Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WIP (Pottersville) - New Update (8/3/23)

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
After I told myself, "Never again," I started working on a new world tentatively titled, "Pottersville." Just posting this so people know that yes, CAW is very much alive and yes, players are still creating worlds.

Don't have much in place yet. Just trying to flesh out different areas of the world.

Here is the po' side of town:

Fcu68e5.jpg

Waterside park:

ciBH3u9.jpg

Cascading plaza, which will be series of raised platforms:

adEnVyn.jpg

Will post more pics as I go along.

EiFlric.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    It looks interesting :) more pics when you can please.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Thanks. I'll post as many pics as I can.
    EiFlric.png
    Did more work on the main plaza/Downtown area. Still not sure about some of the buildings I'll have in the finalized version. In any event, it'll be a plateau of white plazas that cascade down a series of white steps. It's still pretty bare right now because I haven't added any trees or decor yet:

xsVy2Qy.jpg

42d666t.jpg

6SHz3Kc.jpg

EiFlric.png
    Love the steps idea, it makes the main plaza look very grand :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    @Bettyboop55 Thanks. That was the idea! (To look grand, majestic.) Hopefully,it'll look even grander when I add more stuff. :)
    EiFlric.png
    Did some more work over the weekend.

City Hall:

GGecu7t.jpg

QrogDIb.jpg

Downtown Main Street:

RQFSan7.jpg

View from river side park:

LHeaf1c.jpg
    EiFlric.png
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Whoa it's looking great! You work so fast :D
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    This is awesome, very nice work! :smiley:
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
    Looking good <3

Sim enim est vita
    @KhemKat19 , @Bettyboop55 , @Shae , thanks! <3 Gonna do more work on the parks this week and start on residences. Hoping what I'm doing here inspires everyone to keep using CAW.
    EiFlric.png
  • peantbutrprincspeantbutrprincs Posts: 22 Member
    So pleasing to see others are still building sims 3 worlds! Long live TS3.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Great work so far! I always have to admire the work and patience that goes into creating worlds. You world builders have much more patience than I do! I can hardly finish making a house. Lol
    Hey, everyone. Looks like I'm back working on this world. Sorry for the long hiatus, but there were lots of things happening offline. Plus, I wound up losing my hard drive at some point (also losing progress on some of the worlds I'd been working on) and became so discouraged that I quit CAW. In any event, without further ado...

Hacienda Drive neighborhood:

Screenshot-1207.jpg

Screenshot-1208.jpg

Screenshot-1235.jpg

Jolla Estates:

Screenshot-1249.jpg

Screenshot-1251.jpg

More pics in the future as I update.

EiFlric.png
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Welcome back! ^_^ Oh maaaan losing your harddrive that's rough...glad to see you get over that hump. This world is looking very nice. Love the multilayered ground levels in the downtown section.
    Welcome back! ^_^ Oh maaaan losing your harddrive that's rough...glad to see you get over that hump. This world is looking very nice. Love the multilayered ground levels in the downtown section.

Thanks. It was the first time that had ever happened to me in 20 plus years of computing. It was particularly upsetting, because I always back up my stuff, so the drive failure happened the one time I didn't (but of course... :|).
    EiFlric.png
    I haven't disappeared, LOL. I've been busy laying down roads, highways, etc.:

Screenshot-1305.jpg

Screenshot-1309.jpg

Screenshot-1312.jpg

EiFlric.png
    Some other pics to show some of the progress I've made so far. Keep in mind that I still haven't placed key details yet (like terrain painting, billboards, etc.), so things may look a little bare:

Screenshot-1304.jpg

Screenshot-1303.jpg

Screenshot-1302.jpg

EiFlric.png
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    Like all your worlds this looking awesome!
    Firby nurbs!
    @fxchrfxchr : Thanks a lot! <3

Just fleshed out an area of Pottersville called "Co-op City". It's not finished yet, though; I have a lot of terrain painting and some other finishing touches to do.

Screenshot-1338.jpg

EiFlric.png
    Hello again!

I fleshed out some more of the world over the past two weeks and have some in-game shots. Keep in mind that the world is far from finished and is missing a lot of finishing touches (terrain paint, landscaping, etc.). This is just a preview.

City Hall and Downtown at night. (Half roundabout is still unfinished):

Screenshot-1380.jpg

Downtown again:

Screenshot-1381.jpg

Co-Op City at dawn. Still unfinished. It's currently missing three Bridgeport Towers in the background (I removed them temporarily), so if the sky looks a little bare, don't worry. I'll be adding them back soon:

Screenshot-1384.jpg

The beach. It's still unfinished, as well as the large hill with the radio towers. I should be working on that area shortly:

Screenshot-1385.jpg

EiFlric.png
    Did some more work this past week, a little bit of terrain painting, laying down of roads and some landscaping. Keep in mind that this is pretty much a "rough draft." There'll be more detail added in the near future:

Screenshot-1399.jpg

Screenshot-1401.jpg

Screenshot-1403.jpg

Screenshot-1406.jpg

EiFlric.png
  • TombRaider_TombRaider_ Posts: 24 Member
    I love the look and layout of this world!
    @TombRaider_ : Thanks! Glad you like what you see so far. Hopefully, the world won't fail to disappoint once completed.

I have some more updates. I've been testing out the area that I call "Cascade Plaza." It was a bit difficult working out routing because it's all a series of stepped platforms. It looks sparse because I haven't fleshed it all out yet. I am currently adding more stuff now that routing seems to be working fine:

Screenshot-1514.jpg

Screenshot-1460.jpg

Screenshot-1537.jpg

EiFlric.png
    Some work done in the neighborhood, Hacienda Drive:

Screenshot-1473.jpg

Screenshot-1236.jpg

Screenshot-1440.jpg

EiFlric.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list