Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers actions request and ideas

rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
Can we talk about toddlers? It would be nice if when you put him to bed, they would sleep for a while (like 2 or 4 real hours!) to let the adults do other things. Now they walk around the house and don't make nothing more

It would be cool to have the option of changing babies' clothes straight into the CAS with new hairs and clothes from the toddlers Stuff Pack.

I think stacking blocks would be cool to have on the sims mobile. Toddlers need more objects to play automatically. At the moment they just walk around the house and interact if you talk to them.

It would be cool to have random balloons on babies saying they are hungry, sleepy or in the mood to use the bathroom. They need to communicate in some way and with actions outside of family events.

Now that we have sims of other people walking around the world, it would be cool to have a toddler event with giant toys and parental actions to do with the babies in the park. If this includes toddlers from other families it would be perfect.
It would be good for parents to interact and for kids to meet new kids.
At the moment toddlers and kids can't leave the house, so it would be cool.

Kids need go to school too. Maybe a task on daily to-do list to kids go to school and back 4 ou 5 real hours latter.

What objects or actions would you like to see in the sims mobile in the future?
Post edited by rafaeljonas on

Comments

• rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    DHSPilIXYAInoOF.jpg

I thought of an event similar to that or a fixed space on the map (maybe on some new park) to get the kids and toddlers to play together and parents relax for a while.

I love this stuff pack!
  • zoeisabeliazoeisabelia Posts: 67 Member

Kids need go to school too. Maybe a task on daily to-do list to kids go to school and back 4 ou 5 real hours latter.

I really hope they don’t introduce real time because then it’s starts to feel like the sims freeplay....which is a good game on its own, but that’s I think the major difference with this game. While events do take hours to complete, you can pick it up every so often and help your sims out, instead of just timing everything to make sure you get some interaction with the other game.

I really hope they don’t introduce real time because then it’s starts to feel like the sims freeplay....which is a good game on its own, but that’s I think the major difference with this game. While events do take hours to complete, you can pick it up every so often and help your sims out, instead of just timing everything to make sure you get some interaction with the other game.

yes, I don't like real-time too, but it's a good solution at the moment for toddlers and kids that are currently not controlled. They stay stuck looking at an object or walking around the house at random. Maybe if we have a toddlers objects, they can do something randomly like playing or see a TV shows like the sims 4 PC.
    about going to school, kids getting out of the lot for 4 or 5 hours, would make it more realistic (sims going school is a classic on TS), especially if it unlocked some unique trait in new events like "homework help" or "projects" like Parenthood stuff pack.
    While I agree with you that maybe more interactions are needed, the point is that the moment they introduce something timed, it might open the doors for other long time non/interactive gameplay. Ive been a long time sims player myself and a software developer and I can say with some assurance that the software or th eprogramming needed to bring a lot of the elements that we love like autonomous actions or more space to play with toddlers and children and , might require greater hardware than what a mobile device can do right now. Maybe in the future since technology is always advancing, but I am hopeful.
    OMG I'm a developer too! This is amazing! :)
    I think the question of some things not being introduced at the moment is more by planning in roadmap.
    They are refining things before the world launch and so toddlers and kids have not received so much attention. I dn't think it's still a hardware limitation.

For now adults make some random interactions like put a notebook outside on table or take a selfie with friends. Some sims sit and see tv or go to bed or do things on work. I think it's about roadmap but good point it.

What elements you expect to see on game this year after the worldwide launch?
    Honestly I have not played the game myself, but I have kept up watching all the videos I can from it. I think having events of the type of getting every player involved ...not just in parties ...but like have neighborhoods were is a collection of players and there is a bigger world map. I am sure they have tons of content lined up and ready to go soon as it’s world launched and actually see how the servers reactions is. Also, the team for this game is small and is truly amazing what have they accomplished in short bursts between versions. They have started to add more people to the team as of late so I’m sure they have big plans for this game this year
  • goddessvenusgoddessvenus Posts: 3 New Member
    Something I would love to see is “Toddler Tables” or kids tables. I find the high chairs to be very time-annoying. By the time I put my toddler in the high chair and my sim starts to do something else, suddenly my toddlers done eating and my sim has to stop doing what they’re doing to take the toddler out. Most of the time I don’t buy the high chairs, I leave food out and my toddler takes it and sits on the floor or couch to eat. Myself and a lot of people I know use to have “kids tables” to eat at during large family dinners so it’s be cool for the sims to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a toddler or kids table
  • goddessvenusgoddessvenus Posts: 3 New Member
    Also toddler play dates was a great idea, but myself and a lot of simmers I know barely or never planned a toddler play date because it’s hard to have our sims meet other sims with toddlers. Idk of anything could be done about that but it’s a great idea that’s not being used much.
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    Here's a idea and something I'd probably even use. A hide checkmark option. It'll hide the checkmark until you press the player apart from the UI or press on the UI players face. Just a thought :smile: until then, just refrain from pressing the check and they will stay in bed!
  • Shakespear03Shakespear03 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question about toddlers. In the original The Sims PC game it took a certain amount of interactions with the baby/toddler to grow up is that also true with the mobile version? If so how, long or how many interactions would it take in the mobile version? TYIA.
  • AngilaAngila Posts: 1 New Member
    I've noticed the babies grow to toddlers, toddlers to children. Do they become a playable Sim when they become an adult?
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    @Angila yes, when you retire your current Sims. Then they will become NPCs and hang around your lot.
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    edited March 2018
    Toddlers definitely need to do something, just like other unplayed household sims. I bought the toy box, hoping the toddler would play with it automatically, but it only can be viewed by your active adult sim. Totally worth it.
  • LllzzrtLllzzrt Posts: 6 New Member
    Can someone please help. My sim child is all grown up and she’s an adult now I still can’t control this sim what’s happening what must I do ?? I’m confused
  • NapodanNapodan Posts: 7 New Member
    You need a free space and you can promote her with the house portrait.
  • TheRealXtremeTVTheRealXtremeTV Posts: 17 Member
    They could make a community centre, where baby themed events could happen. It could also be used as a nursery and a new career could be added, called "Nursery teacher". Also, more garden toddler items could be introduced like Big Wheel's, play houses, and sandpits.
  • ThatGirlInBlueThatGirlInBlue Posts: 1 New Member
    Just wondering...so the toy chest isn't something that has actions? And am I not supposed to have more than two actions with my toddler? (Hug, & listen to babbling).
    Just wondering...so the toy chest isn't something that has actions? And am I not supposed to have more than two actions with my toddler? (Hug, & listen to babbling).

at this point you can only do 1 event daily with the baby, but you can listen, hug, give food and put him in bed. At this point the options are really basic.
    And on the toy chest, it has no function. It is "decorative" but should change in the future.
  • RachPPRachPP Posts: 12 New Member
    I hope toddlers can play with other toddlers in the house. My two toddlers at home never seemed to notice each other. I then aged one of them up and see if the child will play with her toddler sister. Unfortunately, no. It was only when I aged the other toddler up that finally the sisters start to talk to each other. I find it sad that my kids and toddlers would rather roam around doing nothing than to hang out with their siblings.
  • DudeitsbethDudeitsbeth Posts: 11 New Member
    Just a little bit of concern on my part? I dont understand why there are no teenagers in the sims mobile. Through out the sims teenagers have been a thing and all of a sudden they go from child to adult. Which is kinda weird. I mean I guess you can customize the sim to look like a teen and have relationships like one like maybe even the secret crush relationship or friends with benefits one. But it would still be cool to have teens and also for the toddlers, I COMPLETELY agree. We need some type of thing to occupy toddlers so they dont just waddle around and stare at walls. Thats kinda weird and unrealistic.
  • katzX3katzX3 Posts: 15 Member
    Since Sims Mobile is about relationships, I’d likeinteractions 4 toddlers/children, where the parents playi different things w/them-pulling different toys out of the unuseable toy chest? At the end of the short event toys magically go back into the toy box-unlike real life
  • badkittibadkitti Posts: 3 New Member
    i was on a diff. "forum" area and can't find it now but it was asking about what we would like to see with babies/toddlers. i think babies shouldn't age straight to toddler. they need the baby stage of being carried around the house; time in a stroller, time on the floor playing with siblings, a crawl stage. now they're just something the mother has to do when you can tear her away from the computer. and she FINALLY goes to ck on them. and toddlers should grow up in stages to school age; school age should grow into teens gradually as well... and for goodness sakes, what is this about getting up at 3 am and eating, showering, etc. my gosh.. put them to sleep for the NIGHT.. drives me nuts. :smile:
  • AahlifeAahlife Posts: 1 New Member
    Badkitti. The potential baby activities you mentioned are for just for the mothers. Why not the also for the father and other adults in the household as well?
    I'm still waiting a update for toddlers in this game!
    :'(
  • HeronyxHeronyx Posts: 43 Member
    [quote="badkitti;c-16692113"]i was on a diff. "forum" area and can't find it now but it was asking about what we would like to see with babies/toddlers. i think babies shouldn't age straight to toddler. they need the baby stage of being carried around the house; time in a stroller, time on the floor playing with siblings, a crawl stage. now they're just something the mother has to do when you can tear her away from the computer. and she FINALLY goes to ck on them. and toddlers should grow up in stages to school age; school age should grow into teens gradually as well... and for goodness sakes, what is this about getting up at 3 am and eating, showering, etc. my gosh.. put them to sleep for the NIGHT.. drives me nuts. :smile: [/quote]

Thay would only work if the relationship status between the parent and baby could go up whilst doing these activities and if there were family specific stories that you could play to achieve the good upbringing trait or others but there aren't. Since I haven't played The Sims 4, I don't know how this works in that game but not developing a specifically family relationship on mobile is an annoyance.