Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I Get Island Paradise? (Closed)

KakashijewlKakashijewl Posts: 39 Member
Heya everyone! as you can tell by the title I was wondering if I should get Island Paradise. A lot of the stuff I have seen in IP has interested me. I was wondering how it plays, the reason I ask is because I heard that this expansion could cause some really bad glitches and causes save errors. I want input from people who have this expansion and their experiences.
Post edited by Kakashijewl on

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Bottom line: the content is well worth it, I think. Yes, the world itself wasn't QC'd well and has issues. Front doors are inside a house or behind arches, so visitors are confused and can't route there. The castle is so huge that the events time out before anyone can get to the door. Sometimes tubs are blocked by toilets. Fences can trap spawned animals inside. One home has a small partially enclosed porch and the toddler will get trapped there. Another home has the stairs to the upstairs outside and a very cluttered lawn. Two sims are pregnant and still working. Houseboats might have been moving and not completely at port when the game was finalized. So, once the world is "fixed" by the player, it's a great world. I love it. I've even shared my save file so others can merely download my save(s), and load up their games to choose my save without having to fix all the stuff themselves. Click on the appropriate link in my siggie.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The issues in IP are mostly limited to it's world. Games in other worlds should be fine. I've never heard of save errors due to IP. I've had the EP for a while and my games in other worlds play just as they did before I got IP. When I finally played Isla Paradiso I used ciane's version and had only minor issues which were easy enough to fix myself.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    The only unwanted side-effect I ever see of the IP expansion in other worlds is that in some cases sims will try to use boats for routing where the waterways are too shallow or narrow (e.g., Riverview) for that to work properly and they just keep going in circles on the water with no place to dock. But NRaas GoHere has a setting that will prevent that from happening, for those not averse to using mods. And it's not game-breaking if it does happen with or without mods, one can just reset the sims if they get stuck doing that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KakashijewlKakashijewl Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks everyone for the input!! I will definitely be getting IP!