Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited April 2018
    Okay how about this for schedule?

March 18th-April 6th - Livin' A Simmin' Life (anything through part one) @Adamseve1231 (and/or general discussion or get caught up on another story) :)
    April 7-April 20th @Piazzagirl1015 A Race Against Time (anything through Gen 4)
    April 21st-May 4th @Maladi777 The Heffner Legacy
    May 5th - May 18th @candycottonchu Neighbourhood Talk
    May 19th -June 1st @Arrowleaf The Landon Legacy
    June 2nd-June 15th @friendsfan367 The Benders

And then it's possible we'll have some returnees, and we can discuss summer closer to the time. :)

Feel free everyone to read other stories during the scheduled weeks (especially if you're caught up) and feel free to shoot out questions for the reading circle as a writer and/or reader at any time. This structured time is just to help us focus the discussion if we're struggling to come up with discussion topics and to help keep consistently supporting all the writers in this circle. :) Hopefully that makes sense. Feel free to ask questions if you're confused by the logistics.

So at this point, starting Saturday, April 7th, we'll focus on reading and general discussion for @Piazzagirl1015's story and then starting on the week of the 15th, we'll have a more targeted discussion. Feel free to start thinking of questions for that week, @Piazzagirl1015. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @candycottonchu Sounds lovely. I can't wait to read your story.

@friendsfan367 Enchiladas sound delicious. What are you going to make with chicken? I have many chicken recipes I make, and one trick to help keep the chicken really moist. :)

My LASL story is listed in my signature below as "My Simself Story" and yes, I try and update that one in the writer's lounge thread. If you want to read one chapter in part one, cool. If you can't get to it, no worries. Like I said above, feel free to keep reading/talking about my story and anyone else's story for that matter even in off weeks. I love to encourage discussion! :)

@Piazzagirl1015 I updated the schedule above and if everyone's okay with it, I'll post it on our home page here. That way we have a few more days to get acquainted, caught up, situated, etc. :) You can start Saturday. Thanks for the good luck wishes. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

@friendsfan367 Enchiladas sound delicious. What are you going to make with chicken? I have many chicken recipes I make, and one trick to help keep the chicken really moist. :)

My LASL story is listed in my signature below as "My Simself Story" and yes, I try and update that one in the writer's lounge thread. If you want to read one chapter in part one, cool. If you can't get to it, no worries. Like I said above, feel free to keep reading/talking about my story and anyone else's story for that matter even in off weeks. I love to encourage discussion! :)

@Piazzagirl1015 I updated the schedule above and if everyone's okay with it, I'll post it on our home page here. That way we have a few more days to get acquainted, caught up, situated, etc. :) You can start Saturday. Thanks for the good luck wishes. :)

i don't know how to explain it mom and i callit chicken and rice with orange juice.

i don't know how to explain it mom and i callit chicken and rice with orange juice.

@friendsfan367 Hmm... interesting. I wouldn't do orange juice because I'm allergic. But I've done chicken with rice, butternut squash, sauteed apples, and apple juice. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@friendsfan367 Hmm... interesting. I wouldn't do orange juice because I'm allergic. But I've done chicken with rice, butternut squash, sauteed apples, and apple juice. :)

i never knew anyone could be allergic to orange juice.

i'll read sometime in the next 2 days ayden finally cooperated. he got in the pool . but its emotionally draining to write so i probbably won't red just yet.

i'm going to start with pizzagirl because even though i missed you i can catch up in the reading circles. hope you don't mind.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 The schedule looks great to me and it gives me until the end of the week to finish reading. I was going through your story tonight but suddenly I got a burst inspiration for my second story and I needed to get all of that down. After yours I will be going down the schedule.

@AdamsEve1231 and @friendsfan367 You guys are making me hungry. That chicken with the butternut squash and apples sounds heavenly and I never thought about making chicken with orange juice which sounds great too. Sometimes I make an Asian style orange chicken with orange marmalade.
    @friendsfan367 I have a citrus allergy. It's weird. I know.

Is that chapter you're writing or going to be writing the one I'm thinking of?
    with Ayden in the pool and his dad is upset about it because he told Ayden not to and Ayden nearly drowns? I can understand that chapter being emotionally challenging.

@Piazzagirl1015 Hooray! Yay for writing bursts of inspiration. No worries. Take your time. I look forward to trying to catch up on your story also. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hey everyone, this week over on my Simblr, I am doing how well do you know your character type questions, starting with one of my favorite protagonists, Kassiopeia Fullbright. I know that we aren't reading my KCLKF story right now, but I thought I'd let you all know if there are other Kass fans out there. ;) (Possible light spoilers; I tried to avoid them).

Also I'm asking around to see what other characters you might like to see me answer these questions for, from any of my stories.

Also, if you decide to do this for yourself on Simblr or your blog, I'd be happy to promote/reblog your posts too. It'd be fun to see other characters' answers. FYI, I totally borrowed this idea from another Simblr/Simmer. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @friendsfan367 I have a citrus allergy. It's weird. I know.

Is that chapter you're writing or going to be writing the one I'm thinking of?
    with Ayden in the pool and his dad is upset about it because he told Ayden not to and Ayden nearly drowns? I can understand that chapter being emotionally challenging.

@Piazzagirl1015 Hooray! Yay for writing bursts of inspiration. No worries. Take your time. I look forward to trying to catch up on your story also. :)

ayden is fine but noel is upset because he disobeyed him and because he wasn't paying attention he didn't know where ayden was. okay now stop making me do spoilers i need to write it . i woke up late. :)
    since i have no idea where we are i did what i said i'd do and read pizzagirls next post . emit still cracks me up. he learned about doing and one night stands. he kindof reminds me of me.

i learned a lot from watching friends tv show and working with teens and 20 somethings. so hes easy for me to relate too.
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015
    Hey! I started reading the 4th generation now, after finishing the first three.
    I like your sense of humour! And your characters are all so adorable in their quirkiness.
    I definitely like Sandi a lot!
    Sandi: I wish to always have good fashion sense.
    That's my kind of girl! xD

You seem to have a lot of ideas for your stories, I think I didn't see anything similar so far. How do you come up with those stories?
    @Piazzagirl1015, @friendsfan367, @Arrowleaf, @Maladi777, @candycottonchu

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies on my story. Today we start discussing/reading @Piazzagirl1015's story - A Race Against Time (anything up through Gen 4). Don't feel pressured to read a lot if you can't (one chapter is the only real requirement/suggestion), and the opposite applies to (if you're feeling up to binge read).

@Piazzagirl1015 Let us know if you have any specific questions you'd like us to discuss or areas you'd like our thoughts. :)

Happy Simming!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Piazzagirl1015, @friendsfan367, @Arrowleaf, @Maladi777, @candycottonchu

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies on my story. Today we start discussing/reading @Piazzagirl1015's story - A Race Against Time (anything up through Gen 4). Don't feel pressured to read a lot if you can't (one chapter is the only real requirement/suggestion), and the opposite applies to (if you're feeling up to binge read).

@Piazzagirl1015 Let us know if you have any specific questions you'd like us to discuss or areas you'd like our thoughts. :)

Happy Simming!

yeah that means i'm reading the right one . usually i'm a weekor 2 behind. but a little less drama now that my brothers divorce papers are signed.

i just realized my life is somewhat following the benders. last time noel and lauren died. right after i started again dad died. last time had 2 divorces one i expected the other i didn't because adrian would take his wifes bad behaior and ignore it.

anthony and alec also had marriage issues but stayed married. shocking but not the most shocking.

the most shocking is because ayden got divorced

alana and rylan had the logest marriage. i guess thats what happens when you expect a shark to eat a guppy then the opposite happens.

theese aren't spoilers relly because with the exception of ayden and alana someties the other benders decide single is better. even alana did before last time.
    @AdamsEve1231 I finished reading part 1 last night and I meant to get this posted today. However every time I sat down at the computer today the phone rang, someone called me away, my sister came over unexpected, the dog started barking etc etc etc. Today was one of those wasted days where nothing productive was done. I hate days like that. Things have quieted down tonight thankfully so posting these answers late.

My answers might contain spoilers so going to hide them.
    1) What do you think of the challenge aspect of the story - an ISBI (I'm Surrounded by Idi*ts) challenge? How do you feel I incorporate this into the story?

I read the rules to the challenge before starting to read your story. I have played hand off for bachelor challenges so I already knew that sims had the strangest behavior when left on their own. I've never played where there was only control of one sim which I do think would be something fun to try someday.

I have to say that I am amazed at how well you incorporated all those autonomous interactions by the other sims into the story. You used a lot of creativity and imagination on simple interactions and turned it into a story.

2) What are your thoughts about the characters and their interactions?

I found this type of story as rather refreshing. Due to the erratic behavior of the sims it creates some unusual situations and scenes. Where else can you see a bride doing Push ups right after the ceremony in her wedding dress? My favorite scene is when Lizzy brings Joseph home and he invites himself in. After an entire day of jogging and baby sitting she is in desperate need of a shower and of course Joseph literally catches her with her pants down. The icing of the cake is when her mother walks in on all of this. After that scenario Joseph is still welcome to spend the night with the family.

3) Do you have a favorite character and if so, who and why?

I have many favorite characters and it is so difficult to chose just one. I love how Lizzy was able to overcome her heartbreak from Rob and the way she moved on by advancing her career. As you know from the comments I was rooting for Joseph in that love triangle all along. I have a confession to make I usually pick the guy that gets heartbroken. It's a special talent of mine whether its a book, movie, tv show or sim lit. I guess my always wrong streak is broken so now I have another reason to consider Joseph a favorite. Nothing against Rob as he would have been a good choice too. The real reason he is my favorite is because he was willing to step aside if it meant Lizzie was happy with Rob. After the break up he didn't push her and he patiently waited for Lizzie to figure out her life and be ready to move on. I'll just give you one more, Nora. She killed me. The time at the night club when she had a couple of drinks in her after she found out the guy that was her date. I do have to give her credit she wanted Julian so much she stood on the trash to spy on him and she got her man at the wedding.

4) Do you have any favorite parts?

I guess I have already mentioned a few of my favorite parts but I do have another. On the first date that Lizzie and Joseph went on. The one that was a disaster. Usually when people have a bad date they go home all upset but not Lizzie she stayed out with friends and eventually was taken home by Rob. I think the expression "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade" applies right here.

5) Any future predictions?

She eventually gets married to Joseph, they raise a family and live happily ever after.

6) What questions do you have for me?

I was in awe on how you had all the details of the interactions the non controlled sims documented well. Was that done by memory or were you taking notes along the way?

Will you be doing generations for this challenge? If so how many?
    @AdamsEve1231 I finished reading part 1 last night and I meant to get this posted today. However every time I sat down at the computer today the phone rang, someone called me away, my sister came over unexpected, the dog started barking etc etc etc. Today was one of those wasted days where nothing productive was done. I hate days like that. Things have quieted down tonight thankfully so posting these answers late.

1) What do you think of the challenge aspect of the story - an ISBI (I'm Surrounded by Idi*ts) challenge? How do you feel I incorporate this into the story?

I read the rules to the challenge before starting to read your story. I have played hand off for bachelor challenges so I already knew that sims had the strangest behavior when left on their own. I've never played where there was only control of one sim which I do think would be something fun to try someday.

I have to say that I am amazed at how well you incorporated all those autonomous interactions by the other sims into the story. You used a lot of creativity and imagination on simple interactions and turned it into a story.

I found this type of story as rather refreshing. Due to the erratic behavior of the sims it creates some unusual situations and scenes. Where else can you see a bride doing Push ups right after the ceremony in her wedding dress? My favorite scene is when Lizzy brings Joseph home and he invites himself in. After an entire day of jogging and baby sitting she is in desperate need of a shower and of course Joseph literally catches her with her pants down. The icing of the cake is when her mother walks in on all of this. After that scenario Joseph is still welcome to spend the night with the family.

I have many favorite characters and it is so difficult to chose just one. I love how Lizzy was able to overcome her heartbreak from Rob and the way she moved on by advancing her career. As you know from the comments I was rooting for Joseph in that love triangle all along. I have a confession to make I usually pick the guy that gets heartbroken. It's a special talent of mine whether its a book, movie, tv show or sim lit. I guess my always wrong streak is broken so now I have another reason to consider Joseph a favorite. Nothing against Rob as he would have been a good choice too. The real reason he is my favorite is because he was willing to step aside if it meant Lizzie was happy with Rob. After the break up he didn't push her and he patiently waited for Lizzie to figure out her life and be ready to move on. I'll just give you one more, Nora. She killed me. The time at the night club when she had a couple of drinks in her after she found out the guy that was her date. I do have to give her credit she wanted Julian so much she stood on the trash to spy on him and she got her man at the wedding.

I guess I have already mentioned a few of my favorite parts but I do have another. On the first date that Lizzie and Joseph went on. The one that was a disaster. Usually when people have a bad date they go home all upset but not Lizzie she stayed out with friends and eventually was taken home by Rob. I think the expression "When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade" applies right here.

She eventually gets married to Joseph, they raise a family and live happily ever after.

I was in awe on how you had all the details of the interactions the non controlled sims documented well. Was that done by memory or were you taking notes along the way?

not to change the subject but how did your test go? or do you know yet.
    I wanted to put my answers for the discussion on its own post, so now I will get caught up over here.
    Hey everyone, this week over on my Simblr, I am doing how well do you know your character type questions, starting with one of my favorite protagonists, Kassiopeia Fullbright. I know that we aren't reading my KCLKF story right now, but I thought I'd let you all know if there are other Kass fans out there. ;) (Possible light spoilers; I tried to avoid them).

Also I'm asking around to see what other characters you might like to see me answer these questions for, from any of my stories.

Also, if you decide to do this for yourself on Simblr or your blog, I'd be happy to promote/reblog your posts too. It'd be fun to see other characters' answers. FYI, I totally borrowed this idea from another Simblr/Simmer. :)

I just checked out your Simblr. I don't have one of those so I couldn't comment or like. At least I didn't see an option for it so its highly possible that I just missed it. I found it interesting and I would love to see you do one for Gage.

Let us know if you have any specific questions you'd like us to discuss or areas you'd like our thoughts. :)

Would it be ok if I posted the the questions from the last time? I have a hard time coming up with discussion questions and its the same chapters.

since i have no idea where we are i did what i said i'd do and read pizzagirls next post . emit still cracks me up. he learned about doing and one night stands. he kindof reminds me of me.

i learned a lot from watching friends tv show and working with teens and 20 somethings. so hes easy for me to relate too.

I'm so glad that you are loving Emmett. He knows so much about technology but completely naive when it comes to relationships and other stuff.

Thank you so much for asking. I passed so now I am on a waiting list for the interview part.

@Piazzagirl1015
    I like your sense of humour! And your characters are all so adorable in their quirkiness.

You seem to have a lot of ideas for your stories, I think I didn't see anything similar so far. How do you come up with those stories?

Thank you so much for the compliment. Even though I probably have a lot of soapy drama in there I try to keep things light. Too much drama can get depressing. Sandi is a favorite of mine too and I have been avoiding that save file as in game she is an elder on borrowed time. That is the one bad part about legacy type challenges.
    Don't you just hate those hideous outfits they decide to age up in? LOL

I do my best to keep the stories fresh and non repetitive. Considering the challenge revolves on their lifetime wishes the story will be something that will tie in with that or the career which helps. I actually changed my generation 5 story because it had a major element that was too close to Sandi's story. The rest of the story was different and I will do that story for another generation. I do have a number of ideas for different topics that I intend to do in the future written on index cards but I need to find the right heir and right ltw to tie it in with.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Absolutely. You can just copy and paste the same questions since it was so recent. I confess, I put you up so soon again because I wanted a chance to catch up some since I didn't get to last round and I felt a little bad. ;) Of course, I'm looking forward to catching up on everyone's stories.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Piazzagirl1015

Thank you so much for the compliment. Even though I probably have a lot of soapy drama in there I try to keep things light. Too much drama can get depressing. Sandi is a favorite of mine too and I have been avoiding that save file as in game she is an elder on borrowed time. That is the one bad part about legacy type challenges.

I do my best to keep the stories fresh and non repetitive. Considering the challenge revolves on their lifetime wishes the story will be something that will tie in with that or the career which helps. I actually changed my generation 5 story because it had a major element that was too close to Sandi's story. The rest of the story was different and I will do that story for another generation. I do have a number of ideas for different topics that I intend to do in the future written on index cards but I need to find the right heir and right ltw to tie it in with.
    [/quote]

Thank you for your detailed answer!
    I find you keep the balance between drama and light things really well. It's really entertaining to read!

Ahhh, the hideous outfits. You cannot escape them in sims 4 either. Plus there the game generated NPCs seem to have a preference for them too. Esp. green hair. And they often look like Zoe Durwood.

I have to say so far every chapter has surprised me with new turns of events that I did not expect, so you succeeded xD
    I wanted to put my answers for the discussion on its own post, so now I will get caught up over here.

I just checked out your Simblr. I don't have one of those so I couldn't comment or like. At least I didn't see an option for it so its highly possible that I just missed it. I found it interesting and I would love to see you do one for Gage.

Let us know if you have any specific questions you'd like us to discuss or areas you'd like our thoughts. :)

Would it be ok if I posted the the questions from the last time? I have a hard time coming up with discussion questions and its the same chapters.

I'm so glad that you are loving Emmett. He knows so much about technology but completely naive when it comes to relationships and other stuff.

Thank you so much for asking. I passed so now I am on a waiting list for the interview part.

@Piazzagirl1015

well it was a great time to ask. its your turn and adamandeve never said the questions had to related to the story. :) congrats on passing.
    edited April 2018

@Piazzagirl1015 No worries. I know how that is. I was super busy during the two weeks my mom was here that I didn't get a lot of things done. I spent most of the weekend cleaning, straightening, organizing, prepping for my upcoming interviews, catching up on work for my job, grocery shopping, packing/moving since we're housesitting for friends, etc. And now that the week is starting again... I have a flu bug. Meh. So I'm home sick in my friend's house which is a little weird, but at least it's really quiet here unlike my normal house.

Onto your questions/answers...

Thank you.

Haha... yeah, that was a pretty embarrassing night, but it actually made it through a loophole of mine... no serious dating until you meet the family.

Interesting confession. Rooting for the underdog? Yeah, for me it's 50-50 when it comes to guessing the love interest for a character in someone else's story. I really expected her to pick Rob so I had scenarios and situations worked out in my head, and then Joseph just kept asserting himself and I really grew to like his Simself and in the end, he was the best choice for Lizzie. And yes, Nora is hilarious. She was bound and determined to win over Julian.

Lizzie didn't want to go home so I didn't make her. The results were interesting to say the least.

You'll have to read Part Two. :smiley:

I took detailed notes, but some was from memory. I also relied heavily on excess screenshots and screen captures.

I plan to do other generations. We'll see what ends up happening with how many.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @candycottonchu FYI, I filled out a "get to know your character" thing for Lizzie Green, my Simself on my Simblr since you requested it.

@Piazzagirl1015 I'm working on one for Gage. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 Cool, thank you! :D I really wanted to know more about Lizzie! You gonna make her a pet? Aww <3 I think cats would fit her well, but with her dislike for Cat, maybe she would prefer a dog XD
    Also shame on me, but only now I got the 4th question is about bags :D

I think it might be also nice if the author of the rotations would like to fill out something like this for their main character's story? But I can understand if it is too much trouble.
    edited April 2018
    @AdamsEve1231 Cool, thank you! :D I really wanted to know more about Lizzie! You gonna make her a pet? Aww <3 I think cats would fit her well, but with her dislike for Cat, maybe she would prefer a dog XD
    Also shame on me, but only now I got the 4th question is about bags :D

I think it might be also nice if the author of the rotations would like to fill out something like this for their main character's story? But I can understand if it is too much trouble.

@candycottonchu I like that idea too, but no pressure to anyone. :)

You're welcome btw. I linked I think for question 4?!?

And we'll see if Lizzie ends up with a cat or dog. :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest