Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    This might be a bit of a stretch, but the sims you chose are all from those who have popular stories..... a bit of a stretch but they all write well known and read stories...

I wouldn't really consider any of mine to be 'well-known'. :lol: I don't mind how these things work out. Sometimes, certain sims fit the plots of stories more than others. I know sometimes I have a hard time trying to think of how sims can fit into a plot I've already created in my head. Just my point of view on the whole thing. :) I get what you mean but I also get the other side of it with having a plot in mind already. :)

Good point @Bugsie2016! @LillyDoves I just have to say I've never written a story before an she picked two of my sims for the last gen. I feel so honored she did! <3
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    This might be a bit of a stretch, but the sims you chose are all from those who have popular stories..... a bit of a stretch but they all write well known and read stories...

I wouldn't really consider any of mine to be 'well-known'. :lol: I don't mind how these things work out. Sometimes, certain sims fit the plots of stories more than others. I know sometimes I have a hard time trying to think of how sims can fit into a plot I've already created in my head. Just my point of view on the whole thing. :) I get what you mean but I also get the other side of it with having a plot in mind already. :)

Thanks...Part of it definitely was the stories. Part of it was what I had in mind for the characters I chose as well. :)
    haswh wrote: »

Good point @Bugsie2016! @LillyDoves I just have to say I've never written a story before an she picked two of my sims for the last gen. I feel so honored she did! <3

Thanks @haswh! I am honored to have so many submissions to choose from. <3 Sadly someone gets a little disappointed. :'(
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    So excited for Cole's gen!!!!!! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Oh @LillyDoves - I am so sorry you are disappointed in who was chosen to be a potential love interest for Cole. :'( Actually it was a hard choice to make. And to be honest, the way I chose which one would be the end game was whose genetics blended the best with Cole's - very shallow I admit.

I think we're all guilty of this. I know I am. Shhh! :wink:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    @AudreyFld, it’s alright. There were a lot of good sims to choose from and I kind of let my jealousy get the better of me. I’m glad she has a part though and I would love Cole’s Gen even if she didn’t. Definitely curious to see how Naomi is going to mentor Cole given her own distrust towards her mom. I can’t wait to read the prologue :)
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic

Oh @LillyDoves - I am so sorry you are disappointed in who was chosen to be a potential love interest for Cole. :'( Actually it was a hard choice to make. And to be honest, the way I chose which one would be the end game was whose genetics blended the best with Cole's - very shallow I admit.

OMG! So glad I am not alone in this.... :blush:
    @AudreyFld, it’s alright. There were a lot of good sims to choose from and I kind of let my jealousy get the better of me. I’m glad she has a part though and I would love Cole’s Gen even if she didn’t. Definitely curious to see how Naomi is going to mentor Cole given her own distrust towards her mom. I can’t wait to read the prologue :)

Thank you! <3 I'm glad your looking forward to the prologue. Naomi and Josiah Lewis are husband and wife in the story. Josiah is the Vet that Cole looks up to. So it's really him, but they are a package deal. :) The back story for the side characters don't really play much of a role as they are not developed like some of the others. I am sure everyone is a bit let down when their sim doesn't make it. You wouldn't be normal if you weren't a little green. :mrgreen: There's always next time and other's have casting calls. :)
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

OMG! So glad I am not alone in this.... :blush:

You're definitely not as I occasionally do that. (As well as using CAS to produce offspring) XD
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited April 2018
    @LillyDoves Not to sabotage this thread, but I am look for sim selfies for my #BuildNewcrest story. Oh, this is a Build Newcrest story too. :grimace: ... Anyway, if you have a sim selfie let me know.

Back to the New Beginnings regular scheduled programming.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @LillyDoves Not to sabotage this thread, but I am look for sim selfies for my #BuildNewcrest story. Oh, this is a Build Newcrest story too. :grimace: ... Anyway, if you have a sim selfie let me know.

Cool, I’m currently trying to get my game to load again so it might be a while.

@AudreyFld Prologue???? Need to see Cole... and maybe you could give us a open to change posting schedule?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    The Prologue for Cole’s gen is here! Meet some of his friends and most of all - Duke. <3

Cole gets the doggo he wanted after his sister was born
    04-08-18_6-49-11c2a0pm1.png

Cool, I’m currently trying to get my game to load again so it might be a while.

@AudreyFld Prologue???? Need to see Cole... and maybe you could give us a open to change posting schedule?

We posted at the same time! The Prologue for his gen is posted. Until I get caught up the “subject to change” posting schedule is truly very subject to change! :joy: So I plan to post on Saturday and Wednesday until I can get several chapters under my belt and then I will speed up. So the next chapter is planned for Saturday. My goal is to post at least 3 per week and most times 4. That might start happening in a couple of weeks. Crossing my fingers.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Cole is so sweet! I love how he wants to be a vet. Great beginning to Cole's gen! <3
    haswh wrote: »
    Cole is so sweet! I love how he wants to be a vet. Great beginning to Cole's gen! <3

He is sweet. He didn’t really experience the same upheaval that Ben had to go through, he was too young to be affected. He sees the world through rose colored glasses. o:)<3o:) He totally wants to be a Vet and is laser focused on that goal.
    Sofia was amazing in the prologue! She was so ready to tell him no more animals! Ben was good to, I am really happy everything is going well for them. I can’t wait to read the next chapter!
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
    Sofia was amazing in the prologue! She was so ready to tell him no more animals! Ben was good to, I am really happy everything is going well for them. I can’t wait to read the next chapter!

Ben got lucky with Sofia. Of course you know she’s going to lose that battle... who can say no to Cole... or the one that promises really good Tiramisu! :joy:
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Excited to see the prologue - I feel like we're set up for a good time with his new friends. I'm excited to see how you're going to bring the Build Newcrest/I'm a Lover components, because I feel like this is going to be a dramatic generation.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Excited to see the prologue - I feel like we're set up for a good time with his new friends. I'm excited to see how you're going to bring the Build Newcrest/I'm a Lover components, because I feel like this is going to be a dramatic generation.

Haha! Been reading the rules have you? >:) Yes...there will be drama. As sweet as things are now....things will get a little, let’s say, more dramatic as Cole grows up. We will just have to wait and see! We won’t be in his childhood years much longer, just 3 more chapters and we move to the teen years...

Haha! Been reading the rules have you? >:) Yes...there will be drama. As sweet as things are now....things will get a little, let’s say, more dramatic as Cole grows up. We will just have to wait and see! We won’t be in his childhood years much longer, just 3 more chapters and we move to the teen years...

Maybe you should spoil us with some cute Amelia and Cole pictures to make up for only 3 child chapters?
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    ... who can say no to Cole...

Probably NOT the 5 ladies in your sig. xD

Very enchanting prologue. :) I already love the kids and Doc&Naomi.

Poor Ben, I cant even imagine what a panic attack he will get when his little daughter will become pregnant one day...
    Good that Cole isn't a girl, if he was, as a daughter of Grace, Ben would freak out even more in such a situation, wouldn't he?
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

I'm that person who, as a kid, loved to read the rules before doing anything else. But of course, that just makes me more excited for the drama!

Three more childhood chapters? Good for you. I had nine for childhood in my latest gen, which I really should have cut down quite a bit. Oh well, now I know for next time. And yeah, I don't know what's going to happen when they're teens, but I expect that it will be good.

I don't remember how to change my signature.
    Damaro wrote: »
    ... who can say no to Cole...

Probably NOT the 5 ladies in your sig. xD

Very enchanting prologue. :) I already love the kids and Doc&Naomi.

Poor Ben, I cant even imagine what a panic attack he will get when his little daughter will become pregnant one day...
    Good that Cole isn't a girl, if he was, as a daughter of Grace, Ben would freak out even more in such a situation, wouldn't he?

Haha! The 5 ladies in the siggy don’t, not at first anyway! :joy:

But - OMG! :joy: I hadn’t even thought of how he will be when Amelia gets pregnant one day! Or if Cole had been a girl. I hope Ben is on lots of meds for that! Thankfully or hopefully when that happens she won’t be living with him. :joy::joy:

I'm that person who, as a kid, loved to read the rules before doing anything else. But of course, that just makes me more excited for the drama!

Three more childhood chapters? Good for you. I had nine for childhood in my latest gen, which I really should have cut down quite a bit. Oh well, now I know for next time. And yeah, I don't know what's going to happen when they're teens, but I expect that it will be good.

You and I are so alike in that respect. I read all the rules - same thing for assembly instructions - before doing anything!

Teen years, college years, adult years....we will see how he fares with these five ladies. <3
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Good prologue so far. Can't wait to see how the rest of Gen 2 comes out.