Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to hide the UI?

I'm getting into house building, and want to take a bunch of screenshots. I know that the UI doesn't show up in the screenshots, but it's pretty difficult for me to see all of what I'm getting in the shot, and as I'm on a laptop my screen isn't very big and the UI takes up a bunch of it. F10 doesn't work like it did in sims 3. Any ideas?
Follow me on the gallery! @Kamirose9046

Comments

• FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    Hit tab for free camera and I believe the UI is gone too in free-cam mode.
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • xale90xale90 Posts: 209 Member
    Use TAB as FatCat said. Doesn't work in building mode. Use the mouse scroll to change the field of view when in free camera mode.
    Bjork-animated-fix3sec_zpse5f5950f.gif ModernMansionDesign_zps90f720d8.gif Modern-House-Design_zpsf4076eb9.gif GJmTYrF.gif nfh_zps4d3443dd.png
    Click on each image to see the house
  • KamiroseKamirose Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2014
    xale90 wrote: »
    Use TAB as FatCat said. Doesn't work in building mode. Use the mouse scroll to change the field of view when in free camera mode.

Thanks for the help. It's a shame there's no way to disable the UI in building mode, I don't tend to have sims living on the lots I build :(
    Follow me on the gallery! @Kamirose9046
  • Sky_SimsSky_Sims Posts: 26 Member
    Thank. The. Lord. I've been trying to figure out how to do this since December, and finally found this article! Whew, I am SO glad. Thanks so much! (Also I know this was written 4 years ago.. lol.. but still, thanks!)
    445e2271a2be47c31974bf3c0824c731.jpg

May your sims be beautiful, and your homes a sight. May you have the perfect sim - one who sleeps the whole night.