Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console Forums - where is what?

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
Hello all,

As we have recently added a few new forums for The Sims 4 on Console I thought I would give you a quick rundown of what is what and where is the what :)
(I know - super confusing...)

So to kick things off, this section here - The Sims 4 Console Discussion - is the home for all your general discussions regarding the Sims 4 on Console!

Game feedback and requests for change/additions is over around the corner in The Sims 4 Console Game Feedback.

For bug reporting and technical issues we would love for you to head over to Answers HQ where many other players and our wonderful colleagues are helping out!

The Sims 4 Console Technical Issues - need any kind of help with the console game, this is the place for you!

The Sims 4 Bug Reports - found a bug? Hit 'New Topic', fill out the bug report form and post it!

Hope this clears things up a bit, but as always if you have any questions just tag me in your post below and I'll pop over :)

Thanks,
-Mage
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited November 2017
    Thx you
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    slamonda wrote: »
    Thx cat big help

• JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Thanks for the info.
  • KnightofcrescentKnightofcrescent Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't believe that there is no color wheel or option to customize clothes like in Sims 3, it feels wierd.
  • Blackscar2Blackscar2 Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="Knightofcrescent;c-16168916"]I can't believe that there is no color wheel or option to customize clothes like in Sims 3, it feels wierd.[/quote]

Agreed
  • TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    Thx for the info mage :smile:
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    why cant i make a new thread?
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @crashhat141 New forum members cannot create new discussions until they reach Member rank.

Some help and more info in the following thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    Thank you mage
  • Faye_ButtonsFaye_Buttons Posts: 16 Member
    How do I view posts I’ve left on the technical thread? If I go into my profile it says I’ve created 3 posts but i can’t see anyway of viewing them and seeing if they’ve been commented on. Thanks
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @Faye_Buttons Can you see your replies to threads on the following page: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/comments/1757486/Faye_Buttons ?

-Mage
  • OmqTaylorOmqTaylor Posts: 25 Member
    If anyone is looking for a discord server for sims 4 PS4 I got one for you! h6jZFat < type that in join a server
  • icchigo13icchigo13 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am having a major problem in game and i cant post a topic on here so im gonna leave this here
    Cause i dont know what else to do. How do you open the taking photo option on the ps4? It keeps randomly open the camera to take a photo and it won't let me close it all the time it just gets stuck in camera mode and i lose hours of game play. Please help me
  • Alex101594Alex101594 Posts: 1 New Member
    Need Sims 4 on the Nintendo Switch.
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    Well, there is double tapping share button, or pressing it then hitting triangle.
    Xbox you just hit the Xbox button, followed by the Y.

That's...that's all I'm aware of really. Surprised there isn't a photo mode like in AC Origins, but not a concern really. So many features, just like 'huh' when it wasn't there. Plus all these screenshots you see, from PC I assume, just made me wonder.
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    How do I earn points or whatever so I can post a new topic?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    shotbyron wrote: »
    How do I earn points or whatever so I can post a new topic?

By posting on threads.
    Replying to posts
    Getting likes
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• lazorlazor Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi all. Sorry to necrobump but I've had a question burning about the console version since I've played it. When I got 4 I was disappointed that as far as I know the feature to leave your lot and follow your Sim to work was apparently removed. Then I saw that there were expansion and game packs available for PS4 for and I wonder if that feature was either taken out completely or shoved in a pack. Personally, I do understand if EA did put it in something you have to buy but that was how I always improved my Sims skills. Like in real life I do like being able to leave the house and it's more that I miss, not just following him to work, which I figured is probably the Get To Work pack. So that being said, am I right in thinking that or was the option in the game all along and I just missed out how to activate it? I don't think I did because the map just shows empty lots, not the town anymore.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @lazor

It sounds to me you are confusing Sims 3 and Sims 4. In the Sims 4, the Get to Work expansion was the first time careers were offered where you follow your sim to work. City Living offered a work from home option. It is not an open world game and you do have loading screens when traveling. Before those expansions, your Sim left for work like a rabbit hole, leaving you to answer chance cards.
    > @NorthDakotaGamer said:
    > @lazor
    >
    > It sounds to me you are confusing Sims 3 and Sims 4. In the Sims 4, the Get to Work expansion was the first time careers were offered where you follow your sim to work. City Living offered a work from home option. It is not an open world game and you do have loading screens when traveling. Before those expansions, your Sim left for work like a rabbit hole, leaving you to answer chance cards.

I am. And I'm going by the console versions exclusively since I've never been able to play any of the PC versions like I said. Going by those, 3 was the first console version to allow you to follow your Sim to work. In 4 I was a little disappointed that it wasn't included in the base game since I did like being able to choose what he/she did at work to an extent and it gave me something to look at other than the house the whole time he/she is working, and the aforementioned visiting the town. I suppose I can take it as a nod to the original Sims as in that one you were confined to the house, though I still stand by what I said about it.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    lazor wrote: »
    > @NorthDakotaGamer said:
    > @lazor
    >
    > It sounds to me you are confusing Sims 3 and Sims 4. In the Sims 4, the Get to Work expansion was the first time careers were offered where you follow your sim to work. City Living offered a work from home option. It is not an open world game and you do have loading screens when traveling. Before those expansions, your Sim left for work like a rabbit hole, leaving you to answer chance cards.

I am. And I'm going by the console versions exclusively since I've never been able to play any of the PC versions like I said. Going by those, 3 was the first console version to allow you to follow your Sim to work. In 4 I was a little disappointed that it wasn't included in the base game since I did like being able to choose what he/she did at work to an extent and it gave me something to look at other than the house the whole time he/she is working, and the aforementioned visiting the town. I suppose I can take it as a nod to the original Sims as in that one you were confined to the house, though I still stand by what I said about it.

You can still choose what they're doing at work (work hard, chat with coworkers, etc.) if that's what you mean by "being able to choose what he/she did at work".
    > @floralney said:
    > lazor wrote: »
    >
    > > @NorthDakotaGamer said:
    > > @lazor
    > >
    > > It sounds to me you are confusing Sims 3 and Sims 4. In the Sims 4, the Get to Work expansion was the first time careers were offered where you follow your sim to work. City Living offered a work from home option. It is not an open world game and you do have loading screens when traveling. Before those expansions, your Sim left for work like a rabbit hole, leaving you to answer chance cards.
    >
    > I am. And I'm going by the console versions exclusively since I've never been able to play any of the PC versions like I said. Going by those, 3 was the first console version to allow you to follow your Sim to work. In 4 I was a little disappointed that it wasn't included in the base game since I did like being able to choose what he/she did at work to an extent and it gave me something to look at other than the house the whole time he/she is working, and the aforementioned visiting the town. I suppose I can take it as a nod to the original Sims as in that one you were confined to the house, though I still stand by what I said about it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can still choose what they're doing at work (work hard, chat with coworkers, etc.) if that's what you mean by "being able to choose what he/she did a@lazor

I tried but on the PS4 version I could not get that option to come up. I tried every button, checked the options and even tried to find out how online but I could not get that to activate.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @lazor

Chick on the sim while they are at work. That is where you choose options like: work hard, socialize with co-workers, normal, slack off, etc. Same for kid and teens going to school. That is how you decide what they do while at work rabbit hole.
  • MoonBaby0803MoonBaby0803 Posts: 34 Member
    Does anyone know where I could go to get information on the parenthood pack?
  • GalaxyDreamerGalaxyDreamer Posts: 4 New Member
    [b]Sims 4 can't go home on PS4[/b]
    I recently bought Sims 4 and had my two Sims go on a date. After it was over I tried to leave but I couldn't. I also couldn't control the Sims on the date but that might just be part of the game. I tried using the phone to travel but couldn't. I tried going home in manage worlds, but the date wasn't officially ended and I still couldn't control things. This is a problem because one passed out and the other caught on fire. I restarted my game and tried again. Still can't control them. Tried the early exit button and it didn't work. Help?