Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should pre 2014 threads be removed?

One thing that happens from time to time is an old thread from the TS3 forums gets bumped and while this is usually innocent as some players find the thread through Google it seems that most of those old threads have very little relevance today as TS3 is long since complete so there is no need for old speculation threads to be revived accidently and if anyone has a TS3 related question then they can easily start a thread in the TS3 GD.

If a thread is still being posted in as is sometimes the case with some CAW threads then I see no harm in it remaining but I have always felt that it is odd that everything got transferred from the old forums to this one leaving dozens of old threads that could accidently be revived and then need to be closed.

Anyone got any views on this?
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi @king_of_simcity7 ,

Thank you for the feedback on this, but in general we wouldn't remove threads if at all possible, as they serve as tremendous knowledge pool.

There are options of automatically closing threads, but these automatic options would not differentiate between long running thread that see daily activity and everything else, so we would run into an opposite problem - unnecessarily closed threads.

I think the current system we have of closing necrod threads where necessary is working out so far :smiley:

Thanks,
    -Mage