Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does one change ones Username?

AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
edited February 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Hello, just like the title says, Is it possible to change ones username on The Sims Forum. I recently Changed my Origin account username to Godzilla-Force, and I want to know if I can do for my Sims Forum Account?

Comments

• KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited February 2017
    It isn't without the help of a forum moderator. I was told to either send a PM directly to @SimGuruDrake or post a request on her profile page explaining the reason for the username change. Both of which I did some time ago, but haven't received a response. Perhaps she's just very busy or maybe this isn't being done anymore. Either way, I don't have any desire to be impatient or rude, so maybe time will tell.
  • UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    Unfortunately no you cannot change your username I wanted to change mine too but it isn't possible. Looking at the moderator's profile they never responded to comments about username changes so I am guessing that usernames are not changeable anymore.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    Unfortunately no you cannot change your username I wanted to change mine too but it isn't possible. Looking at the moderator's profile they never responded to comments about username changes so I am guessing that usernames are not changeable anymore.

They still change users names when they get the chance. SimGuruDrake usually does comment on them when she has changed the names... :) SGDrake probably ends up removing the posts with the name change request at a later time. But people have had their names being change in recent weeks. Drake is just a busy person and will get to them when she can... :)

• KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited February 2017
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    They still change users names when they get the chance. SimGuruDrake usually does comment on them when she has changed the names... :) SGDrake probably ends up removing the posts with the name change request at a later time. But people have had their names being change in recent weeks. Drake is just a busy person and will get to them when she can... :)

Ah okay, good to know. Figured that was the case. I understand how it is to be really busy so there's no big hurry. :)

• DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    The title is strangely polite; I didn't expect to see the Queen's English on the internet! xD I guess the world is a big place!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've heard you have a better chance at requesting a name change if your username is your real name.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • RaniblossomeRaniblossome Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks for the info!