Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did Dine Out break?

I used to play Dine Out with no issues, but it's been a while since I've revisited it. I'm trying again and....oh my god, it just does not work. The customers will not stay seated. They leave to go jogging while their partner sits at the table, and then return only to complain about wait times. Then every other guest just spends the entire time talking in the bathroom and refuses to sit down. I just can't get them to sit down and eat. When they are seated, any time I try to welcome them or talk to them, they get up to talk to me instead of staying seated.

And no, I don't have any mods or CC.

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Is your game fully up to date? A lot of those things were previous issues, but they were fixed in patches. It's been good for my sims. Mine stay seated most of the time now.

If your game is up to date - maybe try a game repair. Maybe that will fix it.

Sorry you are having issues.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    SilentSpy0 wrote: »
    I used to play Dine Out with no issues, but it's been a while since I've revisited it. I'm trying again and....oh my god, it just does not work. The customers will not stay seated. They leave to go jogging while their partner sits at the table, and then return only to complain about wait times. Then every other guest just spends the entire time talking in the bathroom and refuses to sit down. I just can't get them to sit down and eat. When they are seated, any time I try to welcome them or talk to them, they get up to talk to me instead of staying seated.

And no, I don't have any mods or CC.

Try repairing you're game and see if that fixes the issue.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Yes, take the advice given because DO has been working just fine for me lately.

But I do still see sims elsewhere go on a random jog. What's that all about?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Are you owning the restaurant? I've heard owning it is a mess but simply visiting to dine there is relatively okay.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    game fix... how do you go about doing that?
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    If you mean visiting then none of that is happening in my game. In fact it is much better than back when it was released.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I haven't tried running a restaurant but for about a month recently, I was having serious issues taking my sims to restaurants and getting them to stay seated and I was having to cancel the "go home" action all the time. It seems to have gotten gradually better after a couple of patches but is not quite back to where it should be.
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    I have all updates and have repaired, but the only issue remains is the food served is always normal not excellent quality.