March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which hair type do you prefer? Alpha or clay?

Comments

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    clay i tired the "real hair" before for Ana and look if stand out of elsa o.e and elsa looked better hair base came style hair i use lot maxis match for my sims it fit her. if see from my picture.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    I use both, but I think I prefer Alpha hair.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Alpha but I don't think we'll ever see hair like that in a sims game or eyelashes for that matter.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    Clay don't stray. :*
  • cinnxmonbuncinnxmonbun Posts: 20 Member
    I use clay hair but I am tempted to start using Alpha because there's so many more of them and they look really good.
    "May the odds be ever in your favour!"
  • CerulleCerulle Posts: 27 Member
    I use both, depending on the sim and whether their whole look is cohesive. Generally tho, I lean more towards hair that is sort of inbetween? Not exactly alpha hair, but more textured than EA clay hair. So long as it doesn't look too 'out there' I'm good really.
    koNiqwj.jpg

• DBClaytonDBClayton Posts: 74 Member
    I like some of the clay styles, but prefer the overall aesthetic of Alpha hairs. Hair and eyes I prefer Alpha, the rest I mix and match.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I prefer Alpha hair. I was disappointed when I saw how plastic and cartoonish the skins and textures were in TS4. I prefer to have more natural/realistic looking skins and hairs.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Clay for sure. Alpha just doesn't fit the art style of Sims 4.
  • hannnamaehannnamae Posts: 3 New Member
    Alpha hair is definitely my favorite. I like clay hair but none of them ever fit my style.
  • TwilightPigTwilightPig Posts: 235 Member
    I like alpha :smile: It's kind of jarring seeing other sims with base game hair though so I tend to change all sims I come across into alpha so now the whole town has alpha hair.
    giphy.gif
  • AesthequesAestheques Posts: 36 Member
    I love Alpha, I can re-create people & I generally like realistic Sims! But I do play with Maxis-Match CC sometimes. I generally don't have issues with CC, but that's because I play on a pretty big PC & play on high settings.
    Uo421al.gif
  • TheOtherHannahTheOtherHannah Posts: 76 Member
    Always Alpha :) but if I'm going to be honest I spend more time in CAS than I do actually playing so that might be why.
    -H
  • hankiepie2345hankiepie2345 Posts: 56 Member
    i prefer clay for this type of game
  • MarshMarsh Posts: 47 Member
    Alpha. The clay hairs are nice and have some nice meshes but I've always preferred more realistic looking sims and the alpha is better for that.
    screenshdot-251.png
    https://bleedingnegative.files.wordpress.com/
    Marshall. California. Been playing since 2004!
  • jprich99jprich99 Posts: 39 Member
    It really depends on the style. If i can find it in alpha (with a good color) then I will go with that.
    But a fair amount of the hair ztyles I like havent been done in alpha (or dont meet my standards).

Also, until recently Ive had to get all of my "ethnic" hair from alpha sources. They added some decent ones in recent packs so Im about 50/50.
  • GourmetSimsXGourmetSimsX Posts: 15 Member
    TBH, I got fed up with alpha mods because of 2 things: the hairs are either unattractive or the quality is lacking. There are only a handful of capable creators who make decent alpha mods. And from this small percentage, only a few of them create hairs that I actually like. Also,like @jprich99 pointed out, the "ethnic" hair styles that I prefer are mostly alpha. However, the quality of these hairs seem to be even worse. I have seen some disastrous afros, braids, dreads, fades, etc. This has made purge my entire mods folder in search of clayifed hairs and maxis match mods.
  • silver_songbirdsilver_songbird Posts: 305 Member
    I think Clay, but I'm not opposed to alpha. I am just far to lazy to change every townie sim to alpha hair :D
  • CodyleeMalfoyCodyleeMalfoy Posts: 100 Member
    Alpha 100%, I like my Sim's to be realistic.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Alpha hair looks more realistic, but In TS4 I prefer Maxis Match. It would look weird otherwise.
  • giovisapenguingiovisapenguin Posts: 19 Member
    i'm a huuuuge alpha lover, so i'm going with that
  • Phoebebun1Phoebebun1 Posts: 12 New Member
    I like alpha more, but I have a few cc clay hairs that are really beautiful. I think curly hairstyles look best as clay rather than alpha.
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm not that keen on the clay hair but I do have a lot of alpha hairs. I use those because I am in a sims 4 modelling comp and plus I am a cc addict lol.
    Everyone has their own preferences and no one should put other simmers sims down because they use no cc at all or use just cc. I have seen a lot of wonderful sims that have no cc and with cc :)
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    maxis match actually cause its same style clay or cartoon style of hairs that matches to the game i can't use alpha on less am using for is mesh for comes with maxis match or clay and cause like my picture look better then alpha aren't to bad for ts3 but sims4 then is clay for me.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    I use both in my game, but i LOVE kijiko hairs because.... Anime. I do mostly use alpha though.
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png