Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with getting Sims into the world...

I've been watching YouTubers do Sim videos with loads of characters from the gallery and I thought "I want to do that too!". I know how to download characters from the gallery and the like but I have a few major problems...
  1. Whenever I try and add a Sim to the world form the gallery, it gives them 20k to start off with, leaving me with a few shoddy houses for choice. How are YouTubers able to get so many into their games so quickly?
  2. In these same videos, I have seen many Sims who don't appear to have houses. Either they have just never been shown or they're homeless, which I believe is more likely as there are too many Sims for the limited number of lots, combined with the many vanilla Sims still in their game. So how do I get Sims to appear in the world without placing them in a house?
maxresdefault.jpg

I have a son lightspeeeeeed!

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    1. You can use a cheat to change the amount of money your Sim has. (You can use this at any time.) The Sim must be on a home lot (the lot can either have a house or not, it doesn't matter); press the shift Ctrl and C buttons at the same time to open up the cheat window then type:
    testingcheats true
    Enter
    Money *any amount*
    Enter
    Esc

2. You can add Sims to your world a couple of ways
    a. When in Manage World mode choose Create New Household to Move In from the bottom right corner, after you save the household you will return to Manage Worlds and see Moving With *insert name here*. Click the red x to cancel the move and the Sims will now be part of your world. To play them, you will need to move them into a lot otherwise, they will be "townies" that you see walking around or at work or on retail lots.

b. The other way is to click on Manage Households up on the top right corner in Manage World mode. Now you can see all of your played (My Households) and unplayed (Other Households) Sims. You can go into CAS for any house from here and add or delete Sims as you please. If you want to delete an entire family and replace them with all new Sims you may. You can also transfer Sims that live in one household to another household and rotate them in and out of the world.

Hope that makes sense!
  • JurassicKingJurassicKing Posts: 63 Member
    I started the moving process with a Sim. in the bottom left corner I clicked the X and they disappeared. They should still be in my world now, yes?

I also tried to rotate Sims in and out of the world. The lot became empty after doing so and upon looking at the two sims I tried swapping, thye had swapped household names, but it said neither was in the world.
    maxresdefault.jpg

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    you can use the "freerealestate on" cheat to be able to move them into any lot for free, without having to enter the household first.

when a household is labeled "not in world", it doesn't mean they won't appear in your game. It just means they don't have a house. Any household that you can see in "manage worlds" whether they have a home or not will be eligible to appear in your game.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    @JurassicKing
    1. Yes, that Sim is part of your world as a townie. You should run into them while out and about. If you want to play them, you will have to move them onto a lot. Otherwise, they are an unplayed townie. They should be in Manage Households under the Other Households tab.

2. To move a Sim into a neighborhood, they must be associated with a lot. Say Bob Vance lives in Willow Creek and you want to combine households with townie Phyllis Lapin. You can merge the two households in Manage Households. If you move Bob into Phyllis' family he will lose his lot and the Household name will be Lapin. However, if you move Phyllis in with Bob, they both will appear on his lot and the Household name will be Vance.

*You can change the last name of the household by typing over the current name and hitting the enter key. If you do not hit enter the change will not save.
    ***In CAS their names will still show as Bob Vance and Phyllis Lupin unless you change their names.
    Cupid wrote: »
    you can use the "freerealestate on" cheat to be able to move them into any lot for free, without having to enter the household first.

when a household is labeled "not in world", it doesn't mean they won't appear in your game. It just means they don't have a house. Any household that you can see in "manage worlds" whether they have a home or not will be eligible to appear in your game.

I gotcha! That really helps. Thank you so much!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Bananas_45 wrote: »
    1. You can use a cheat to change the amount of money your Sim has. (You can use this at any time.) The Sim must be on a home lot (the lot can either have a house or not, it doesn't matter); press the shift Ctrl and C buttons at the same time to open up the cheat window then type:
    testingcheats true
    Enter
    Money *any amount*
    Enter
    Esc

2. You can add Sims to your world a couple of ways
    a. When in Manage World mode choose Create New Household to Move In from the bottom right corner, after you save the household you will return to Manage Worlds and see Moving With *insert name here*. Click the red x to cancel the move and the Sims will now be part of your world. To play them, you will need to move them into a lot otherwise, they will be "townies" that you see walking around or at work or on retail lots.

b. The other way is to click on Manage Households up on the top right corner in Manage World mode. Now you can see all of your played (My Households) and unplayed (Other Households) Sims. You can go into CAS for any house from here and add or delete Sims as you please. If you want to delete an entire family and replace them with all new Sims you may. You can also transfer Sims that live in one household to another household and rotate them in and out of the world.

Hope that makes sense!

I actually tried doing what you said, clicking ont he X and the Sim did not even appear in Not in World. I filtered it to ONLY show these Sims, but he wasn't there.
    maxresdefault.jpg

They usually end up in the "other households" tab when you do that. They might be there.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    I checked that tab and sure enough, they are not there.
    maxresdefault.jpg

edited April 2018
    Well, there's no reason why that shouldn't be working, but you can always just move them into a house after you create them and then evict them. It should accomplish the same thing.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    I will try that and see how it goes. Fortunately there are empty houses in this world so I won't have as much guilt :D
    maxresdefault.jpg

The household is now under "my households" and is also "not in world". It worked!!
    maxresdefault.jpg