Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you liking Jungle Adventures so far?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    JayidaiJayidai Posts: 127 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Of course, I could go on and on about what I don't like, but I keep sending my Sims on vacation and I'm still playing. I love the building decor and furnishings and whole feel of it. I am hoping one day my Sims will learn the cha-cha dance that I see the locals dancing in the bar area. I haven't played S4 in years and I'm playing again, so I think Jungle Adventures was worth it.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited March 2018
    Its was worth it!
    There is more than 1 question mark. 1 lady said she found 9 different temples, but couldn't find the 10th. Please help

There are many different "secret" locations in the jungle to explore and find artifacts and treasure. Each of these locations is represented by a question mark on the map. You can get to them by removing the vines blocking the relevant gate (although you cannot always unblock all of the gates on every trip). Only one of these locations is a temple. It is always found by going through the same gate and it always looks the same from the outside. But when you go inside, the internal structure/layout can be different, with different challenges for your sim to meet. This layout is chosen randomly whenever your sim goes on vacation to Selvadorada, so you will not necessarily always get a different one each time. You could get the same one two, or even three times in a row (this has happened to me). I read somewhere that there are five possible layouts (in which case there is still one that I haven't seen yet), but I am not sure whether this is true. So no, there are not ten different temples in the game. I hope this helps.

To answer the OP's question, I am definitely enjoying this game pack, mainly I think because it is so different from the rest of Sims 4. I find that really refreshing. Also the world is beautiful and I love the whole jungle/explorer vibe. I can think of a number of things that could have been done better, but I like the fact that exploring the jungle is only one part of the vacation experience. That said, I am gradually coming to the conclusion that one really ought to have Outdoor Retreat in order to get the most out of the pack. I don't have it yet, but I am now seriously thinking of buying it (clever move EA!).
    Post edited by FKM100 on
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I find this pack extremely boring. Waited 2 days to play again and closed it after 5 min in this world. The world looks amazing though, but what is there to do? Seriously???

I do not want to explore tombs. I just wanted to camp in the wilderness, play unusual games, sit and sing around a campfire. But witht he lack of new activities or outside games for children or adults.. what can you do to keep your sims busy. i went with a family of 6 and 4 of them are children or teens. I did not see many sims on the lots as well, so yeah... BORING. Very boring.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited April 2018
    Its was worth it!
    I find this pack extremely boring. Waited 2 days to play again and closed it after 5 min in this world. The world looks amazing though, but what is there to do? Seriously???

I do not want to explore tombs. I just wanted to camp in the wilderness, play unusual games, sit and sing around a campfire. But witht he lack of new activities or outside games for children or adults.. what can you do to keep your sims busy. i went with a family of 6 and 4 of them are children or teens. I did not see many sims on the lots as well, so yeah... BORING. Very boring.

Try visiting the cantina. Meet the locals and learn about Selvadoradean culture. Listen to the new dance music and let your sims dance the rumbasim. Try out the new local foods at the food stall. I added a foosball table and a dartboard to my cantina so that there would be more for my sims to do there, but it's up to you. I don't think this pack was ever intended to be child-orientated, though. If you are just looking for a nice family vacation, you are probably better off with Granite Falls.
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    Can't say yet but planning to buy the next time that game packs go on sale.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    Its was worth it!
    It was worth it. There is lots to explore and always more temples. The totems are very useful and you can use them after the cool down so it's like having another type of magic other than the vampire powers and alien's. I get a kick out of the lot traits (Creepy crawlies specifically) and your sims can become skeletons themselves not to mention having curses in the game gives it more of a challenge as your sim has to learn the culture in order to over come many curses.

You can also summon a skeleton to serve your sims.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Blew away my expectations!
    This was the first and ONLY time I've ever bought a new pack on release date. I'm glad to say that decision hasn't disappointed me. If EA makes a bigger or better pack, I might buy on launch again. Though honestly, I'm not sure if they'll be able to top it. :)

So far, I've had 3 different games in the jungle.

1- Lisa Bunch. Lisa has actually been out twice - though the second time was to get a cure for the "Marked for death by poisoning" curse (mostly). The return to the temple was just an after thought.

2- Mary Burns. Mary is the second Sim I created in Sims4, so I'm (somewhat) protective of her. It was only after my guinea pig - I mean - Lisa went into the jungle (so I could see what it was like), that I ALLOWED Mary to go out and explore.

3- Anna Belle, Summer Holiday (as a ghost), and Katrina Caliente. This was the first time I had a group expedition. I figured I should try it out with adults first, before trying it with families (sometime soon). Sadly, Anna lost her friend, Summer before the expedition. So I had to wait for her ghost to show up, to add her to the family (playable ghost). I also had Katrina come along, since she was the "brains" of the operation. My Sim and Summer were out goofing off, while she did (most of) the work.
    Am I ready to try a family expedition? These 3 were a handful - just trying to keep kids straight in the jungle is going to be a nightmare. But I think I can do it... I think :/
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I feel like it gets boring to do the same things with different sims all the time. I am not that impressed with it to be honest and maybe because I disliked World Adventures because it wasn't really a vacation there. You needed to explore temples to increase the time you spent there.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh I love it - but then I play like I live in real life - as it is a life simulation - lol so I am not one that always needs thing to do and see. I take my time exploring - probably spend as much time with my sims new JA friends - socializing, eating, drinking, dancing and talking. The adventure side, well there is no time limit or urgency to get anything really - so my sims also take their time and balance - enjoying a bit of adventuring . It is after all a vacation - not a job or a competition.

I am never bored in the Sims though - and love the change of scenery and sims in all the worlds including JA and OR. I actually sort of treat the vacation worlds as places to go to VISIT, relax, and casually enjoy what they offer with out worrying about jobs and schedules - etc. So yes, been playing JA since it came out and got to say still loving it.

I doubt I will ever feel there is nothing to do there because I don't attempt to clean out all the temples or complete anything - etc as quick as I can - That's a job to me - not a vacation. My sim relaxes and enjoys the dig spots and temples like I would in real life - on a vacation. My sims always goes on vacations 7 days at a time when they have at least 7 days earned vacation time - so every thing in my game is well paced and sims never run out of things to do and find.

Truthfully if I wanted an adventure game - I'd probably go play one instead of the Sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2018
    Its was worth it!
    It is great with one major flaw- I am having a good time but my sims are not!!!

I take them on adventures and their fun bars are depleted every day of the entire vacation. Not just one sim but all five of them. They often have bored moods and I have to keep turning cheats on to force them to be happy when their fun goes to red. Why....why did they not make going on vacation fun for sims? I feel like I'm making my sims miserable. I would enjoy this much more if I felt like my sims were aware they were on vacation!!

Anyone else's sims having issue with fun bars being drained by exploring the jungle?
    Post edited by soko37 on
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    Its pretty, nothing special.
    Way below Adventures pack of Sims3. I know, I know, it is called Jungle Adventure, so it is only one, but still, I was expecting more.
    Visuals are really nice, rumbasim is funny, relics as well.
    ''me runs to awake bonehilda''
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I adore it. The scenery is fantastic and I love the puzzles. My boys seem very interested in it and there's a lot for them to do (or for me to make them do). I just recently had them discover their second temple and I've had the game since it first came out. Discovering the baths was a surprise and more a surprise when my Sims decided to skinny dip lol That's just them though, always doing stuff like that. I admit I had my doubts because for me the Granite Falls pack fell seriously short with so much. It's boring big time. One of my Sims always cries when he's there if that's saying anything. Yeah, this was well worth it for me ...everything....game play, scenery, the new dance, the new build stuff....just yes.
  • Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    Its was worth it!
    Beautiful scenery, handy for a nice relaxing getaway and an adventurous getaway for the three youngest boys in the family too.