario has a specific theme, era, characters and goals.

You can switch anytime from a Scenario to your Time Lord, and vice-versa. Since Scenarios are household specific, you can have multiple Scenarios in your universe.

Below are links for each Scenario: INFINITE POTENTIAL
    When you finish the challenge, you can still continue beyond your Thirteenth Time Lord.

The extended play will not be scored, but it is an opportunity for further roleplaying and completing all remaining aspirations, collections, skills and achievements.

Have fun! Allons-y!

FAQ
    Q: Do I need to be a Doctor Who fan to do this challenge?
    A: Nope! You can play this challenge even if you don’t know Doctor Who. I’ve set the challenge to be inviting for non-fans. Even if your story or gameplay is not canon, it is interesting how non-fans interpret the mythos of the Time Lords.

Q: Do I have to keep score?
    A: You don’t have to. You can play the challenge without worrying about collections and skills. But you should still adhere to the regeneration rule since it’s the heart of this challenge.

Q: Can I use mods?
    A: Yes you can, so long as it does not give you an advantage if you are keeping score. If you are not keeping score, you can use any mods so long as you still follow the regeneration rules.

Q: Can I use cheats?
    A: The only cheats allowed are the ones stated in the rules. However, if you are not keeping score, you can use any cheats available in the game so long as you still follow the regeneration rules.

Q: Why is my Time Lord getting tense from a trait he/she doesn’t have?
    A: The game still recognizes the trait your past Time Lord had used. To fix this, purchase the reward trait “Carefree” for 3,000 reward points.

Q: Do I have to finish my TARDIS at the start of the challenge?
    A: Nope. You can expand it as you go on.

Q: My collections suddenly vanished! What happened?!
    A: This occurs when you move out a companion that had contributed to the collection. Not to worry. As the rules state, you should have your collections in your TARDIS so you can drag and drop them in your inventory to reclaim them.

Q: I’m roleplaying with historical and future-looking sims, and they are interacting with one another in a park/library/lounge/etc. What gives?
    A: It’s possible that your Time Lord had accidentally opened a wormhole that allowed differing timelines to interact with one another. That’s one possibility, but you can make your own story on why different eras are clashing with one another.

Q: What is the meaning of life?
    A: Forty-two.

LET’S PLAY CHANNELS - - -

For anyone curious, here's an older version of the rules:
    Post edited by nastyjman on
    Posting the old version of the rules, dated Nov 2017.
    Changelog
    • Added Mementos as an objective and scoring mechanic.
    • Removed Aspiration restrictions. Can switch aspirations at any time instead of limiting it on a single incarnation.
    • Removed Scenarios temporarily from the rules.
    edited April 2018
    Time Lords
    First: Trait1,Trait2,Trait3
    Second:
    Third:
    Fourth:
    Fifth:
    Sixth:
    Seventh:
    Eighth:
    Ninth:
    Tenth:
    Eleventh:
    Twelfth:
    Thirteenth:

TRAIT POOL (CUT and PASTE to keep track of what traits remain in the pool. Do not pre-fill or pre-plan what the future Time Lords will have as traits.)

Active, Ambitious, Art Lover, Bookworm, Bro, Cat Lover, Cheerful, Childish, Clumsy, Creative, Dance Machine, Dog Lover, Evil, Family Oriented, Foodie, Geek, Genius, Gloomy, Glutton, Good, Goofball, Hates Children, Hot-Headed, Insane, Insider, Jealous, Kleptomaniac, Lazy, Loner, Loves Outdoors, Materialistic, Mean, Music Lover, Neat, Noncommittal, Outgoing, Perfectionist, Romantic, Self-Assured, Slob, Snob, Squeamish, Unflirty, Vegetarian

REMEMBER! Pick two new traits NOT used by past Time Lords. The third trait can be a previously used trait or a new trait.

---

MEMENTOS:
    First: Memento1, Memento2
    Second:
    Third:
    Fourth:
    Fifth:
    Sixth:
    Seventh:
    Eighth:
    Ninth:
    Tenth:
    Eleventh:
    Twelfth:
    Thirteenth:

Items that qualify as mementos:
    • Painting of Time Lord created by another sim
    • Photo of Time Lord taken by another sim
    • Masterpiece painting made by Time Lord
    • Bestseller book made by Time Lord
    • Excellent woodworking sculpture or furniture made by Time Lord
    • Song written by Time Lord
    • Gold-level reward items from social events
    • Career rewards items
    • Career crafted items
    Updated clarification on mementos. Your incarnation can have more than 2 mementos, but only 2 are counted for points. Also added career items and career craftables as mementos.
    As an effort to recreate the Scenarios, I started with the very first one I made, which is "The Cybermen Next Door."

My primary focus now is to create these scenarios as if they're Aspirations. There will be levels, and each levels has an activity that your Time Lord must do. Along with this scenarios are scenes that tell a story. You must click the spoilers only after you have completed the Goal.
    edited April 2018
    xIcvikF.jpg

MEET THE BERCYS

PREPARATION
    • Download The Bercy Residence Lot in The Gallery (#cyberman #scenario)
    • Place the lot in a 40 x 30 space
    • Download the Bercy Household. The Bercy household is available in The Gallery (#bercy #scenario).
    • Use freerealestate on cheat to move-in The Bercy household to the Bercy Residence.

SCENE 1
    • GOAL:
    • Be Friends with Thaddeus Bercy. (Cannot visit the Bercy Lot. You must befriend Thaddeus in Public Lots.)

There have been reports of Sims missing all of a sudden, but the police are baffled as to why. You shrug it off, hoping the authorities find out what's happening.

You go to your usual hangout, and you notice a child being extra friendly to strangers, which is odd because the first thing you tell children is to never talk to strangers. The child comes over and introduces himself to you.

You try to scare him away by expounding on Time/Space Theory and Quantum Relativity Mechanics. To your surprise, the child understood what you had just said, even though you don’t understand it fully yourself.

You become good friends with the child.

“Hey, you want to meet my parents? We live nearby,” Thaddeus asks.

(Click Spoiler once you have completed the Scene Goals)
    SCENE 2
    • GOAL:
    • Visit the Bercy Residence
    • Be Friends with Otto Bercy and Katelin Bercy

You could have traveled to Thaddeus’ house with the TARDIS, but you decided not to, just in case the timeline would get jostled. It’s a nice walk anyway while listening to the kid. He is very smart for his age.

Concerningly smart.

You’re greeted by his parents, Katelin and Otto. Despite being the first time meeting them, they treat you like you’re part of the family. They offer you drinks and offer you a meal. They entertain you like they’re competing for “The Best Host In The Universe.”

After a while, you get a bit sleepy. You tell them you’re leaving, so you get up and head to the front door. It’s locked. You try to unlock it, but it won’t budge.

You ask the family to open it up for you, but the next thing you see is Otto putting chloroform over your nose.

“You did well, Thaddeus,” said Katelin. “With his brain, he’ll make a nice addition to our army.”

SCENE 3
    • GOAL:
    • Upgrade the Computer once
    • Hack the Computer in the Basement

You wake up to the sound of a whirring noise.

Great. It’s a buzzsaw heading straight to your noggin. Luckily, you have your sonic screwdriver connected to your sonic watch. You shoot the buzzsaw’s axle, which sends the sharp disc flying all over the room. It ricochets from wall to wall, and it misses you a couple of inches.

With the buzzsaw out of the way, you then work on freeing yourself from the restraints. You have found yourself in a facility where they’re holding an army of Cybermen. Most of them looked non-functional, but you know that once a brain is implanted in them, they’ll be a dangerous weapon.

You use your sonic screwdriver, so you can bypass any security protocols installed in it. Next, you hack the computer, setting the whole facility for self-destruct. You also download a file to learn the layout of the facility. You find out that you’re underneath the Bercy’s house.

“What are you doing in here?!” said a voice behind you.

tR59h3w.jpg

SCENE 4
    • GOAL:
    • Be Enemies with Otto Bercy and Katelin Bercy

Otto and Katelin are standing by the door with their guns drawn.

“You really are a crafty one, are you? You will definitely be a great addition to our army!” said Otto.

“Finally. A Time Lord in our ranks,” said Katelin. “We may finally have something that could go against that meddling doctor!”

You have no idea what Katelin means by ‘doctor.’ You assume that there’s a doctor that messed up her procedure or something, like plastic surgery.

You buy time by giving them a speech about the history of Cybermen and their losses against the Time Lords. You continue with your impassioned speech, telling them that the Sims will be safe because you are there to stop the Cybermen invasion.

“Boring!” said Otto. “We have guns, and you don’t. How are you going to escape, Time Lord?”

You smile and duck underneath the computer console. An explosion erupts in the holding bay, sending the door flying off its hinges and crushing Otto and Katelin against the adjacent wall. Debris fly everywhere, and thanks to the heavy-duty desk of the computer, you are unscathed.

The Cybermen vessels are on fire, so you have done your job. As you escape the basement, you encounter Thaddeus by the door. He screams at you and transforms from a normal Sim child to an adult-sized Cyberman.

"HALT! YOU WILL BE DELETED!"

You shrug and jump out the nearby window.

Before Cyberman-Thaddeus could follow you out, the house explodes.

---

FINALE

You dust yourself off as you watch the house burn. From this day on, you vow to be the protector of Sim-Earth, and a guardian to the terrors of the cold universe.

Because you are a Time Lord, a master of space and time!

(Thank you for playing this Scenario. You can now delete the Bercy household and lot.)

I hoped that the past scenarios could be rewritten, but I found out that I need to do some set designs and sims modeling. It may take me time to reboot the past scenarios, but I already have a draft for "Sirens of Titan" and "Vincent and the Time Lord."
    edited April 2018
    Finally finished with the first iteration of "Titan Plaza" which will be the set for "Sirens of Titan." The lot is not yet available, but will be as soon as I'm satisfied with it:
    XPraqtEl.jpg
    edited April 2018
    hrVi0Ry.jpg

SIRENS OF TITAN

PREPARATION
    • Download the “Titan Plaza” lot in The Gallery. Use the hashtag #scenario #timelordchallenge
    • Download the “Sirens of Titan” household in The Gallery. Use the hashtag #scenario #timelordchallenge
    • Use “freerealestate on” cheat to move-in household to “Titan Plaza”

SCENE 1
    • GOAL:
    • Have a “Friend” relationship level with Xyla Honep

You open the door to your TARDIS, expecting the sunny surface of Axola Prime, only to find that you’re in Titan Zeta. You make a mental note that you should have taken a ninety-degree turn at La Jola.

No matter. You wanted a vacation anyway, so you make the most of it. At Titan, instead of fantastic beaches they have fantastic music. The inhabitants call themselves ‘Sirens.’ And just like the story of ‘JaSim and the Argh-o-nauts’, their voices are captivating, to the point that you bump into one of them in the middle of her song.

“Watch it, pal!” she said.

Breaking her song also broke the crowd that had gathered. She tries to get them back by apologizing and promising a better rendition of SHTRAKMGRLKA, which is a traditional song of the locality.

“Great! Just great! You owe me, pal!” she said, scowling at you.

You apologize profusely to the Siren until she accepts it begrudgingly.

“Fine. Just shut up already,” she said, sighing. “I don’t know what I’m going to do. Rent is due tonight, and I’m still short.”

SCENE 2
    • GOAL:
    • Play a Musical Instrument around Xyla without getting the Embarrassed moodlet
    • Earn 50 in tips (can be done outside the lot)

You formally introduce yourself to her.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Xyla.”

Now that’s out of the way, you offer your talents to Xyla, to which she raises an eyebrow.

“You? No offense, but you don’t look resonant.”

Resonant? What does she mean? Then you remember that Sirens have a sixth sense with regards to the universal rhythm. You agree that you are not resonant, but you do have rhythm.

“Really? Okay. Prove it.”

You take out your musical instrument and play. Xyla makes a face, and you get a little embarrassed. But you keep on. You then look at the way she bobs her head and how the other Sirens bob their heads. The universal rhythm. So you play your instrument, attuned to the universal rhythm without actually hearing it.

“Hey, not bad, Time Lord,” said Xyla, smiling.

More Sirens gather around, and they seem impressed that a non-Siren could play great music. Xyla joins in, and the tips come showering in. By the end of your jam session, Xyla is ecstatic.

“Now I can pay rent!”

She looks at her watch and gasps.

“Snap! I need to get to the apartment before midnight!”

Luckily, you are a Time Lord with a TARDIS. You invite her in, and she’s floored at what she sees.

“It’s- it’s- it’s bigger in the inside?”

With no time to waste, you flip the switch, pull the lever and hope your TARDIS follows your coordinates.

SCENE 3
    • GOAL:
    • Have a “Friend” relationship level with Groog Diddi

The TARDIS whines and grinds. The floor shakes and the walls tremble. Xyla yelps as the TARDIS jumps from Point A to Point Z in a matter of seconds. You open the door, relieved that the TARDIS finally followed you.

Xyla runs out of the TARDIS and makes it to the landlord’s office on time.

“I have the cash! You don’t have to kick me out just yet,” Xyla said, panting.

The landlord clicks his tongue and gestures to Xyla to hand over the money. He counts it, nodding to the universal rhythm.

“It’s all here, all right,” the landlord said. “But you missed the deadline, so you owe me an additional fifty.”

Xyla scowls at the landlord. “That’s all I have. I can pay you the difference tomorrow.”

“No deal, kiddo. Either you have the cash or you don’t. We all follow rules. Otherwise, it's chaos.”

Xyla’s lips trembled, and she hid her face from you, embarrassed. You are incredulous that Xyla was taking this abuse from her landlord. You tell the landlord that Xyla is good for it and that he should give her an exception.

“It’s alright, Time Lord. We all have to follow rules,” Xyla said. “Just like how the universal rhythm follows a certain rule.”

Nonsense.

You confront the landlord, your voice rising in passion, making him feel the anger and injustice in your tone. You tell him that rules can be broken, and without breaking rules, there will be no room for innovation.

“Break the rules? Unheard of!”

You correct him by saying that there is a planet where rules are constantly broken. You even tell him that there is a type of music called ‘jazz’ that does exactly this. Despite it being chaotic, there is beauty underneath the discord.

"Sorry, bud. Rules are rules," the landlord said, returning his focus to his computer.

FINALE

• GOAL:
    • Take Xyla to a Lounge
    • Dance with Xyla

You then reveal that you were the cause for Xyla being late with her rent. You offer him a crystal that hums in the palm of your hand. He eyes the crystal, a quick smile coming in and out of his face. He then changes his demeanor, trying to play it off.

“Fine. But I’ll only do this once. If she misses another deadline, she’s out of here. Alright?”

Xyla beams at the news.

“Don’t worry, Groog. It won’t happen again,” said Xyla.

Groog hands her a new keycard for her apartment. Xyla invites you inside. As you step in, you realize that apartment sizes are a universal constant: small.

“It’s nothing like your spaceship.”

You correct her by saying it’s a TARDIS, not a spaceship.

“Fine. TARDIS. So what about this ‘jazz’ thing you were talking about to Groog? Music that doesn’t follow rules?”

You grin.

You take Xyla to Sim-Earth. There, you head to the local music lounge where they have jazz performers on occasion. At first, Xyla is confused and horrified at the broken rhythm and slapdash nature of the genre. But eventually, she picks up a rhythm--a universal rhythm--to it. She bobs her head to the discordant sound, enjoying the chaos.

(Thank you for playing this scenario. You can now choose to have Xyla as your companion by Asking To Move In)
    edited April 2018
    Next on the Time Lord Challenge Scenario...

Queue Doctor Who Theme Song
    Here's a recreation of Van Gogh's "Cafe Terrace at Night." I created this cafe lot for the reboot on "Vincent and the Time Lord." Here are some screenies of the lot. You can download it with the hashtag #vangogh

ivX0CKl.jpg

O4CU8UF.jpg

Fr6ixi9.jpg

348yjLN.jpg

Here's the reference I worked from:

800px-Van_Gogh_-_Terrasse_des_Caf%C3%A9s_an_der_Place_du_Forum_in_Arles_am_Abend1.jpeg
    jyuwW7d.jpg

VINCENT AND THE TIME LORD

PREPARATION
    • Download “Van Gogh House” by arkroogs from The Gallery and place in Newcrest. Use hashtag #vangogh
    • Download “Cafe Terrace at Night” by nastyjman from The Gallery and place near Van Gogh’s house. Use hashtag #vangogh
    • Download Vincent Van Gogh household from The Gallery. Only by himself. No other Sims.
    • Move-In Vincent to the Van Gogh House. Use “freerealestate on” cheat.

SCENE 1
    • GOAL:
    • Have a “Good Friend” relationship level with Vincent

You open up the TARDIS to a lush greenery and untainted air, far from the metallic spires and dangerous smog of Barakesh-7. You tell your TARDIS that you’re getting tired of her detours. The TARDIS shudders, which was its way of snickering at you.

The console tells your location: Terra-Earth, the year 1890. You take in the scenery, somehow forgetting that you had tickets to Barakesh-7’s Grand Conflagration. As you stroll through the soft grass and rolling foothills, you sight a house by a creek.

There, you see a man, painting on a canvas, a harried expression in his eyes. Before you could introduce yourself, he takes the canvas, rips it up and throws it on the ground.

“Who are you? And what do you want?” the man asks.

You tell him your name.

“That’s an odd name, friend. I’m Vincent. Vincent Van Gogh.”

The master himself. You contain your excitement, aware that you need to feign ignorance. As you shake hands, you notice some artwork behind him that were breathtaking. You compliment his work, but he sighs.

“I don’t know. I have to meet with my patron soon, and all I have are these rubbish!”

You tell him that it’s far from rubbish; they are masterpieces.

“Hah! Then why won’t anyone buy them?”

You open your mouth, about to tell him how much they are worth in present time. But you close your mouth and nod.

“Want to help me carry my rubbish, friend?”

SCENE 2
    • GOAL:
    • Invite to Hangout with Vincent at Cafe Terrace
    • Make Bar Drink for Vincent
    • At night, Ask Vincent to Stargaze

You take a stroll with Vincent, holding a painting on each hand. You feel proud for having helped a legend and also having a fingerprint on two of his works.

You see the cafe as you take a turn. People are sitting outside, sipping their espresso in little demitasse cups. Vincent waves at one of them, and the person raises his hand at him.

They exchange formalities, and then the patron began looking through his works.

“An assistant?” asked the patron as you hand him the next painting.

You tell him that you are just a fan of Vincent’s work. Moments later, the patron pays Vincent for the paintings.

“So, friend, do you fancy a drink?” Vincent asks you.

You tell him that you can have a drink or two. Vincent heads inside the cafe. Instead of an espresso, he comes out with a bottle of wine. You nurse a glass of wine whereas Vincent finishes the bottle.

Soon, the skies turn red, and stars begin to twinkle. Vincent pays for another bottle, and he drags you by the hand, away from the cafe. You both climb a nearby hill and then lay down on the soft grass.

The stars seem to breathe life high above the dark canopy. You’re in awe at how the skies paint the galaxies that are light-years away from where you’re laying.

“Amazing, isn’t it? It’s been a while since I had someone enjoy this very moment,” said Vincent, then taking a drink from his bottle.

You ask why that is.

“It doesn’t matter.” He hands you the bottle, but you kindly refuse.

After he finishes the bottle, you both head back to his home. As you approach, you see something move inside his house. You ask Vincent to stay outside so you can check if there’s anyone inside.

“Prowlers? Hic! Why would- why would they- hic!”

You open the door and investigate.

SCENE 3
    • GOAL:
    • Return to Vincent’s house
    • View a Painting inside the living room

You sweep the room with your sonic screwdriver. It picks up an entity of alien origin. While the sonic screwdriver analyzes the data, a painting at the end of the room catches your eye.

It doesn’t look like Vincent’s painting. There is something emanating from it, like steam or fumes. Standing close to it makes you feel conflicted. Angry. You analyze the painting with your sonic screwdriver. Upon analysis, it had identified the painting as the alien entity.

The painting turns into an amorphous blob and jumps off the wall. It scurries to the corner and transforms into a vase.

You check your sonic screwdriver and learn that the alien entity is a Hook, a parasitic blob that feeds off sentient emotions and thoughts. They are harmless, and some civilizations use them for medical purposes, especially in the field of psychiatry.

You talk to the hook, asking if there were others like it around. The vase trembles, telling you that it’s by itself. It arrived in Terra-Earth after a transport ship was attacked two galaxies away. It was the lone survivor.

Upon checking your sonic screwdriver, the hook is near death of old age. The front door opens, and Vincent steps in, wavering as the alcohol swirls inside his head. He collapses on a nearby chair and sleeps.

SCENE 4
    • GOAL:
    • Cook a meal for Vincent in your TARDIS
    • Invite to Hangout with Vincent at a museum. Must be a “present day” museum.

You commend the hook for helping Vincent. Without it, you know that Vincent’s condition would have been worse. You stay around until dawn. Vincent wakes up with a groan, a hangover plaguing his mind. You sense the hook tingle with satisfaction, feeding off the thoughts and emotions from a cranky artist. Eventually, the hook becomes full and sleeps.

Vincent stands up and searches for a bottle that wasn’t empty.

You go to the kitchen and look in his pantry, searching for ingredients for a hangover cure. You sigh as you only find more liquor.

You tell Vincent to follow you, promising him a breakfast that’s out of this world.

You trek towards the TARDIS, and Vincent gawks at the exterior. As you open the door, his jaw becomes slack. You gesture at Vincent to step inside.

“Am I losing my mind again?”

You tell him no.

Inside the TARDIS, you cook him breakfast that cures his hangover after the last bite. You give him a tour of the TARDIS, and he marvels at the grandness of it.

You pull the dematerialization lever on the console, and the TARDIS travels through time, moving forward into Vincent’s relative future. It is an illegal act based on Time Law. But among others, including yourself, Vincent is immune to paradoxes because of his condition.

You fling the doors open to the steps of a museum. Today’s event is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh.

Vincent watches the crowd as they appreciate his work.

“They like it?” he asks you.

You tell him that they adore it.

After touring the museum, you return to his timeline. His smile is bright as ever, and he prances through the dale as if breathing in the joys of life. He thanks you for the trip, and he tells you that he’s inspired to do better.

“I’ll even give up drinking so I can make more!”

He shakes your hand, says good-bye and asks that you come over in two week so he can show you his new works. This gives you hope, believing that you may have gifted the world with more of Vincent’s works, believing that you had averted his inevitable death.

You close the door and hop two weeks forward. As you approach Vincent’s house, you frown as he’s not at his easel. You look inside his house, but it’s empty. You scan the house with your sonic screwdriver. No life, not even the hook was registering.

“Can I help you, friend?” a voice asks behind you.

You turn around, expecting to see Vincent. But it’s the patron, a glum expression on his face. At that, you immediately know what happened.

“We have lost a genius,” said the patron. “And not one soul cares, except for you and me.”

You tell the patron that he’s mistaken because the name Vincent Van Gogh will persevere.

(Thank you for playing and reading this scenario. You can keep Vincent Van Gogh in your universe and play him as an active household. If you choose to, you can also have him as a companion.)
    I am enjoying this Jungle Adventure game pack! It feels like my Time Lord is really doing some adventuring. My current TL is a Treasure Hunter, and his companion is an Archeologist. I want to make my own dungeons, too! Once I'm done rewriting the first five Scenarios, I'll try to create a Scenario with these Jungle Adventure objects.
    edited April 2018
    Next on the Time Lord Challenge Scenario...

Queue Doctor Who Theme Song
    What lies beneath at Bathory Bend? And why is there a dead patch of grass by the vents?

JVafBDX.png

And who is this handsome man?

1AQgWEo.png
    edited April 2018
    1AQgWEo.png

THE DRINK

PREPARATION
    • Vampire Game Pack Required
    • Download “The Drink Scenario” household in The Gallery
    • Download “Bathory Bend” lot in The Gallery and place anywhere but Forgotten Hollow
    • Use freerealestate on cheat to move-in household in the lot

SCENE 1
    • GOAL
    • Have a Friend relationship status with Arvind (You cannot travel to Bathory Bend yet)

You’re thirsty. Not for water, but for some good, warm, red wine.

Today, you decide to let the TARDIS rest, so you take a taxi to the nearest nightclub. You can feel the thumping music from outside, and as soon as you step in, the whole floor trembles at the pulsing bass. Sims are gyrating to the beats and to the swiveling strobe lights. You tell yourself that you’ll dance later. Right now, you just want a good drink.

You go up to the bartender and order a glass of wine.

“My choice as well,” a voice says next to you.

You turn and lock eyes with a handsome man drinking a glass of wine. You get your drink and raise yours for a cheers. The handsome man accepts your toast.

“The name is Arvind. What’s yours?”

You tell him your name.

“Hmm. That’s an odd name, beautiful.”

You blush. You continue the conversation, but the music is too loud to hear anything. You gesture to an area where the music is a bit muffled.

With the noise far away from you, you finally get to know Arvind. He tells you that he’s originally from Transimvania and that he’s currently in the medical business specializing in hematology.

SCENE 2

• GOAL
    • Have a Boyfriend romantic relationship status with Arvind
    • Travel to Bathory Bend with Arvind

After a few more drinks, you and Arvind get a little more frisky. Past midnight, he invites you to his house. It’s a half hour drive, and despite Arvind speeding through the streets, you still feel that it’s too slow compared to your TARDIS.

You and him finally arrive. You step inside the house and immediately get smitten by the decor. There is passion in the air. You have only one thing in mind, and that is WooHoo-ing with this handsome man.

“I’ll show you wonders, beautiful,” Arvind said, holding your hand and leading you to the bedroom upstairs.

He throws you on the bed, and before sparks fly above the sheets, he excuses himself.

“I just need a bit of a touch up. Don’t start without me,” he said with a grin.

You lay on bed, eyes to the ceiling, waiting. You are surprised at how comfortable the bed is, so comfortable that you just want to lay there forever. You make a mental note to ask Arvind where he got this bed, so you can get one for your TARDIS.

You look at your reflection on the mirror and notice something move behind it. Before you can get off the bed and investigate, something snaps underneath.

You fall through a dark and humid shaft.

SCENE 3
    • GOAL
    • Swim in the swimming pool in Basement 1.
    • Hack the computer

Water cushions your fall, and you find yourself floating in a pool. There is a coppery smell pervading the air. Something starts to whirr underneath, and you are pulled towards this turbulence. You scan it with your sonic screwdriver, and it tells you that there’s a grinder underneath.

In a few seconds, you will be turned into ground meat. You try to disable the grinder with your sonic screwdriver, but it doesn’t respond to its frequency. You check your pockets and feel something lumpy and hard. It’s a large geode that you had picked up in Titan Zeta.

You drop it down towards the maw of the grinder. The geode damages the discs and misaligns it from its axle. The whirring noise dies, and you are now just floating in the pool. You scan the area again and learn that there’s a hidden gate on the walls. You point your sonic screwdriver at it, and the hinges creak open.

You climb out of the pool and curse at being drenched. It was a nice get-up, too. Shame it will be out of commission for a while. You snap out of your annoyance and start investigating.

You open a hidden door which leads you to a medical room. There is a furnace, which you find odd. But after seeing the bones and urns nearby, you realize what the furnace was for. A chill crawls up your spine, but you press forward.

The next door leads you to a control room which had a view of the pool. The computer is flashing red, telling you that immediate repair is needed on the grinder. You hack your way inside the computer and learn that the pipes are connected to a single bathtub.

A bathtub? You look around, searching for more hidden doors that may lead to this bathtub.

“What are you doing here? How did you escape? And what did you do to the extractor!”

Arvind stands by the door, livid.

SCENE 4
    • GOAL
    • Have an Enemy relationship status with Arvind

He tries to tackle you, but you dodge him by an inch. You employ your knowledge of Aikido, which is the martial arts of using your opponent’s energy against themselves.

You try to reason with Arvind, telling him that he needs to turn himself in or things will just get worse.

“I can’t. I must serve her. She is my master!”

You wonder who he’s referring to, so you make a mental note of it. Arvind tries another attempt at grabbing you, but you retaliate by tripping him. He hits head on the console, knocking him out cold. You check his vitals, relieved he’s alive.

You locate another door in the room and open it. There is a staircase leading further down. From the top of the steps, you can feel the humidity, and there is the persistent smell of something coppery. Fear sets in, but to turn away now will invite guilt to haunt you until the end of time. A Time Lord must always satiate their curiosity.

At the bottom of the steps, you find yourself in a mausoleum. A coffin sits in the middle, and near it is a bathtub connected to the pool you were just in.

You shake your head, realizing that if you hadn’t broken the grinder, you would be flowing out of the bathtub’s spigot.

A creaking noise breaks your thoughts. From the coffin rises a young woman. You know that she is much older than what she appears to be. Possibly older than you.

A vampire.

FINALE
    • GOAL
    • Have an Enemy relationship status with Blood Countess

She opens her eyes and smirks at you.

“Two heartbeats,” she says, stepping out of her coffin.

She eyes you like a predator to a prey. You step away from her while holding up your sonic screwdriver, hoping it would deter her from approaching. She sniffs at the air and raises an eyebrow.

“You are… old. But also young. What are you?”

You tell her you are a Time Lord and that you are going to stop her from killing more sims.

“Time Lord? Then, Time Lord, you will serve me from now on,” she says. “You will obey me. You will feed me with your plasma straight from your two hearts! You will bring me more sims to bathe on. And in return, you will have my eternal love.”

You tell her that love with an immortal gets boring. She readies herself to pounce, but before she can sink her teeth in you, you point the sonic screwdriver at the glass panels.

A high-pitched noise emits from the screwdriver, shattering the glass panels and flooding the room. The speed of the water sweeps you and the vampire off her feet.

You quickly recover and run towards the empty pool. You point your screwdriver at the shaft above that is connected to the bedroom. With the right frequency, the mechanism disengages, opening up the shaft. Sunlight beams through and reflects against the water and the shards of glass.

The vampire screams in agony as sunlight burns her skin. She hobbles towards the stairs, but before she can take the first step, her body disintegrates into a pile of dust.

“No!”

Arvind runs down the stairs. He grabs at the pile of dust, grabbing clumps of it that were mixed with water.

“Why? Why!”

You apologize to him and explain that if you had your TARDIS nearby, you would have offered the vampire to be returned to her home planet.

“She promised me eternal life. She promised me love everlasting. Now she’s gone. You did this!”

Arvind stands and marches towards you. You wait patiently until he’s within arm’s reach. With a quick grab and a pinch on a nerve, you incapacitate Arvind. His body falls limp, but you grab him just in time, never letting him hit the flooded floor.

You carry him back to the first floor and lay him down on the sofa. Grief will follow him as soon as he wake up. A fitting punishment. You open the door to a sunny day and leave the door open just in case.
    Finally caught up with the past scenarios. I'm finishing the draft on "Echoes of Time", which I have renamed. Right now, I am designing the lot where this scenario will play out.

Can't wait to write the new scenarios. I have 7 outlined already.
    edited May 2018
    miWtirT.jpg

STRANGER DANGER

PREPARATION
    • Create a household with a copy of your First Time Lord from The Gallery, then change them into a Toddler
    • Use “Play Genetics” with your Toddler, creating their parents
    • Download “Unknown Stranger” household from The Gallery
    • Merge “Unknown Stranger” with the household
    • Download “Gallifrey Neighborhood” lot
    • Move in the household to the Gallifrey Neighborhood. Use freerealestate on cheat.
    • (Optional) Unknown Stranger must claim the basement bed in the empty house

SCENE 1
    • GOAL
    • Have your Time Lord visit the Gallifrey Neighborhood

You open the door to a familiar place. A very familiar place. It is Gallifrey, your home planet, but the decor and architecture seem very dated. You return inside your TARDIS to get a precise position of your time and space. It is the year 5740.2, three years after your birth.

You ask your TARDIS why she took you to this era. You reprimand her, telling her that it is against Gallifrey law to travel on overlapping timelines. You key in the coordinates to a far away time and far away location, completely far far away from where you are right now. But the TARDIS does not respond, does not adhere to your request.

That can only mean one thing: you are destined to be here. You ask the TARDIS if it’s an open paradox or a closed paradox. If it’s an open paradox, then any changes you make will presently affect you. If it’s a closed paradox, then any changes will not affect you. The problem with paradoxes is you never know which one you are in. With a deep breath, you step outside to the warm winds of Gallifrey.

SCENE 2
    • GOAL
    • Have a Friend relationship status with your parents

You take a stroll through the neighborhood, and the feeling of familiarity becomes too strong to ignore. You reach a park, then realize why this place looked familiar. It was your childhood neighborhood, and there by the pool was your tiny, toddler self.

You notice someone getting near your toddler-self, a man who looked suspicious and kept checking over his shoulder. You do not recognize this man, and you sense something bad is about to happen.

The stranger grabs your toddler-self and vanishes in thin air. You squint, noticing light refracting and bending around where the stranger had stood. A chameleon circuit, the same technology that makes your TARDIS blend in with the environment.

You point your sonic screwdriver immediately at the semi-invisible stranger. The sonic picks up the chameleon circuits’ signature to track him if he disappears through the crowd.

“Etel? Etel!” a distraught voice shouts. You recognize that voice. It is your mother.

Your father is also shouting for your toddler-self, the fear setting in his eyes.

You engage your sonic and learn that the stranger is on the move. You follow the prompts your sonic tells you, vibrating fast whenever you’re close.

As the pursuit continues, you take a turn and find yourself in a crowded plaza. The sonic vibrates faster until it begins to beep. You reach out to the refracted light and grab the stranger. He is still semi-invisible because of the chameleon circuit, so you disable it by shifting your sonic screwdriver’s frequency.

You glare at the stranger, and your grip never falters as he tries to extricate himself from you. Your toddler-self is finally rescued from the stranger’s arms to your father’s.

“Thank you! Thank you so much!” your father says to you.

The brief distraction loosens your hold. The stranger jumps back and vanishes. You point your sonic at his direction, hoping to disable the chameleon circuit, but the stranger is far from your sonic’s reach.

“Thank you kind stranger!” said your mother, stroking your toddler-self, trying to coo the child from crying.

The sight of your parents tugs at your hearts. You remember the day you had lost them from the Dalek invasion, but before the memory takes hold of your emotions, you quickly push it away. The memory is too much for you, and you don’t want to alarm them with your waterworks.

“Please, friend. We’d like to have you over for dinner as a form of thanks,” your father says.

You think of not taking the offer, afraid of the paradox. But a home-cooked meal is hard to refuse. So you nod, trying to hide your excitement.

SCENE 3
    • GOAL
    • Have a Friend relationship with your toddler-self

You walk alongside your parents and catch glimpses from your toddler-self. Your toddler-self smiles and giggles at you, somehow sensing that they know who you are.

“Etel seems friendly and not shy today,” your mother says. “Here.”

Your mother hands your toddler-self to you. Etel, the nickname your mother gave you, stares up at you with a wide grin. You approach your old home, and the sight of it fills you with longing. You stop in your tracks, trying to hold your emotions at bay.

“Are you alright, friend?” your father asks.

You shake it off and tell your father that something was in your eye. Stepping inside the house is even harder, but you seem to manage. The nostalgia and the precious memories come like a torrent.

While your mother cooks dinner, you care for Etel at the moment, playing with them and entertaining them. You tell Etel about your adventures while your father listens intently, intrigued by your stories. It seems that the paradox is a closed one since revealing these stories does not affect you currently. Then again, your toddler-self isn’t forming any memories yet.

Soon, you are seated at the table, having dinner once more with your parents. Your toddler-self is playing with their food, then proceeds to knock it off from the high-chair. There is reprimand and some scolding. You giggle at that.

By night, you say your good-bye. Another good-bye, possibly the final one. You tell your parents to love Etel no matter what. It is unnecessary since they have given that exactly to you growing up, but you feel that it must be stated once more.

“Etel? Of course. We can’t have enough of this cutey!” said your mother, tickling your toddler-self.

You smile and leave.

But you cannot hop out of this timestream just yet. The stranger is still on the loose. You may have averted your own disaster, but another toddler may be in danger. You take your sonic screwdriver out, flip it on and follow the vibration.

SCENE 4
    • GOAL
    • Have a Friend relationship status with The Perpetrator
    • View the notebooks on the desk

Your sonic takes you to a house with the lights turned down. Trespassing is the least of your concerns since you’re entering a criminal’s residence anyway. The door is already open, which you find odd. A trap must be set, so you enter with caution.

As you walk across the living room of the stranger’s house, you hear music playing somewhere further down. The music is coming from the basement, so you climb down the stairs.

You turn the homing sequence off on your sonic screwdriver. There, by a desk topped with electronics and other gizmos, was the stranger, playing the guitar. His fingers stops, and the music dies with it.

“You found me again, old friend,” he said.

You tell him that he is not your friend and definitely not an old friend either.

“So this is the first time you have met me.”

The Stranger laughs and throws his guitar against the wall, shattering it.

“Well, this won’t be the last time you’ll see of me. I was really hoping the open paradox would have gone to my favor, but time is not on my side. Never was.”

You get irritated and ask him what he had intended to do with your toddler-self.

“To extract your regenerations, of course. I’ve used up all of my regenerations, and to get more, I needed a child’s lifeforce. Who better to get a child’s lifeforce than my arch-nemesis?”

You realize that this person must have interacted with your future incarnations.

“My time is almost up, thanks to you. Now you know you’ve won in the end. Don’t worry. You lose some times, and those are big losses by the way. And those moments of your loss I will relish to my last breath.”

The Stranger begins to cough, and his body starts to spasm. You scan him with your sonic screwdriver and find radiation in his system. Whatever your future incarnation had done was taking its toll on the Stranger.

His skin begins to glow, but instead of the bright light that comes with every regeneration, the Perpetrator’s skin turned black as the void. His body deteriorates into dust, leaving only his clothes in a pile.

You approach the desk. A pile of books catches your eye. You open the notebook on top of the pile and skim at the first page. It is a journal of the Stranger’s encounter with you on a planet called Xibalba. You have never travelled to Xibalba, and you do not remember trapping the Perpetrator inside a--

You close the book and push it away. Reading them may help you with your encounters with the Stranger and possibly prevent losses--big losses. But to do so may change his timeline and your timeline, which can ultimately lead to his victory rather than his defeat.

A paradox trap.

It takes all of your will to push away the temptation. But you triumph over it. You turn and walk away, avoiding the spoilers that could be your undoing.

(Thank you for playing and/or reading this scenario. You can now use the neighborhood as a template for a Gallifreyan house. Also, you can delete your toddler-self and parents to close that timeline, if you wish.)
    edited May 2018
    Eeeep. Seasons? Can't wait to get my hands on that if it's confirmed. I'd like to have a scarf for my Time Lord like the Fourth Doctor.

EDIT: OMG it is seasons!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Seasons could have a lot of TL gameplay.
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    Hey there c:
    I'm so excited to get to this challenge! But I do have a question about the collections...

I can't complete all of them because I don't have all of the packs. Can I just count the ones I have as complete? Or does it have to be the whole collection? It'll be a while before I can afford to get the others...
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    Hey there c:
    I'm so excited to get to this challenge! But I do have a question about the collections...

I can't complete all of them because I don't have all of the packs. Can I just count the ones I have as complete? Or does it have to be the whole collection? It'll be a while before I can afford to get the others...

Hi Tiger! You don't have to complete all of the collections since you only have to do 6. The base game has a total of 13, so choose which 6 you want to complete.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Seasons could have a lot of TL gameplay.

We'll finally have our own Christmas episode. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top